NIKE METCON THREAD - 7s out now

I have a pair of never used Grey/ Gum's in a size 11 if anyone is interested. Would sell for suggested retail, no tax and free shipping. Looking to get the Black/ Grey colorway instead. PM me.

Glad I held off ordering from FL, got the fraser cw off swoosh 
smokin.gif

whos going to the cf games in carson this year? maybe we can get a meet up group that sat or sun at the beer tent in the back of the vendor village

I wanted to like my inov-8 235s so bad but when it came down to it the were just too thin for me.. Feet would hurt after double unders and coming off the bars/rings etc.. Biggest pro for me with the metcons was the insole support.. Just me .02

I wanted to like my inov-8 235s so bad but when it came down to it the were just too thin for me.. Feet would hurt after double unders and coming off the bars/rings etc.. Biggest pro for me with the metcons was the insole support.. Just me .02
Good to know. I do want a weightlifting shoe that I can do double unders and other stuff like that in. From what I hear the adipowers are narrow and it sounds like the Romaleos are the best? Do you guys agree? Or what?

Good to know. I do want a weightlifting shoe that I can do double unders and other stuff like that in. From what I hear the adipowers are narrow and it sounds like the Romaleos are the best? Do you guys agree? Or what?

Sorry.. Ishould have prefaced with that I used the 235s as WOD shoe as they're not lifters. I've actually never owned lifters. Always felt like I wanted to lift in the same thing I do wods in. Slowly beginning to rethink that though.:

What's wrong with the Inov-8's? I was looking into getting a pair.

Here is a more recent review . At the end of the day it's up to you and your preference and with that said think about what you see the elite heavy lifters wearing .. usually the nikes or adidas. I've had lifting coaches tell me stay away from the inov8s, personally I say use the nike romeleos for heavy strict lifting and use the reebok lifters for barbell heavy met cons

http://m.outdoorgearlab.com/Weightlifting-Shoes-Reviews

Here is a more recent review . At the end of the day it's up to you and your preference and with that said think about what you see the elite heavy lifters wearing .. usually the nikes or adidas. I've had lifting coaches tell me stay away from the inov8s, personally I say use the nike romeleos for heavy strict lifting and use the reebok lifters for barbell heavy met cons

http://m.outdoorgearlab.com/Weightlifting-Shoes-Reviews
Thanks for the help. Great link.

Longtime lurker finally signed up on NT. Wanted to thank you all for keeping this thread alive and popping with the great info.

With that being said. I noticed going down a half size works best for me when wearing these shoes for training.

If anyone here is a size 9 (preferably in the Bay Area, CA) and looking for the following colors hit me up with a DM as I'm trying to get rid of them and rebuild my collection in size 8.5.

OG volt (DS)

dove grey (DS)

Also if you can find use in used pairs:

daring red (worn for a few wods and lifting sessions)

black/anthracite

Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this. Thought I'd throw this out there to the NT community before I even try to place it on Craiglist or EBay.

Thanks

I've had my Romaleos for 3 years now and I love them for lifting. I just stick to lifting in them though, tried a handful of wods in them and they were difficult to do many skills not involving a barbell. They are heavy and very solid. Hands down the best lifting shoe out there but in my opinion, not good for wods.

For a weightlifting ish shoe that you can do wods in, I'd recommend the reebok lifter plus. You can do box jumps and double unders in this and everything and are more stable than metcons and Nanos in the Olympic lifts. However, they're not as stable and solid as the adipowers and the Romaleos. All about tradeoff.

Quote:
For a weightlifting ish shoe that you can do wods in, I'd recommend the reebok lifter plus. You can do box jumps and double unders in this and everything and are more stable than metcons and Nanos in the Olympic lifts. However, they're not as stable and solid as the adipowers and the Romaleos. All about tradeoff.
Agreed fully on this.  The first reebok OLYs IMO were the best to use for other movements such as double unders and box jumps.  Still not ideal, but they were doable.  The latest reebok lifters are still the best option as far as that goes.  If you can use romaleos in a workout with double unders, you are a beast.  The romaleos are clunky, heavy and just stiff.  Which is fine for a weighlifting shoe.  Adipowers are closer to reebok oly in the forefoot than they are to romaleos.  I can see struggling through a double under workout in adipowers, it would still suck, but romaleos are a no go as far as that.

Quote:

Agreed fully on this.  The first reebok OLYs IMO were the best to use for other movements such as double unders and box jumps.  Still not ideal, but they were doable.  The latest reebok lifters are still the best option as far as that goes.  If you can use romaleos in a workout with double unders, you are a beast.  The romaleos are clunky, heavy and just stiff.  Which is fine for a weighlifting shoe.  Adipowers are closer to reebok oly in the forefoot than they are to romaleos.  I can see struggling through a double under workout in adipowers, it would still suck, but romaleos are a no go as far as that.
Agreed, I hate wearing my Romaleos for WODs they are just to heavy and uncomfortable for them.  I only wear them for straight squat and oly sessions.  That's one of the reasons I love the Metcons so much.  

Last edited:
 When it comes to a weightlifting shoe, you should really try them all on. Find people at your gym with them and try them on. Our feet are all different, so our opinions are only half worthwhile...

I'm willing to bet eventually Nike will come out with their own equivalent to the reebok lifter plus. That will be exciting.

I bet they will call it the metcon lifter plus or something like that.

Last edited:
I'm willing to bet eventually Nike will come out with their own equivalent to the reebok lifter plus. That will be exciting.

I bet they will call it the metcon lifter plus or something like that.
they already have samples out of Romaleos III

I see lunar metcons before a metcon "lifter"

Back
Top Bottom