NBA Best Small Forward of All Time... (Where is Bird & Pippen at?)

Originally Posted by NT OG

laugh.gif

what has LeBron done?
C'm on didnt you see him on the cover of vogue magazine, 1st man ever to appear solo on the cover
roll.gif

Originally Posted by yungmatt

Larry Legend
Scottie Pippen
Julius Erving
James Worthy
Elgin Baylor

Thats my top 5 but when IMO its all said and done LeBron will be the best basketball player of all time..
alien.gif

Originally Posted by SupraTurbo619

So if Lebron's legs get amputated tomorrow morning and he never plays another game you guys have him at #1 SF still?

#1 is Larry Legend!

I'd put him ahead of Grant Hill, that's for sure.
tongue.gif

But honestly I would still put Lebron NOW over Bird.

Bird had way better players around him than Lebron ever will. But there's no way you can say Bird had more God given ability than Lebron. If anything Iwill say that Bird was probably the smartest player to ever play that position.

so you guys think that the Bulls wouldn't be better if they had lebron james instead of pippen? you guys don't think that if you put jordan on the cavsroster that they wouldn't have done better than the bulls 72-10 season?

lebron now @ 25 > pippen

and statistically, you can argue that lebron james at 20 years old, in his SOPHOMORE season was better than pippen in his prime. scottie pippen came into theleague at 22 years old and averaged 10 points a game. u guys are crazy to say that lebron isn't top 5. Scottie Pippen would tell you himself that he wisheshe was able do what Lebron is doing right now.

Originally Posted by nYcHipHopHippo

so you guys think that the Bulls wouldn't be better if they had lebron james instead of pippen? you guys don't think that if you put jordan on the cavs roster that they wouldn't have done better than the bulls 72-10 season?

lebron now @ 25 > pippen

and statistically, you can argue that lebron james at 20 years old, in his SOPHOMORE season was better than pippen in his prime. scottie pippen came into the league at 22 years old and averaged 10 points a game. u guys are crazy to say that lebron isn't top 5. Scottie Pippen would tell you himself that he wishes he was able do what Lebron is doing right now.

You have to remember though that Pippen is regarded as one of the greatest defenders of all time and he does have six championships and almost took his team tothe finals without Jordan. Could he have won a championship by himself? Probably not, but has Lebron won any championships? When he does win some, then he willovertake Pippen. It isn't all about the numbers you put up, they have to translate into something.

so you guys think that the Bulls wouldn't be better if they had lebron james instead of pippen? you guys don't think that if you put jordan on the cavs roster that they wouldn't have done better than the bulls 72-10 season?

lebron now @ 25 > pippen

and statistically, you can argue that lebron james at 20 years old, in his SOPHOMORE season was better than pippen in his prime. scottie pippen came into the league at 22 years old and averaged 10 points a game. u guys are crazy to say that lebron isn't top 5. Scottie Pippen would tell you himself that he wishes he was able do what Lebron is doing right now.
No one said do you think such and such would be the best SF if they were on such and such team.

Pippens career is over and he is arguably the best SF to play. The Bulls winning them 72 games had a lot to do with Pippen, Jordan and Rodman 3 All NBADefensive First Teamers in a great system. Playing the what if game can go on for ever. As atheltic as Pippen was what if he played in the 60's
eek.gif
I'm sure you see the point...

No doubt Lebron is nice and will one day take his place at the top but he has NOT even scratched the surface of whatScottie has. And yes 6 rings is a tall order.

And YES it's easy for you or anyone to say he had Michael... but you better say Elgin Baylor had Wilt and Jery Westto help him win his 1 ring... and better say Dr J had Moses Malone help him get 1ring, Bird had nice support around him as well to help him win his 3 rings and Dominque had little help andmade the second round of the playoffs great scorer yes he was but he was not the complete player Pippen was... Yes Lebron can do some things but even KingJames needs some help too... Pretty sure I have heard a time or two Lebron may leave Cleveland if he doesn't get some help in there...
nerd.gif

No one can take any of those rings away from Pippen and try to boost someone else above him because he was a KEYcontributor to all 6 titles and if you ain't old enough to have seen it go rent the videos.

By the way Pippen was virtually UNKNOWN when he came in the league... took his game to a high level and kept it therefor some years became a house hold name. Even when MJ was out for all of 1994 and 65 games of 1995 Pippen handled his biz at a HIGH level go check his stats and see exactly why he was all NBA First Teamer both years.
eek.gif

You guys really need to tighten up your basketball IQ and stop trippin of Scott Pippen!

Originally Posted by alcapone

Originally Posted by DearWinter219

Originally Posted by bonafide125

Does Lebron get a mention? Or do you guys need him to have rings first?

Lebron IS the best SF of all time, rings or not.

Crucify me.
Over Bird.

And Pippen.

How?
honestly, Pippen would easily be the Lebron stopper. Dont forget how great of a defender Pippen was, and HOW BIG he was too.

I cant believe people are really saying Pippen is the best small forward ever?
laugh.gif

Better than Bird? Thats blasphemy!

I think y'all are confusing the best sidekick to best basketball player ever as the best small forward ever. What did Pippen do without Jordan?( pout andnot go into the game in last secs vs Knicks in 1994. He didnt do jack in Houston or Portland. But he's the best small forward ever?
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

Originally Posted by The Game is a Foot

^
Dude, Barkley was a POWER FORWARD.

laugh.gif
. i know right?

people need to look up at least a few things before they post.

the way you follow me around you'd bump your head on my +%@ if i stopped suddenly...

1.- Larry Legend.

2.- PIP.

3.- Baylor

4.- Dr J.

5.- Nique.

Its funny people say PIP was not a good defender. hahahah go check the tapes and games. Dude was one of the top defenders in his time.

Lebron is good no doubt. The best right now??? NO stop it, he great, but not the best. We shall see from now to the rest of his career. He does deserved to bein the Top 10 OF ALL TIME I will give him that.

Originally Posted by JStar25

THE GR8

How you gonna say "Maybe not ahead of guys like Bird or Pip" then create a list and give Pip an Honorable Mention
roll.gif

Man you really hate the Bulls...
roll.gif
wink.gif

but nah for the real Bron > Pip. Bron got no squad behind him and Pip'd neverr seen the kinda stats that bron is putting up this young nor was he everthe best on his team (other than MJs retirement) nor MVP which Bron will be taking this year. Honestly when it comes to the 3 spot no player has ever dominatedas much as Bron did these past 2 years since Larry. Thats where it starts and ends. im stickin to my list.

Pip vs Pat (**NO MJ**)

yall get that...

pippen.jpg

but we'll take...
4f3151efaac816586f85909d6bffb7b8697b3b8.jpg

Pip=
ab0151e3a7cf1c522f3cfd9370f5ce0da400d32.jpg

roll.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

What did Pippen do without Jordan?
since you want to go there... what exactly did Jordan do without Pippen?

if i recall correctly Pippen got to the Eastern Conference Finals without Jordan

Jordan i believe got to the Eastern Conference Semi-Finals.

so...

Originally Posted by BrOwNiN187

^

laugh.gif
. i know right?

the way you follow me around you'd bump your head on my +%@ if i stopped suddenly...

laugh.gif
'follow' like you're important or something.

no it has nothing to do with frequently commenting on basketball related threads, it 'following' you. yup you hit that nail right on the head.

just like 'the barkley is a small forward' thing.
roll.gif

so is shaq by the way. and arvydas sabonis. steve nash nash is a small forward. earl boykins too.
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Some of you dudes sound like ESPN in here talking about Bron>Pip. Then saying "if he played with Jordan they would have been better" Stop it.I've seen people get rated off of potential but never to the extent Bron does. He has done absolutely nothing that makes him a top 5 SF ever. At the ratehe's going he will be but today...uh...no.

^

laugh.gif
. i know right?

laugh.gif

no it has nothing to do with frequently commenting on basketball related threads, it 'following' you. yup you hit that nail right on the head.

roll.gif

so is shaq by the way. and arvydas sabonis. steve nash nash is a small forward. earl boykins too.
roll.gif
laugh.gif

didnt you try to reason that urijah faber wasn't good and then compared him to a bunch of heavyweights? whats in that prairie water farm boy

^

laugh.gif
. i know right?

laugh.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif
laugh.gif

didnt you try to reason that urijah faber wasn't good and then compared him to a bunch of heavyweights?
no. you obviously didnt re read that convo before you brought it up.

Didnt you just say that Charles Barkley was a small forward?

Back
Top Bottom