Nike HyperAdapt: 1.0 and Adapt BB

Yeah, it is a bit strange seeing on Engadget, Digital Trends, Racked and reviews from people like MKBHD and others... the biggest coverage I've seen was probably when the 2016 Mags came along and the FlyEase idea prior.
It really is, though! And likewise. Just when I thought sneaker world couldn't expand it's audience beyond what it already is. Boy was I wrong.

So apparently silver released in fewer quantities.
That's what the folks in NYC said. Can't wait to compare tech feel to the 3D runners.

Overall yes if you factor in the earlier (this month) appointments, but silver was the more available option (in NYC at least) by quite a bit.

It really is, though! And likewise. Just when I thought sneaker world couldn't expand it's audience beyond what it already is. Boy was I wrong.
Not to come off as a prude but sneakers and technology been going hand in hand since Nike + and Apple partnered. 

Not to come off as a prude but sneakers and technology been going hand in hand since Nike + and Apple partnered. 
With peripherals yeah, but as far as an actual sneaker... Can totally see a silicon valley tech person who is not into shoes at all being intrigued. New audience. At least imo.

Last edited:

anybody ever randomly catch an open reservation?
yep, caught an open reservation during the first round. unfortunately it was for a time that i absolutely could not make so i wound up throwing it back into the wild 
mean.gif

With peripherals yeah, but as far as an actual sneaker... Can totally see a silicon valley tech person who is not into shoes at all being intrigued. New audience. At least imo.

Ohh. Yeah. Still think the rich techies are too cheap to pay for them, but it's cool seeing rich folks in sneakers. Wish they'd ban formal dress code from life

yep, caught an open reservation during the first round. unfortunately it was for a time that i absolutely could not make so i wound up throwing it back into the wild :smh:

You should have contacted the store. They didn't really seem to care when people showed up.

I was the first person to purchase the Hyperadapt in SF - I actually had a 10:20AM reservation, but I came early and was brought in with someone else. If you were the other guy, I totally didn't mean to jump ahead of you! It was just awkward that they had two people at a time behind the rope, but only one bench to try them on.

The process was just as others have described here, so no need to rehash that. The main difference in my experience is that they offered to hold my pair in the lobby as I brought my car around - definitely gave me peace of mind that I wouldn't have to look over my shoulder while walking out of the store.

Overall, completely stoked with my pair, and will most definitely be wearing them!

I was the first person to purchase the Hyperadapt in SF - I actually had a 10:20AM reservation, but I came early and was brought in with someone else. If you were the other guy, I totally didn't mean to jump ahead of you! It was just awkward that they had two people at a time behind the rope, but only one bench to try them on.

The process was just as others have described here, so no need to rehash that. The main difference in my experience is that they offered to hold my pair in the lobby as I brought my car around - definitely gave me peace of mind that I wouldn't have to look over my shoulder while walking out of the store.

Overall, completely stoked with my pair, and will most definitely be wearing them!

Congrats on your pair! Damn, I'm debating if I want to walk 15 minutes from the store back to my office with the shoes now... I don't have to cross the Tenderloin, but I am going towards SoMa.

Last edited:

Congrats on your pair! Damn, I'm debating if I want to walk 15 minutes from the store back to my office with the shoes now... I don't have to cross the Tenderloin, but I am going towards SoMa.

You can ask the security guard if they will walk with you to your office if it's a couple blocks away. They held my pair around until I brought the car around but I'm sure they'll accommodate you.

Last edited:
You can ask the security guard if they will walk with you to your office if it's a couple blocks away. They held my pair around until I brought the car around but I'm sure they'll accommodate you.

Right on, good lookin' out!

Sad that this is a real concern in SF now. I waited inside until my Uber arrived. Staff seemed more relaxed about this towards the end of the day when Union Square was generally much more crowded than it is in the morning. 

I picked up in Sf yesterday and wasn't worried about walking back to my car until they offered to have security to come with me. Decided just to walk and everything was fine

Sad that this is a real concern in SF now. I waited inside until my Uber arrived. Staff seemed more relaxed about this towards the end of the day when Union Square was generally much more crowded than it is in the morning. 

Depending on concealed carry laws, it might be wise to bring a legal firearm with you as well. I would advise bringing a holster if open carry is allowed after you leave as that serves as a strong deterrent. Usually, there will be enough police/security in the area to ensure nothing goes down but potential thieves will likely wait in areas near the store.

Just a heads up so you guys can protect yourselves, if need be.

Last edited:
Depending on concealed carry laws, it might be wise to bring a legal firearm with you as well. I would advise bringing a holster if open carry is allowed after you leave as that serves as a strong deterrent. Usually, there will be enough police/security in the area to ensure nothing goes down but potential thieves will likely wait in areas near the store.

Just a heads up so you guys can protect yourselves, if need be.
Can't endorse that. Guns = the possibility of violence, which really is not okay. They're just sneakers, and we all have insurance. 

Can't endorse that. Guns = the possibility of violence, which really is not okay. They're just sneakers, and we all have insurance. 

So you have a problem with legally using your 2nd amendment right along with legally carrying your firearm (according to local laws/permits) to serve as a theft deterrent? The point of this isn't to use your firearm but to deter a situation where you could be in danger (I.e armed robbery a few blocks away from the store).

Stricter carry laws in some areas won't even allow for this option but for those that do should recognize that this is an option if they feel unsafe.

So you have a problem with legally using your 2nd amendment right along with legally carrying your firearm (according to local laws/permits) to serve as a theft deterrent? The point of this isn't to use your firearm but to deter a situation where you could be in danger (I.e armed robbery a few blocks away from the store).

Stricter carry laws in some areas won't even allow for this option but for those that do should recognize that this is an option if they feel unsafe.

We live in California. Ain't no open carry, and concealed holder is impossible to get.

They're just shoes.

Last edited:
Its not THAT bad, especially not bad enough to carry JUST to pick up a pair of shoes. Thats just stupid. Tenderloin IS sketchy late at night but for the most part they dont mess with you. As a female, ive walked Tenderloin by myself lately no problems, not that I make it a habit though lol. Most people walkin the streets around there have no idea what a hyperadapt is anyway LoL

If someone were to try to rob me at gun point for some dang shoes, I'm giving them up. No life is worth a pair of shoes, whether its my life or the other persons

Last edited:

I too chose to have them bring my pair to my car. Just pulled right up to the store and they set the package on the back seat! Easy and safe.

mehoneydee mehoneydee , yeah, the people aren't too bad in the Tenderloin until it's late night or early morning when some activity heightens up. As a city native myself, I've grown up going there every once in a while, but with years of being away from there and back, it's a bit different. Tell you what though, as long as we ain't crossin' through HP or Bayview, I'm sure we're good. You never really know what happens in the city.

pilbondin pilbondin - San Francisco's the city environment. There's a lot of economic factors that lead to issues like this, whether directly or indirectly, but it happens. For example, these new houses being sold in the +$1-millions near Brotherhood Way on Lake Merced (some of you guys know where and what I'm talking about here) is gonna lead to some of the stuff that happens around the city, because Parkmerced is, like, right there, and I know there's some activity that happens there, too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom