NIKE AIR MAG 2015

looks like the hat Marty wears in BTTF 2 with the stitching on the inside of the sweat band

Even if the Mags release 99% of us won't be able to get them, I don't see why Nike constantly gives us false hopes.

View media item 1736661Dino always seems to have good info so I'm just going off that

I'll ask this question though...since a lot of people have asked me various times "why are you so sure the MAG isn't coming out?" Fair question..BUT at the same time there is plenty of evidence from Tinker, Nike, the 2011 release, and even some of my own sources/connects to suggest and point to the fact that there is no 2015 release.

So I ask...what makes you or anyone else in this thread so sure that they ARE coming out? Any guessing from Tinker can be disproved with the actual words he spoke, not extrapolating what people want to hear. Not a single blog post has ever had a credible release date or confirmation of anything. It has ALL been pure conjecture. Everyone assumes the Oct 21 date for obvious reasons. But now...all you get is a 1/4 pic of a hat with the Oct 21, 2015 date...and MAGICALLY...MAGS ARE HAPPENING MARK YOUR CALENDARS!!! How do you make that jump? There's just no correlation to point to MAGS. Ya'll want it to happen so bad I guess. It's 99% a BTTF themed hat or something of the like.

I mean it would be great if they were to drop in the original intended form, but I'm just being realistic.

Last edited:
Even if the Mags release 99% of us won't be able to get them, I don't see why Nike constantly gives us false hopes.

Nike hasn't been giving us false hopes on this. Everyone in this thread who jumps to conclusions posting old 2011 pics that others post up with Oct 21, 2015 are the false hope givers. Nothing remotely close has come from Nike. Say what you want about Tinker but his words have always been calculated and if you take them at face value they have no relation to the MAG other than the time he said "these shoes will not be released again."

I have been unable to find any direct product info. All details should come at the unveiling. My guess is similar to Pepsi Max or Pepsi One.

not exactly info about the specific product in the bottle,but info nonetheless:

http://comicbook.com/2015/10/05/pepsi-releasing-pepsi-perfect-in-honor-of-back-to-the-future-ii/
It's 2015. The Cubs are in the playoffs and could actually be World Series contenders. There are shoes that tie themselves, wall-mounted widescreen TVs, and 3D movies and sequels are all the rage. And now, you can get Pepsi Perfect, the Back to the Future II softdrink of choice.

Pepsi is releasing the "Future-istic" bottle and rebrand starting October 21, 2015, the day Marty arrives in the future in the film. The Pepsi Perfect bottle will be a limited edition, with only 6,500 made. It'll also be a bit more expensive than your average bottle of Pepsi, running $20.15 (get it?).

"Fans have always been a little bit crazy about it," Lou Arbetter PepsiCo's senior director of marketing told USA Today in an announcement. "We're fans of this popular trilogy, and just generally, if you work at Pepsi you're fans of pop culture. The brand has made its mark in pop culture frankly since Michael Jackson moonwalked. We've been dancing in and around pop culture for a while, so we took this as another opportunity to have a little bit of fun."

1,500 of the Pepsi Perfect bottles will be at New York Comic Con, and fans dressed as Marty McFly can get it for free. Queue your last second cosplaying.

additional info:
SYNCHRONIZE YOUR WATCHES TO OCTBER 21 FOR A CHANCE TO SCORE A PEPSI PERFECT

If our calculations are correct, Pepsi will make the future a reality on October 21, 2015 and unlock limited quantities of Pepsi Perfect, available for purchase online while supplies last. Fans located in the U.S. can get their hands on 1 of 6,500 Pepsi Perfect bottles, each outfitted in a special collectible case. The 16.9 oz. bottles will contain Pepsi Made with Real Sugar and will sell for $20.15.

Last edited:
not exactly info about the specific product in the bottle,but info nonetheless:

http://comicbook.com/2015/10/05/pepsi-releasing-pepsi-perfect-in-honor-of-back-to-the-future-ii/
It's 2015. The Cubs are in the playoffs and could actually be World Series contenders. There are shoes that tie themselves, wall-mounted widescreen TVs, and 3D movies and sequels are all the rage. And now, you can get Pepsi Perfect, the Back to the Future II softdrink of choice.

Pepsi is releasing the "Future-istic" bottle and rebrand starting October 21, 2015, the day Marty arrives in the future in the film. The Pepsi Perfect bottle will be a limited edition, with only 6,500 made. It'll also be a bit more expensive than your average bottle of Pepsi, running $20.15 (get it?).

"Fans have always been a little bit crazy about it," Lou Arbetter PepsiCo's senior director of marketing told USA Today in an announcement. "We're fans of this popular trilogy, and just generally, if you work at Pepsi you're fans of pop culture. The brand has made its mark in pop culture frankly since Michael Jackson moonwalked. We've been dancing in and around pop culture for a while, so we took this as another opportunity to have a little bit of fun."

1,500 of the Pepsi Perfect bottles will be at New York Comic Con, and fans dressed as Marty McFly can get it for free. Queue your last second cosplaying.

additional info:
SYNCHRONIZE YOUR WATCHES TO OCTBER 21 FOR A CHANCE TO SCORE A PEPSI PERFECT

If our calculations are correct, Pepsi will make the future a reality on October 21, 2015 and unlock limited quantities of Pepsi Perfect, available for purchase online while supplies last. Fans located in the U.S. can get their hands on 1 of 6,500 Pepsi Perfect bottles, each outfitted in a special collectible case. The 16.9 oz. bottles will contain Pepsi Made with Real Sugar and will sell for $20.15.
Repped bro! Thanks for the info!

Nike is gonna get in on this Oct 21 action. Just watch and see

Nike doesn't ride on anyone's coat tails...nothing is gonna happen. NOTHING is happening at the 30th anniversary bash in CA and that's been confirmed through Universal who is running that shindig.

Nike is gonna get in on this Oct 21 action. Just watch and see

Nike doesn't ride on anyone's coat tails...nothing is gonna happen. NOTHING is happening at the 30th anniversary bash in CA and that's been confirmed through Universal who is running that shindig.

we get it lol. 99.9999999% chance Nike will do nothing, but this is NT, where everyone loves to speculate. Deep down, we know nothing will happen but we love to cling on to that small piece of hope that these may drop. Repeatedly telling us "nothing will happen", just as Jediflyfe (sp?) did, is falling on deaf ears sir.

Not Nike related but, lamekilla lamekilla was the only one on NT preaching that Spiderman would end up with DIsney/Marvel. Everyone called him crazy for a long time, and rightfully so because it seemed impossible Sony would hand over the rights. And now here we are with Spidey set to appear in Civil War. So there's always a chance, even if its slim.

Until i hear something directly from Nike, i'm going to hold on to that little string of hope.

Last edited:
yancancook90 yancancook90

That last statement "from Nike" is KEY. Yeah...always a sliver of hope and Jedi and I can eat our words and wash it down with Pepsi Perfect. But since Nike blew out press in 2011, I would think some fanfare to accompany a release. So unless it comes from Nike...duck tales. Think we can agree in that.

I woulda backed lamekilla lamekilla on Spidey though...he was floundering with Sony/Columbia. But in contrast Nike isn't hurting to make money...but I understand your point.

@yancancook90

That last statement "from Nike" is KEY. Yeah...always a sliver of hope and Jedi and I can eat our words and wash it down with Pepsi Perfect. But since Nike blew out press in 2011, I would think some fanfare to accompany a release. So unless it comes from Nike...duck tales. Think we can agree in that.

I woulda backed @lamekilla on Spidey though...he was floundering with Sony/Columbia. But in contrast Nike isn't hurting to make money...but I understand your point.
No one is giving that Tinker quote from earlier this year any weight anymore? That seemed like a pretty big hint, when the designer says 'we will see power laces in 2015, but there are still over 11 months left'.

No one is giving that Tinker quote from earlier this year any weight anymore? That seemed like a pretty big hint, when the designer says 'we will see power laces in 2015, but there are still over 11 months left'.

Go back and read some of the thread bruh. That quote has been taken apart a hundred different ways. And while some hold out hope, there are plenty of heads in here who no longer give that statement any weight.

On a side note...anyone interested in the Pepsi Perfect release...I THINK that the 1500 at NYCC are in conjunction WITH the 6500 on Oct 21.

Last edited:
Go back and read some of the thread bruh. That quote has been taken apart a hundred different ways. And while some hold out hope, there are plenty of heads in here who no longer give that statement any weight.

On a side note...anyone interested in the Pepsi Perfect release...I THINK that the 1500 at NYCC are in conjunction WITH the 6500 on Oct 21.
Definitely not going back and reading through this thread haha

And yeah I read 6500 bottles total, 1500 of which will be at NYCC (which will be handed out for free to people in Marty McFly cosplay).

I wouldn't mind a bottle, but the price tag is a huge corporate middle finger.

But what about the Nike Mag power laces patent sheet from 2014? Was it a fake?

This was mentioned before...a patent ONLY means that Nike owns the "tech". There is no guarantee that a finished product is the end result of any patent. Nike is just protected from anyone else developing the same mechanics. And on top of that, the patent is for the lacing system only as well. Not for the MAG design. That already belongs to Nike. So in reality the outter shell drawing of the MAG doesn't mean a whole lot, the tech is what matters in the patent. It can go in any shoe. Which has been the point of Tinker only saying we will see power lacing, but never said it would be on MAG's.

Back
Top Bottom