NIKE AIR MAG 2015

I originally saw that email from Halloween Costumes as well. Here's my thoughts...

I own a pair from the original auctions, won on the first day when prices were quite high |I but I love my pair and have worn them out plenty of times. And I am neither rich or a celebrity, nor did it kill my credit card. Was able to run these through the PT business as a donation for the tax write off.

As for the supposed "upcoming" release...I agree with a few statements earlier in this thread...the manner in which Tinker said "yes' is slightly suspect. But I can also confirm that I received these following emails from Nike upon winning and receiving my pair...

"The waiting is over. Your well-deserved 2011 Nike MAG shoes are on their way.

And, as with any good pair of world-famous, incredibly limited and highly coveted shoes, your 2011 Nike MAG shoes should be registered and authenticated.

The following is a code unique to your pair. Use it to authenticate your shoes and formally state your membership in an exceptionally small community.

Welcome to Hill Valley, population 1510.

Congratulations, and thank you again for your support.

Until 2015,
Nike"

After registering on the site, you received a confirmation prompt which read:

"NAME,
Your new 2011 Nike MAG shoes are now officially authenticated. Thank you for your support. You'll be hearing from us as 2015 approaches. We'll see you in the future"

So I'm guessing that if this new power lacing pair is an actuality, that all the previous owners (ie: those who REGISTERED their pair) will receive some type of consideration first. But I may be wrong.

Now for those of you thinking that resell currently is not high...think again. Below is a small excerpt from a Sole Collector article from Sept 8, 2014 entitled "Has the Nike Mag Held Its Value?"

Original auction averages: approximately $3800
Current eBay average selling price: $8,100
Most recent to sell as an auction: $8,200
Current high BIN: 11,000
Current low BIN: $7,500
Number of pairs currently available on eBay: 8
Average price of pairs currently listed: $8,025

So not only have pairs held value, they have increased and at only 8 pairs on at a time, they are getting scarce. Of course this could all change as an actual release is confirmed...

If you have no desire to spend crazy money on the 2011 or a possible 2015 pair...then I guess the Halloween kicks are a fine substitute. But I'm not into them at all, and while I hold no qualms with anyone who purchases, don't expect many on here to NOT have something to say about them...

My pair

View media item 1248234

Those look nice for me to poop on!

View media item 1248986
All kidding aside I wouldn't mind getting the Costume version at $99. Let's be honest the chances of getting the 2015 auto-lace version are slim to none.

Last edited:
man this whole costume shoe thing is so corny to me 
laugh.gif

Just got mine! Size 9. ships late December. Awaiting my order confirmation

Still waiting for my first pair from the oversold ones which is suppose to ship out November 10-14.

Last edited:
I REALLY HOPE THEY MAKE AN AUTO LACE VERSION AND A NON AUTO LACE VERSION THAT IS LESS LIMITED...I JUST WANT ONE FRIGGIN PAIR AND WOULD LOVE TO NOT HAVE TO SLEEP IN STREETS FOR WEEKS OR PAY THOUSANDS... COME ON

If they're going to make them very limited, they really should do what they did with the first go round and auction them off, with a chunk (or all) of the proceeds going to charity. If they're a broader release, will be interesting to see where they price them.

I REALLY HOPE THEY MAKE AN AUTO LACE VERSION AND A NON AUTO LACE VERSION THAT IS LESS LIMITED...I JUST WANT ONE FRIGGIN PAIR AND WOULD LOVE TO NOT HAVE TO SLEEP IN STREETS FOR WEEKS OR PAY THOUSANDS... COME ON
I'm somewhat partial on this..while it'd be cool for the general consumer i think this should be the start of a revolution for standard power laces 

^ That's adorable 
laugh.gif
 might buy 2 pairs for my dog lol jk.

Any news on these? (air mags lol)

Last edited:
i want a pair just for decoration lol even though my daughter could sport em for a few more weeks

Prob with the new edition Mags (if I can cop) I'll wear em once or twice but put em up for decoration the majority of the time

Back
Top Bottom