Next Gen Xbox Reveal Confirmed for May 21

That's a good joke.

Weren't you one of the guys championing the "gameplay is king" mentality shortly after the reveals?

Why are you citing superfluous reasons for the PS4's superiority?

Do you need Netflix to play games?

For those not purchasing the One on launch day - end of 2013, will you buy new games for current gen? Or wait until you get a new console?

GTA and Madden for me. I'll wait until reviews come out before I pick a system.

I laugh when people bring up Netflix being behind a pay wall. Like that matters to me at all. I have a bluray player that has a Netflix hookup as well as my computer. So I assume for most folks that argument is useless

That's a good joke.
Weren't you one of the guys championing the "gameplay is king" mentality shortly after the reveals?

Why are you citing superfluous reasons for the PS4's superiority?

Do you need Netflix to play games?
Gameplay is a big part of why x-console's user experience is better than y-console's user experience.

But it's nonsensical to say that the ps4 is better than the xb1 because of the games when the games haven't even been released.

That's not a superfluous reason.

I use a 360. After I sold my ps3 in 08, I couldn't care less about what the ps3 had to offer.

So after wasting money on xbl, m$ points, etc, only to now know that the ps3 experience is just as good ad the 360 experience or better, depending on preference.

You already know the answer to that question.

The fact that sony is allowing me to some little things without having to pay for their online sub makes their console experience seem better than m$'s supposed console experience.

I didn't realize how stupid some of m$'s current policies were until e3.

Paying to watch...youtube, access my netflix, send messages, and the list goes on.

I laugh when people bring up Netflix being behind a pay wall. Like that matters to me at all. I have a bluray player that has a Netflix hookup as well as my computer. So I assume for most folks that argument is useless
You're not saying much here except that you'll keep m$'s shaders on.

Gameplay is a big part of why x-console's user experience is better than y-console's user experience.
But it's nonsensical to say that the ps4 is better than the xb1 because of the games when the games haven't even been released.

So why do you keep inferring that the PS4 will be better based on 3rd party apps being behind a paywall? How is that relevant to the capabilities of the One as a gaming console?

That's not a superfluous reason.
I use a 360. After I sold my ps3 in 08, I couldn't care less about what the ps3 had to offer.
So after wasting money on xbl, m$ points, etc, only to now know that the ps3 experience is just as good ad the 360 experience or better, depending on preference.

So you think paying for XBL and using MS points is a waste? Do you realize that you're going to need to "waste" your money to take your PS4 online and download games?

The fact that sony is allowing me to some little things without having to pay for their online sub makes their console experience seem better than m$'s supposed console experience.

That's the way it's been for the entirety of this current generation and the 360 was STILL the better console. $ony* had to play catch-up for years just to have an online experience that was almost as good.

*see how silly that makes me look?

Funny how people are only talking about the features and services when comparing the two.

Power for me is the most important. Services and OS features are nice especially the ones that integrates with the games. However, I put way more hours into games than using apps or other services.

We're going to have these consoles for the next 5 - 7 years so the one with the most horse power ( and good games to use that power otherwise it's moot) gets a nod from me. We will get to that point where games are been strained at the end of the gen like they are now and the hardware with more power is poised to cope better with that. Also, better hardware gives the opportunity for innovation in games and games like Final Fantasy XV show what happens with better hardware.

Dawg....

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Son shoved the iPhone out of the way with the slight jab cameo/ether combo

...but 47 million people do.

True, but saying "everyone who uses Xbox has come to terms with Gold" is factually incorrect. Obviously the sub numbers will go up with the One but as it stands right now MS is alienating 40% of their user base from some of their most touted features.

Speaking from personal experience,

Throughout my 360's life, I've created like 6 accounts. For guests, to take advantage of the month of Free Gold, trolling accounts, etc.

Out of 6 of these accounts only 1 has an active Gold membership (my main GT).

I have lots of friends that create dummy accounts and abandon them once they downgrade to Silver.

Abandoning a silver account is super easy and extremely common. No one in their right mind would spend money on a Gold membership and abandon it, unless they encounter other non-related issues (internet cut-off, they broke their Xbox, things of that sort).

So the argument of "X-million users do not have Gold" is seriously flawed.

I'm pretty sure it's just 47 million Xbox Live subscribers.

This is from a year old article
http://kotaku.com/5939245/gold-vs-plus-how-sony-is-making-a-mockery-of-xbox-live

Point proven. Not even half of 360 owners have Gold then.

Point not proven.

Out of those 47 million, 15 million probably have more than one xbox and only need one usage of Xbox live.

Number is a lot shorter realistically.

Lets say a family has 3 xbox's and one gamertag, numbers skewed.

but also the number fluctuates. in my case, some months I pay for gold, other months I dont feel like playing many games so I cancel it. Then I get back on etc. The only time I have a constant subscription is when I buy a card on sale

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom