Nike HyperAdapt: 1.0 and Adapt BB

Depending on concealed carry laws, it might be wise to bring a legal firearm with you as well. I would advise bringing a holster if open carry is allowed after you leave as that serves as a strong deterrent. Usually, there will be enough police/security in the area to ensure nothing goes down but potential thieves will likely wait in areas near the store.

Just a heads up so you guys can protect yourselves, if need be.
laugh.gif

It aint that serious. I seen 3 people yesterday on the subway with their boxes. 

If someone wants your shoes that bad let them have them even if its legal to carry. If that gun goes off you will face greater legal action than the cost of the shoe. 

Just buy your shoes and go home, which is really no different than any other release that more people want than produced. 

@pilbondin - San Francisco's the city environment. There's a lot of economic factors that lead to issues like this, whether directly or indirectly, but it happens. For example, these new houses being sold in the +$1-millions near Brotherhood Way on Lake Merced (some of you guys know where and what I'm talking about here) is gonna lead to some of the stuff that happens around the city, because Parkmerced is, like, right there, and I know there's some activity that happens there, too.
I totally get this. To oversimplify, rising inequality = rising theft. My office in SoMa was burglarized about once every year when I worked there. 

I totally get this. To oversimplify, rising inequality = rising theft. My office in SoMa was burglarized about once every year when I worked there. 

Damn, that's crazy. Yep, city life... anyway, how did we get to this topic? Oh yeah, oops... #TeamSkipPage45

ANYWAY, more pick-up experience stories! Anyone here pick up from Chicago/LA? I also saw a few tweets from Nike Store's Twitter that "additional opportunities" are on the way. Just in case anyone's looking for some light in all of this week's happenings.

Overall yes if you factor in the earlier (this month) appointments, but silver was the more available option (in NYC at least) by quite a bit.
This. 

In other cities it was just the opposite, black was in larger numbers than grey.

But other cities combined had about what was allocated for NYC alone.

arrived to my appointment early at SoHo. Was greeted by 4 people behind the ropes for the Hyper Adapt section. They said I can come in early to claim my prize if I want. There was no other person there for the reservation. So I had 3 people help me out. Very informative experience. Quick and easy overall. Hopped in my car and went off to work after. No lurkers this time around

This. 

In other cities it was just the opposite, black was in larger numbers than grey.

But other cities combined had about what was allocated for NYC alone.

NYC, you said the insoles uses some sort of Lunarlon foam? is that correct?

So not the real solution

What is the solution to stop increasing theft in these areas? I'm all ears as we shouldn't have to worry about our safety when buying sneakers but, as people mentioned before, we do for some reason.

At least with more police around we can feel safer when leaving the store.

I disagree with you on pretty much every point you've made related to security here, but this isn't the forum on which to engage on that subject.

Back to sneakers: I was told that the non-NYC stores each got 80 pairs total this week. So, still pretty limited. 

What do you propose then? Posters ITT were scared to walk the streets with these shoes in hand-should it ever come to that?

I'm all ears for a solution.

We're not here for anecdotal solutions that you've mentioned, but you knock yourself out with them.

On another note, any word on SF numbers?

We're not here for anecdotal solutions that you've mentioned, but you knock yourself out with them.

On another note, any word on SF numbers?

No idea, but I'd guess no more than 120. One person or two people max per time slot, so roughly 40-50 people for each day?

haha, so that was you vinotwofour vinotwofour with the frags on as well. kinda funny to see 2 pairs of frags together for hyperadapt pickups.

i think the black CW looks sooooo much better to me in person, but obv to each their own.

Wow this thread turned all political all of a sudden, back to the shoes!

Sorry for having to participate in this topic shift, guys!

Okay, anyone with more experience/pick-up stories? vinotwofour vinotwofour , was your experience this time different from the one before, or was it the exact same set-up and all of that?

haha, so that was you @vinotwofour with the frags on as well. kinda funny to see 2 pairs of frags together for hyperadapt pickups.

i think the black CW looks sooooo much better to me in person, but obv to each their own.
lol which one was you? Yeah the employees was like "you're the 3rd person I saw with Frags, must be the Marshalls clearance 
laugh.gif
" And while I was picking up my pair, I didn't know my friend was there also picking up his and he was wearing frags. Totally unplanned
Sorry for having to participate in this topic shift, guys!

Okay, anyone with more experience/pick-up stories? @vinotwofour, was your experience this time different from the one before, or was it the exact same set-up and all of that?
first time picking up. Experience was pretty cool. Employees were knowledgeable and answered any questions I had

I was with your friend - looks like we have a mutual friend, I guess. Was meeting up with him and another friend who came from Philly to pick up his pair then have lunch.

Sadly, no frags for me.

Haha yup. Most comfy shoe out there IMO. Gotta rock some Nikes for my pickup appt on Fri though.

What'd you think of the comfort of the Hyperadapts? I was pretty surprised by how good they felt.

Haha yup. Most comfy shoe out there IMO. Gotta rock some Nikes for my pickup appt on Fri though.

What'd you think of the comfort of the Hyperadapts? I was pretty surprised by how good they felt.
yeah it's a little tight to slip on, but once it's in, it felt good. Definitely TTS or half size up if given the option. I do like the black pair more tho.

If you have wider feet, then going up half a size would be the best I think. I'm generally a 9.5 for most shoes and wish I was able to go up to a 10... going to make the 9.5 work though!

Back
Top Bottom