new beyonce album dec.13.2013

...and as far as the videos, they aren't low budget.  I'm surprised with how high quality the visuals are.  In all seriousness, she might be the baddest chick I've ever seen in my life though.  And she talkin that ish on this album.  Lord Jesus 
laugh.gif

600,000 and no physical copies available

This can't be true :lol:

-Her last album did a little over 300K first week.
-Most of the big releases Eminem, Taylor Swift and Drake only sell 100K-170K digitally that first week.
-600K with no promotion or hype at all?

I follow sales and 600K digital doesn't add up. Either these "numbers" are trying to generate hype or these numbers have been tampered. I don't think an artist has ever sold more than 250K albums digitally in a year

-Most of the big releases Eminem, Taylor Swift and Drake only sell 100K-170K digitally that first week.

I follow sales and 600K digital doesn't add up. Either these "numbers" are trying to generate hype or these numbers have been tampered. I don't think an artist has ever sold more than 250K albums digitally in a year

http://www.billboard.com/biz/articl...bound-for-no-1-on-billboard-200-sales-surpass

^ if this is true, the new promotion is no promotion and surprise attack?

It's weird to me that her biggest first week sales will come from an iTunes only release, with zero singles, videos or radio air.

I still don't believe the numbers but looks like all big name artists will start doing this or variations of this.

Last edited:

Yo what is wrong with you? You don't have the answers -Ye voice, why you in denial?

Last edited:

Yo what is wrong with you? You don't have the answers -Ye voice, why you in denial?

No one has the answers. Like I said, I follow numbers. I've never seen anything like this and is why I'm skeptical. She's gonna sell and go platinum regardless so it doesn't matter to me. I'm just stunned

I just realized Beyonce basically released this album the way "The Black Album" was originally supposed to be released....

No one has the answers. Like I said, I follow numbers. I've never seen anything like this and is why I'm skeptical. She's gonna sell and go platinum regardless so it doesn't matter to me. I'm just stunned

She's on the level where she created a true pop culture moment - beyond music. The hype had everyone interested even if they weren't necessarily fans of Beyonce (aside from the fact that her fanbase is already massive). Giving fans only one outlet to purchase and no free streaming also "forces" more to actually buy the album - in my opinion at least.

^I think that's definitely it. Dropping an album the way she did, y'all realize how many people were near a phone or laptop and had a seizure hitting purchase on iTunes :lol: ? You'll basically buy it, and not realize you bought it til afterwards

It's been awhile since her last album dropped.

A full album outta nowhere, and word of mouth/social media got everybody's attention.

Having all those videos helped too.

The numbers add up. No marketing was the marketing. Give people no choice, or alternative avenue to initially hear your music and there u have it= viral sales. There was no other way to be in the loop but to buy her album. Remarkable there was no leaks whatsoever other than knowing she was shooting videos. The only other artist huge enough to replicate this formula would be Lady Gaga and Taylor Swift and maybe Adele. These sales are what sales would look like if everybody actually had to buy **** lol

This really puts piracy into perspective. You can't stop it...but if u can hold it off initially until the flood gates open up...I think we'd see numbers like this more often...if you're a huge artist/genre

Last edited:

She's on the level where she created a true pop culture moment - beyond music. The hype had everyone interested even if they weren't necessarily fans of Beyonce (aside from the fact that her fanbase is already massive). Giving fans only one outlet to purchase and no free streaming also "forces" more to actually buy the album - in my opinion at least.

^I think that's definitely it. Dropping an album the way she did, y'all realize how many people were near a phone or laptop and had a seizure hitting purchase on iTunes :lol: ? You'll basically buy it, and not realize you bought it til afterwards

All of this. It's all about the release and how no BIG artist has really done this before.

I feel like if she had marketed this normally, it wouldn't have done as well. Even if the singles were really good.

I like that she took more risks on this album, I never really connected emotionally with her work like that because it always seemed a little contrived because she had to maintain her image. She saying some wild **** on this though I **** with it.

Beat on Rocket got me like

timbo4.gif

Timbo The God baby, **** got them D'Angelo Voodoo drums.

Unfortunately the Frank Ocean track sucks, I was looking forward to that, they 0 for 2

Whoever the **** "Boots" is, is ******g eating though, he's damn near credited on every song and I never heard of him before.

jay went through all those hoops to fake claim 1million downloads and beyonce actually did it. J**** aint took a L since he stabbed un on my soul.

My wife is a huge Beyonce stan (so much so that she purchased the album on both her itunes acct and mine, :smh: ) but she told me a few months ago about Beyonce and Jay Z shooting on a beach while on vaca, with a bunch of people around, and they told the the people if they promised not to snap pics or record anything that afterward they would stay on the beach and chill with em.. this came to my memory when i saw the vid for "Drunk Love".. STILL shocked no one snapped a pic, it was only shared on somebody's twitter back then.. Her fans are something else though she is running the Game :smokin :smokin :smokin

The numbers add up. No marketing was the marketing. Give people no choice, or alternative avenue to initially hear your music and there u have it= viral sales. There was no other way to be in the loop but to buy her album. Remarkable there was no leaks whatsoever other than knowing she was shooting videos. The only other artist huge enough to replicate this formula would be Lady Gaga and Taylor Swift and maybe Adele. These sales are what sales would look like if everybody actually had to buy **** lol

This really puts piracy into perspective. You can't stop it...but if u can hold it off initially until the flood gates open up...I think we'd see numbers like this more often...if you're a huge artist/genre
hard to leak if the CDs weren't pressed yet.....

My friend just told me she's in one of the videos from a Houston skating rink. Haven't watched any of the videos yet.
She said at the video shoot, if you had a phone you were automatically kicked out.
But 820k in 4 days? :x
Rhianna who?

Back
Top Bottom