NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Good trade for Phoenix really.

Jamison is solid, and with the 5th pick the Suns could draft Nash's heir apparent.

Amare is an upgrade over Jamison but not by much. Not on that team.
If you can get Amare to get into beast mode, sure it could do wonders for them. Jamison did everything for that team, and it's hard to replacehim, but they always needed a presence down low. Amare COULD do that, although it's really iffy if he will.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by BangDak

JA21: etan tomas is
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
, and not in a good way.
if dallas could trade josh howard instead of jet, that would be great. josh has an great effect on this team, but it'll be better off if the mavs just ship him away. songailia would be great, i honestly dont think the wizards management is that dumb. if anything. they're clogging th e wing with butler, jet/josh, and jamison.
theres no denying that the wizards want to trade butler/jamison(pref.) for some salary cap relief though.
Salary relief for good players like Butler/Jamison? The Mavericks got all the salary relief you could want and need!
laugh.gif

But I won't get into that, since I could go on-and-on about unrealistic trade scenarios that would send Butler and Jamison back for Dampier and Stackhouse
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

I don't mind Etan as a back-up since he expires after the upcoming year. Not sure how he ever got 7 million a year, but I guess if Dampier can get 10 million, anything can happen
laugh.gif
Agent 0+Caron+Antawn is pretty much the whole damn payroll.
stackhouse wasnt THAT bad a few years back when he got that contract. he just...fell off
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

haywood at the 5, stat at his natural position would be
eek.gif
eek.gif
sick.gif

the thing is, if the mavs are willingly to take jamisons contract, the wizards might just take back any player, as long as their contract is expiring.
i really cant wait til this draft/offseason. a lot of talent dump just for money issues. this can be a blessing for some, yet an nightmare for others.

Good job ESPN for spinning a non-committal to turning down a job. Anyway to talk up the Lakers huh? Rambis' agent was contacted and they did not want toconfirm (after putting all other interviewed candidates in limbo for one month). Honestly, it probably was the second choice, but at the same time Rambis'scamp was holding our coaching search hostage by not committing to the job.

I don't really see why the Wizards want to get rid of Jamison so bad other than his contract. The Mavericks have tons of options as far as contracts gothough, the thing that makes Stackhouse so interesting is that the returning team gets his full 7 million or so salary relief, but only has to pay somethinglike 2 million out of their pocket, some flawed rule that the team we trade them too can take advantage of. Nowitness or someone else could explain better thanI could.

Plus, Dampier's fat contract, not to mention Josh Howard.

Originally Posted by parada45

Here In DC the radio is saying this might go down

Jamison and Wizards 5th Pick

for

Amare Stoudemire
Wouldn't it have to be more than Jamison? Or would the 5th picks contract cover the remaining balance?

Nash
Jason
Hill
Jamison
Shaq

And then add a Harden/Hill to that? Very very interesting.
Very interesting indeed.

I say if Amare's going to leave anyway, do it Kerr!

The Suns team management is so screwed up now anyway, it probably doesn't matter.

Say what you will about Shaq, Hill or Nash, but Jamison is a consistent 20/10 guy, he has NEVER shown anything otherwise.

I love Jamison but we are not winning a Championship with our current big 3

We couldn't beat LBJ by himself

Amare is a Big man and can check players in the east like Garnett/ D12

The Wiz are trying to move Jamison/Butler and it sounds like they are leaning towards Jamison

The Wiz are trying to move Jamison/Butler and it sounds like they are leaning towards Jamison

But not both right?

Trading those two, either of them is not the answer IMO. They are two GREAT pieces to what could be a future. What they need is someone to lead that team, andGilbert has been to injury ridden to do anything about that.

I honestly think if Arenas can get back into his MVP shape he was in a few years ago, this team could be DANGEROUS.

I'd give them one more year. If they don't make any kind of noise, or if Gil is injured again, blow it up.

The vibe coming from DC when Gil was healthy and they were fighting in the playoffs was NUTS, made me envious of their chemistry.

You also got to look at that trade if they keep Shaq.

With Jamison, they just spread the floor even more with Nash, Richardson, and Barnes being able to shoot the three.

When Shaq gets the ball in the middle, they will have deep threats all over With Barbosa and Hill off the Bench with the three ball.

I have always been a fan of Jamison and felt that he is always over looked because he isn't flashy. He is a old school Power Forward.

If the Mavs are serious about going for that pick, and they're going to include Howard or Terry, they need to bring another perimeter player back inreturn... Let's say the primary pieces are Etan Thomas and Howard... I'd be cool with DeShawn Stevenson. I'd be even better with Nick Young, Ithink... And I'd be even happier if they could expand the deal and bring back another scorer like Antawn Jameson or Caron Butler, though I see no reasonfor the Wizards to trade Butler...

Just don't know that trading away Howard or Terry does this team much good, being that they struggle enough scoring the basketball as it is...

Originally Posted by VC3FAN

With Jamison, they just spread the floor even more with Nash, Richardson, and Barnes being able to shoot the three.

When Shaq gets the ball in the middle, they will have deep threats all over With Barbosa and Hill off the Bench with the three ball.

I have always been a fan of Jamison and felt that he is always over looked because he isn't flashy. He is a old school Power Forward.
Definitely, Jamison is probably the best player in the League who just is old-fashioned.

When he was in Dallas he was called a phantom player, someone who got tons of points, rebounds and stuff but you wouldn't even realize it because he madeit look so simple.

I'd love him back in Dallas, but only for the right price.

so the mavs want the 5th pick to take hill? that means dirk is been traded for playing SF cause hill is NOT a center. or they want someone else and justthrowing hills name out there. i hope its the 2nd part

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

If the Mavs are serious about going for that pick, and they're going to include Howard or Terry, they need to bring another perimeter player back in return... Let's say the primary pieces are Etan Thomas and Howard... I'd be cool with DeShawn Stevenson. I'd be even better with Nick Young, I think... And I'd be even happier if they could expand the deal and bring back another scorer like Antawn Jameson or Caron Butler, though I see no reason for the Wizards to trade Butler...

Just don't know that trading away Howard or Terry does this team much good, being that they struggle enough scoring the basketball as it is...
That's the thing with this trade scenario, if we are getting Etan Thomas, the only way contracts to match up is if we get someone LIKE NickYoung, DeShawn, or a combination of Nick Young and someone like McGee or Blatche.

Since the Wizards are so willing to part with Jamison, I'd give them the cap relief they want, give them Stackhouse and Howard, but ask for Jamison andwhoever else it takes along with the fifth pick to get this done.

Hill, Harden, hell maybe Rubio or Thabeet fall if the cards play out right, there's tons of options for the Mavericks @ 5.

Hill will take the place of Brandon Bass most likely.

Bass will be offered by someone money on a scale of Mikki Moore/Brian Scalabrine status, Is Bass really worth that? That is a question that needs to beanswered.

If you can get someone who has more size and most likely can develop into the same player at a rookie contract, you make the trade. Especially if They reallywant to get rid of Howard.

I just think Dallas would try to make that deal if Rubio is still on the board and then they re-sign Kidd to be a tutor/Starter for a year or two and thenRubio takes the reign.

But I do not think he will be there.

Hill will take the place of Brandon Bass most likely.

Bass will be offered by someone money on a scale of Mikki Moore/Brian Scalabrine status, Is Bass really worth that? That is a question that needs to be answered.

If you can get someone who has more size and most likely can develop into the same player at a rookie contract, you make the trade. Especially if They really want to get rid of Howard.

I just think Dallas would try to make that deal if Rubio is still on the board and then they re-sign Kidd to be a tutor/Starter for a year or two and then Rubio takes the reign.

But I do not think he will be there.
I'm almost willing to guarantee that Bass will be in a Mavs uniform next year. The thing with him is I've wanted him to play SF more,which I think he's capable of doing, since he can guard some three's, and he'll be a mismatch on the other end.

Regardless, we need a shake-up.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Doubt it's Hill.

Mavs probably targetting an athletic 2.

Or a PG for the future.
The thing I love about this deal is it still free's us up for our 22nd pick, hopefully Sam Young or Terrence Williams (keep my fingerscrossed).

The Wizards would be fools to let go of Butler, I don't see it happening.

I haven't read any recent news lately but as much as I want Jamison gone, that is Pollin's right hand man..whether hes traded or not your going to get20/10 like said. A great player, but not suited for our team anymore with a need for defense.

I just want Etan and DeShawn off the squad, really.

What really hurt Etan was his heart condition and the fights with Brendan.

Etan has been a serviceable big man but I do agree that the wiz are better With Haywood in the Middle.

Look, I have said some things about players before too.

I hate Jason Collins. But last year, The Nets had very little interior Defense and toughness. Collins gave them that. As much as it was 5 on 4 when we were onOffense, that guy gave us defense and grit.

Even though Etan's time to leave is now, think about how you can replace his play on the floor. Mcgee is still learning and with Etan next to him off thebench, that could really help him and he still is somewhat of an energy guy.

He goes nuts when he gets fouled and scores, when he takes a charge. Those guys are hard to replace.

Jarrett Jack thanks and feelings "indebted," to Pacers organization, wants tostay.

Jarrett Jack has made it known that he would prefer to return to the Pacers next season.
Jack will officially become a restricted free agent on July 1, and expressed his loyalty to Indiana in a recent interview on the Dan Dakich Show.

"I would like to [be back with the Pacers]. I feel like I owe the Pacers something," the point guard said. "They gave me the opportunity toplay, gave me the opportunity to go out there and showcase my ability. I feel really indebted to them for that."

Via Examiner

Thunder looking for someone other than Rubio/Thabeet?

Thunder general manager Sam Presti isn't revealing who he's targeting with the third pick, but he could pass on the popular options.
There has been speculation that Oklahoma City could pass on Ricky Rubio and Hasheem Thabeet in favor of either James Harden or DeMar DeRozan.

Jordan Hill's draft stock falling

If the Warriors don't use the seventh overall pick on Jordan Hill, experts believe that he may fall to the lower half of the lottery.
Hill has been slipping down draft boards lately, and the Oklahoman is the latest outlet to report a slide.

Via Oklahoman

Miami could use 23 million dollar O'Neal contract as trade bait.

Even if he's not playing for the Heat, Jermaine O'Neal could greatly help the club next season.

O'Neal's contract will expire at the end of the 2009-10 season, and it could be used as a trade chip.

He exercised the option on his contract, which is worth $23 million, for next season on Tuesday.

Michael Wallace of the Miami Herald mentioned that the Heat could attempt to use O'Neal in a deal for a big man like Amare Stoudemire.

Via Miami Herald

Ariza's salary may triple.

Trevor Ariza has played well for the Lakers during their run to the NBA Finals and will hit the free agent market this summer.
Ariza earned $2.9 million this season, and many expect him to earn a long-term deal.

Frank Zicarelli of the Toronto Sun writes that at the very least a team will likely offer Ariza a deal worth the mid-level exception.

He added, "there's also a school of thought that believes Ariza may be able to triple and perhaps even quadruple his salary in a long-termdeal."

Via Toronto Sun

That's all for your evening news kiddies.

Definitely, Jamison is probably the best player in the League who just is old-fashioned.
Tim Duncan?
wizards.. the heat will give you guys.... blount, quinn, and diawara... for butler.... those 3 guys are not under contract for 2010
laugh.gif

But not both right?

Trading those two, either of them is not the answer IMO. They are two GREAT pieces to what could be a future. What they need is someone to lead that team, and Gilbert has been to injury ridden to do anything about that.

I honestly think if Arenas can get back into his MVP shape he was in a few years ago, this team could be DANGEROUS.

I'd give them one more year. If they don't make any kind of noise, or if Gil is injured again, blow it up.

The vibe coming from DC when Gil was healthy and they were fighting in the playoffs was NUTS, made me envious of their chemistry.

as a wizards fan it hurts me to see these injuries occur, but that's the NBA for you right? i'll give them 1 more year to stick together and be healthyaltogether as a squad. we can do it foreal...

Back
Top Bottom