* NIKE RUNNING - 2008 Releases *

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by mhsrunner09

I really think adding dri-fit could potentially greatly improve a lot of Nike's runners.
I personally think dri-fit might make your shoes smell really bad really fast because dri-fit absorbs sweat and holds it...I could be totally off-base.

sixzerofour: I hated my AST 10s because my feet were not wide enough for them. I would suggest Asics Kayanos or Brooks Trances if they fit your feet right..and also, I'm very price-conscious and love saving money on shoes, but I really think for serious runners cost should not be an issue. I think you should find a shoe that meets your needs and pay whatever it costs because if you are in the wrong shoe, you have a much larger chance of hurting yourself, which could end up costing you more anyway.

Does anyone know when the Zoom Victory spike comes out and if they are sprint or distance spikes? On the videos that floated around a while back that showed them they looked sort of like a mid-distance spike which would be perfect for me.

Dri-FIT I guess does absorb sweat but it doesnt really hold it. It brings the sweat to the surface to dry. Also Dri-FIT isn't really all that superspecial. Its just polyester for the most part. Theres no really special weave or component that Dri-FIT has that differentiates itself from any anotherpolyester sports shirt. Not to say Nike didn't take the time to do some cool research. But theres a little marketing to Dri-FIT. Also most shoe liningsand meshes are made from breathable synthetic fibers that are some form of poly. So in a way most Nike runners do have "Dri-FIT". Another example isClimacool apparel, which is just another polyester shirt. Every company just has a different marketing term for it.

Originally Posted by mhsrunner09

Does anyone know when the Zoom Victory spike comes out and if they are sprint or distance spikes? On the videos that floated around a while back that showed them they looked sort of like a mid-distance spike which would be perfect for me.

Not til after the Olympics

Just got my lunar trainers. Very comfy shoe. Squishier than the Zoom Victorys but without quite as much lateral support. The insole is volt, but the foam ismore of a neon yellow. I will try and post pics later.

Also, just got the new 360 III CW that isn't bad.

Originally Posted by MikeOxsobig

anyone know how much the every frees will cost?

The Free Everydays are out for a retail of $90. Not sure if that is what you are talking about

Originally Posted by HMack007

Saw em in the store. Held them in my hands. Finishline in Columbia Mall

Picked a pair of the white/red there last night. The guy who I think is the manager was a bit taken aback when I asked if that was flywire I was lookingat.(didn't think they were out yet) His quote was literally "how do you know about that". So far I have just worn them around the house, but Ireally like them.

Wore the Lunar Trainers for about 11 hours today. Super-comfy shoe. Not much else to coampare it to. I will try and take a run in them on Tuesday and reportback, though I am considering holding off on that until I can get a pair in a darker color bc these will get dirty quickly. Odd looking shoe that got quite afew looks and comments, but much more comfortable than I was expecting.

Anybody know if anyone, outside of Finishline, has the zoom victory's for sale online. I thought these came out today June 30, 2008 but I can't findthem online anywhere.

looking to pick up lunars today
actually once i get out of this writing class
ill hold out on the victories til later
both though are nice and sleek shoes
really lightweight and seem pretty supportive
bah for summer classes =[[

Originally Posted by JinKazama

Anybody know if anyone, outside of Finishline, has the zoom victory's for sale online. I thought these came out today June 30, 2008 but I can't find them online anywhere.

7/1 is actually their release date. ndc has them but only a in a few sizes. Look for them to be available in more sizes tomorrow. Eastbay was alsosupposed to have them available for online ordering on the 1st and the nike rep I met wearing them said they would be available in running shops on the1st.

jeffgdula-

where'd you pick up the lunar trainers?
i just got my racers not too long ago
i saw the womens trainer and they are nice
wishing we had the trainer too but yeah....

Originally Posted by DNeou20

jeffgdula-

where'd you pick up the lunar trainers?
i just got my racers not too long ago
i saw the womens trainer and they are nice
wishing we had the trainer too but yeah....

I got my trainers from ndc before they took them down. Where did you get the racers? I haven't seen them in person yet.

My store just got the lunarracer in today, wore 'em for about an hour.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

They are the softest shoe I have ever worn and they are as light as a thought they would be. Amazing.
We didn't get the men's trainers for some reason, can't wait til they get in so I can take em for a run.

Originally Posted by kghinrich12

My store just got the lunarracer in today, wore 'em for about an hour.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

They are the softest shoe I have ever worn and they are as light as a thought they would be. Amazing.
We didn't get the men's trainers for some reason, can't wait til they get in so I can take em for a run.

they are on ndc too. I thought about ordering, but I am going to hold off for now I think.

whats the release date on the lunar trainers. 9 days ago they were on ndc as you were saying you got your pair from. apparently it was released prematurely?

The Zoom Victory's are up on Nike.com (they won't come up when you do a search though; go to Nikestore mens/womens, running, and they'll be there.)Use one of the the coupon(s) below until July 6th to lighten the blow to your wallet a little.

JUNESALE1 - $10.00 off
JUNESALE4 - 10% off
25PCTNTF5 - 25% off $125.00 or more

copped mine for $90.00 before shipping and tax. Can't wait to rock these puppies in B-more next week.

P.S. - Eastbay now has all four colors of the victory's up and there's a 20% off code floating around on retailmenot.com

Originally Posted by jeffgdula

I really wish they would make a pair that looked like this:

BJ08_T&F_VictorySpike_LAT.jpg

Saw those in person today, along with the longer distance version (I forget what it's called), and they are even better in person. There are somefrickin' sweet colorways in the distance one. Too bad I'm done with track forever, I want an excuse to try them.

got in the red upper lunar trainers at work yesterday
shoe looks amazing, definitely stands out with the red
not my style tho, so i'll wait on it for the white/grey upper

BTW for anyone who own these and the victories
did these fun half a size small for ya'll too?

I have these and the victories and they both fit perfect in an 11. (I usually wear 11.5 in Air Maxes). Post some pics of the red uppers if you get a chance. Iam curious.

really? i wear a 10.5 in air maxes, lunar racers, and structure triax
they all fit good, snug but enough room at the toe
i tried a 10.5 in the trainers and they had NO toe room at all
then I tried an 11 in them and it still was sug but had just enough toe room
maybe my foot just grew again >L<
i did end up gettnn 11 in my haywards a few weeks ago

as for the lunar trainers...
i'll try to get a picture
if not i'll just PS it...
its like a carmine red
little darker than the AJ6.

Wow its amazing how bad eastbay can make a hot pair of kicks look. Mine are due in tomorrow can't wait to put some miles on them.

im having a tough time choosing which lunar trainer I want.
2nba71v.jpg

or the all whites with volt bottom like jeff posted. I run in dirt half of my run so theyd turn brown instantly. but I like simple colorways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom