Nike Air VaporMax

Tried them on today.

Of course the Flyknit upper is gonna feel amazing but in my honest opinion, the air bag is nothing special. It feels no different than the Air Max 2009-2017. Was a little disappointed because I've been looking forward to trying this shoe all year.

This is an honest post that Nike should read and take a look at

Did you go to one if these silly events or just go to a mall or regular footlocker/Nike/momandpop shop ?
Nike needs to take a hard look at trying to pimp their newest gimmick when in all reality it's no different that what's already been put out over and over it's just looking a little different

I'm not hating or trying to troll on anyone liking the shoe better Nike then adidas but Nike needs something new and really fresh to make a new shoe with a lasting impression

Last edited:
Went to the Nike Run Store to check them out. Debatedbetseen the platinums and grey/red and ultimately went with the grey/red pair. Hit up Footlocker and got the platinums and wolf grey's for my wife with military discount so I'm happy.

Went TTS on my pair and they fit perfect. Looking forward to other colorways...obviously wanted the triple blacks but the royal blue colorway looks promising.

Did you go to one if these silly events or just go to a mall or regular footlocker/Nike/momandpop shop ?
Nike needs to take a hard look at trying to pimp their newest gimmick when in all reality it's no different that what's already been put out over and over it's just looking a little different

I'm not hating or trying to troll on anyone liking the shoe better Nike then adidas but Nike needs something new and really fresh to make a new shoe with a lasting impression

Ok that's how he feel, others say it's legit, let people form they own opinions. Nike don't need to do anything...

Last edited:

Tried them on in store.

I talked to a Nike Rep...he said VaporMax IDs will be available again really soon.  I know better to believe him, but at least that's SOME hope.

That something new is called the Zoom Vaporfly 4%. Holy moly--I tried it today, and it really blows away everything else I've ever worn. 

Don't get me wrong, I really like my Vapormaxes, and it's one of the few shoes I really wanted this year, but it's ultimately a fashion sneaker, which is fine with me. 

That something new is called the Zoom Vaporfly 4%. Holy moly--I tried it today, and it really blows away everything else I've ever worn. 

Don't get me wrong, I really like my Vapormaxes, and it's one of the few shoes I really wanted this year, but it's ultimately a fashion sneaker, which is fine with me. 

I'm SUPER EXCITED about the ZOOMX line! Boost is definitely for #teamcozy. I've run in the Ultras and Adios, and they're mediocre at best when it comes to performance.

Something tells me they're (ZOOMX) going to feel like Hoka One One.

Last edited:
The feeling on foot is interesting. You can sort of sense the different air pockets around the shoe. For walking, the air is quite inert, but it becomes more squishy when you run in them. I think I'm still going to prefer Flyknit Lunars for running, but the Vapormaxes are alright. 

i hope they don't come with too many colorways. They did well with their flyknit racers up until about a year ago. They already let us know that they won't really be letting us ID these any time soon seeing how limited the ID's were. There are already many flyknit shoes so that's not special but the air on this shoe looks nuts. Boost has nothing on air. 

i hope they don't come with too many colorways. They did well with their flyknit racers up until about a year ago. They already let us know that they won't really be letting us ID these any time soon seeing how limited the ID's were. There are already many flyknit shoes so that's not special but the air on this shoe looks nuts. Boost has nothing on air. 
I understand liking hype but lets get real and add some facts here.

These are clearly air max. 
There may be limited colors, but if you came here for some rare shoe that will make you stand out, my advice is just to not buy nike.

maybe go buy some asics or something, but you are not really expecting them to spend money developing a shoe, and the just sell 10 colors and call it a day are you?

The id was limited because thay all had 3.26 on the tongue. not because the shoe is some legendary grail or something. 

Last edited:

It is streamlined like a shark or something. And the swoosh reminds me of the size and place on an old pair of Griffey cleats I had in little league. But it still looks like what it is. I just can't get excited to spend $200 when I see a slab of foam on the bottom because I'm not a runner. I do walk over 5 miles at my job so I do need at least a credible running shoe which VaporMax definitely is with the cut weight and increased flexibility.

This. I wonder if they're going to pair ZOOM Air and ZOOMX together...
nerd.gif
Time will tell but i'm sure it's already in the works. Could you imagine?!

Back
Top Bottom