Nike Zoom Hypercross Trainer

I passed...they were too plain for me, literally 0 details aside from the 'OSU' on the tongue.

Ah gotcha, I thought I had seen them in a previous pic that you had taken. Dope collection, love those Free 5.0's.

Are these good for running/crossfit. I have a wide foot and free runs dont feel right

In one word: no. They are definitely not a running shoe; crossfit they may be ok with lifting drills but those Hex Zoom bags extend so much that its an odd feeling. Plus, it is not for a wide foot because its pretty narrow.

In one word: no. They are definitely not a running shoe; crossfit they may be ok with lifting drills but those Hex Zoom bags extend so much that its an odd feeling. Plus, it is not for a wide foot because its pretty narrow.

What shoes would you recommend? I have asics and some balances but I need a good workout shoe

What shoes would you recommend? I have asics and some balances but I need a good workout shoe

Man, off the top of my head, the only NIke training shoe that I can think of that has a roomier toebox is the Zoom General but that's not exactly your ideal. You might want to try the new Metcon trainer or the Free Trainer 3.0 V3. I know that New Balance has a lot more shoes that have widths but that is strictly in running.

Wore my Volts to Crossfit, Back squated 255# (1RM humble brag, up from 185 60 days ago) ... anyway, the heel compressed and caved in DRASTICALLY.. I would not lift in these... They feel good though, you can feel the zoom pods. I am a small guy though, 5'6'' @ 150#, so every  ones experience may differ depending on body type. 

Not in a condescending way, but I would personally never squat/dl/clean etc. in air based shoes.  I never got that.  I see tons of people lifting moderately heavy weight in runners and basketball shoes.  Kills the connection to the ground and takes away from the efficiency and power transfer.

If I trained in these, which I haven't yet, it would only be for drills or plyos, that kind of thing.  I would hesitate to do big lifts even in foam based trainers, depending on the density of the foam.  When the lifting gets serious, it's time for a pair of dedicated weight lifting shoes.

Never tried, although I've seen lots of people do it.  I only squat, dl and clean maybe once a week for each if I'm lucky.  Got a pair of Adipower lifters which is overkill for me.  Before that I was in Crossfit Nano 3.0's, which is an excellent overall training shoe.  Again, would not even think about those lifts in a zoom based shoe, but people will do what they do.

Don't want to change this into a crossfit thread oops, but I'm restarting tomorrow. I'm just gonna use some asics until I grab some work out shoes

frekyflo if you want a pair of Nikes to try for CF hold off until the Metcon releases next month.  I've heard some good initial reviews on them. I certainly wouldn't bother with the hypercross line.

Last edited:
Man nike can we get a pack for all nike endorsed schools in final college football top 10.....TCU TCU TCU TCU...

Back
Top Bottom