NIKE AIR MAG 2015

Just saw a vid on my Facebook of this kid who wore his to school. Looks like people didn't know about the replicas but if they did they weren't intending to wear them outside of Halloween

Just saw a vid on my Facebook of this kid who wore his to school. Looks like people didn't know about the replicas but if they did they weren't intending to wear them outside of Halloween

Now see, that's just asking for it haha.

Peace,
J

This. I'm addicted to the swoosh.
it's not even about that, i'm sure the nike version was built much better too.

lights on the authentics were movie accurate, shape was more movie accurate, midsole was more accurate, and on top of that the nike check and heel just complete the shoe.

So there are the OGs, the officially licensed not Nike ones and I'm seeing a "Custom Nike MAG". What is the "Custom Nike MAG" all about? I assume it's just a knock off. They go for considerably less but look good enough and have the Nike check and all working lights.

So there are the OGs, the officially licensed not Nike ones and I'm seeing a "Custom Nike MAG". What is the "Custom Nike MAG" all about? I assume it's just a knock off. They go for considerably less but look good enough and have the Nike check and all working lights.
replicas with modification

Those "customs" are essentially homemade versions. They've been around for years amongst the BTTF collector crowd. Obviously they aren't licensed by anybody, but the BTTF folks are sticklers for accuracy. There are about 4-5 generations of these "custom" Mags, each new one getting a little closer to being perfect.

Peace,
J

Last edited:
^ Yeah and one can be yours if you make a $10,000 pledge to their KickStarter campaign. That Hendo board hardly gets off the ground and has all kinds of fine print, such as "can only work on a metal surface. Looks like the waiting for a legitimate one continues...

^ Yeah and one can be yours if you make a $10,000 pledge to their KickStarter campaign. That Hendo board hardly gets off the ground and has all kinds of fine print, such as "can only work on a metal surface. Looks like the waiting for a legitimate one continues...
It's still impressive though, feels like the future IS here.

Let's wait for a few years for them to develop

What if they make a doernbecher mag 
eek.gif

The way I see it.. the Nike Mags were an actual sneaker-take on the movie shoes, this one right here is a costume and not more. 

To have them as a costume and decoration for your home is one thing, to wear them any day exept Halloween is foolish though. 

These are easily my favorite shoes that I wouldn't feel right wearing. I have always loved Back to the Future and of course Nike, but I know retail is gonna be nuts on the auto-lacing ones when those finally come, and they'll be gone instantly still.

Anybody else rockin their replicas tonight? Got mine on now, and they're surprisingly comfy.

Peace,
J

I would consider buying the replicas. Because let's face it, probably won't be able to get the self lacing version if it's not a GR next year.

Last edited:
Well, they certainly served their purpose last night. Crowd I was with knew exactly what they were supposed to be. Many were curious about the back story, knew about the charity pairs, and thought it was cool to see a more affordable version.

The charge lasted the full 4 hours, BTW. And they stayed bright as can be the whole time.

Peace,
J

Nice! Did you wear a McFly outfit with them?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom