NDC mass banning accounts/IPs

happy.gif

It's all a matter of Nike going after some of these ATC companies. Should scare enough of the others off.
The funny thing is with google cache; even if you deleted your tweets, your accounts, whatever.

Google cache stores it all.

It would be very easy to see who is doing what on FB, twitter, all social media.

The other fact is these idiots love to take pictures of all their pairs to stunt and then add "taking offers" on the bottom of the pics.

Very,very easy for Nike to do some legal damage.

It clearly says on their site:

2.3     Our right to not accept your order or cancel your purchase:

* we have reason to believe that you are a reseller

Jawny On The Spot • 5 days ago

Nike needs to restrict online "countdown" type releases to only "registered" users. A new type of "Registration" would require the following to be maintained by Nike.

1.) ONE Permanent IP addresses/WiFi Source per user ONLY.
There are ways to even detect a person by DEVICE and IP ADDRESS if it really needs to be locked down.
2.) A limit of THREE registered users/devices per IP.
3.) ONE PHYSICAL DELIVERY ADDRESS per user.
4.) Limit of ONE registered credit/debit card. (if you don't keep track of your credit line, or what is in your bank account...you shouldn't be purchasing sneakers) Still allow gift cards.

The limit of devices/users per IP address should be limited to 3. That would cover 3 individuals (any combination of adults/child) in one home using 3 different devices under the same IP to purchase a release.

Now...I know people will say... I can't use my phone on a mobile network? What if I'm at work? What if there are multiple people at work using the same IP?

here is the KEY PART.

Every one of these releases should be held TWICE (half stock run each size) each release day. Make one 10:00AM EST, and one 10:00PM EST. Remember...if you ordered a pair at your registered home IP address at 10:00AM, it will lock you out if you try again (error message) the same day. Unless you work 12 hours shifts...there is no excuse not to be at your registered IP Address/Device. 2 separate release times is quite reasonable. If you want to go to a friends house and use their IP address to score a second pair...go ahead. You will have to use a second registration, payment method, mailing address...and probably a second bot too...and of course, they will be delivered to that second physical address. And keep in mind...none of those could have been used earlier in the day or that will get flagged too. If you go to that trouble for a second pair...you deserve the second pair.

This will still allow bots (which can never be eliminated), but they will be limited to "one pair per release" bot users. It will eliminate those who are trying to be their own distributor and carting 50 pairs, using 50 proxies, 50 Gift Cards, 50 Debit/Credit Cards of ATC Purchasers...etc.

SNKRS started to cover some of this. Now it's time to add some "Teeth" to the SNKRS concept, and accomplish the rest of what it up there in another process.
Oh...and of course, you can change your IP address or delivery address (if you move or change internet providers). But it must clear a 8 day IP/registration change window before you can use your registration to purchase again.
I saw this on SBD in the comment section I thought this was a pretty well thought out idea that could possibly put an end to bots

So the new CIO could possibly be the reason why NDC has put A hold on last 2 releases of retros and awready tomorrow's release. Or you think NDC MIGHT JUST start releasing these stocks randomly as like it was A Restock. So buyers would have too pick quick of what they want.

I'm gonna hit up my friend that is A speed agility trainer on Nike HQ campus see if he knows or will tel me anything. I'll let you all know once he gets back to me.

I feel like the restock type of release would be even worse because the real hackers in this reseller game are able to see when Nike puts the sizes on the servers and that's when they know to get their bots up and running.  

Last edited:
I believe it is illegal for them to store your CC info in order to ban you. They would need a DB of people's cards which is NOT COOL.
Nike doesn't keep your credit card info to ban you; they ban your billing address. I got my personal account banned a couple years ago during the Fear Pack release and a couple months ago I created a new account because I heard stories of people being unbanned. I could log in and get the product in cart but when I would attempt to check out it would give me an error. Called Nike customer support and got an email from Duy (aka Meg #2) that stated they could not allow orders using my address as the mailing address or billing address due to "previous unauthorized charges." I called back and asked them what kind of unauthorized charges and they told me it was actually unauthorized access to the site and my ban is indefinite.

Last edited:
I don't use bots, never have and never will. Until last year, I struck out on every single Jordan retro release that I have ever tried to purchase online. In addition, I live in a "rural" coded market so we only get about 30% of the general releases at the very most. And most of those are not full size runes. There are only two stores in our city that get retro releases from Jordan. One of those stores averages five pairs per release, generally between size 10 and 12. I rely on the internet to try to purchase any limited or hyped release. I have the SNKRS app and had it before the "general" release and it worked perfectly for me. I got everything I tried for every time. I'm hoping that they continue the work with SNKRS and use even basic passface tech to slowdown bots. I don't know much about how bots can bypass that, but it should at least cause a bit of a wrinkle while they play Where In The World Is The Guy Who Runs Padded Room.

As for your info, I do a little marketing work and one of the people I work with can get me all of your information for any campaign that I am targeting. You get credit card mailers? They are buying your information. They get your name, your age, your credit score. They know who they are dealing with. And it comes it a small fee. Don't think that Nike can't pull the same information. It is completely legal, even standard practice. You can check the fine print, if you've ever signed up for an account with Nike, Footlocker (which would trickle down to their entire family of affiliated shoe retailers), or Finishline, there is definitely a very easy way to track you. Signing up for an account means you've given them your e-mail, a billing address, a shipping address, your name, date of birth and given them a head start on your purchase habits and all of this is in addition to your method of payment. They don't need your full card number. Cards run in batches, if you run through particular financial institutions, a big chunk of your card numbers are the same with only slight variations. But, that is beside the point I am trying to make. Nike can buy your information and build an entire profile of you and all the rest of us who want to throw our money at them in exchange for sneakers.

I support all of you trying to purchase your shoes, but what you think is okay and what is actually available to an international juggernaut like Nike is fantastically different.

All of that said, I don't believe that Nike cares if I get my Jordan 1s. I don't think they really care to ban all of the bots. I don't think that they care to let me continue my amazing, hassle-free experience on SNKRS. They care to keep making money and they choose to have a complete lack of transparency. It's practically insane. They have no accountability for the product they produce and they are guaranteed a maximum projected sale with each release. It's good to be Nike.

Good luck to everyone on getting your pair when they do drop, my wife and I would each like a pair and I am very hopeful that we will get through. Not just now, but in the future as well.

Goodnight!

There is someone in a local sneaker group who has been ip banned multiple times, "address banned" and everything and still gets 60 shoes every release. He shows pics of the UPS man coming in with boxes and boxes of each release so tech savvy people will always find a way.

Yeah, always a way around. Meg and company can't stop everyone. I haven't bought a super bot for NDC yet, but i'd be lying if I said i wasn't tempted a lot of times from striking out.

Last edited:
Yeah, always a way around. Meg and company can't stop everyone. I haven't bought a super bot for NDC yet, but i'd be lying if I said i wasn't tempted a lot of times from striking out.
I purchased a "super" bot from one of the bigger companies. I will be honest i almost never fail since I purchased it, the only exceptions were the chi 1 release which there was an issue with my ip and the pinnacles which just sold out in my size to fast. Granted this is from NDC eu, I didn't use it on ndc usso I can't speak on the success rate their. Also I only used it for a single shoe as opposed to buying multiple pairs of the same shoe. I just need my pair haha. 

I heard that! I'm just getting back into the shoe game after a 7 year layoff...feel like I need another degree just to cop some jays online!
So I'm not the only one... Good! Was heavy into the shoe game during my HS and UCLA days. Graduated, went on to work a firm career (still there), but now that I'm in my 30s, I find that it's still a passion of mine, and often feel like I need to go back to UCLA and get a degree in the art of copping Js in the millennial era LOL 

Last edited:
So I'm not the only one... Good! Was heavy into the shoe game during my HS and UCLA days. Graduated, went on to work a firm career (still there), but now that I'm in my 30s, I find that it's still a passion of mine, and often feel like I need to go back to UCLA and get a degree in the art of copping Js in the millennial era LOL 

Without question!

I purchased a "super" bot from one of the bigger companies. I will be honest i almost never fail since I purchased it, the only exceptions were the chi 1 release which there was an issue with my ip and the pinnacles which just sold out in my size to fast. Granted this is from NDC eu, I didn't use it on ndc usso I can't speak on the success rate their. Also I only used it for a single shoe as opposed to buying multiple pairs of the same shoe. I just need my pair haha. 

You wear a 7y haha? FOH.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom