Nike Zoom Kobe IV PROTRO (MORE IN 2023!!)

Now that the ZK IV DO NOT have full length zoom, will you still cop?

• Yes

Votes: 123 54.7%
  • No

Votes: 102 45.3%

• Total voters
It’s sad that resale is so high on Kobe’s. I’m hunting down carpes and prices are insane. Double retail even 3X id do at this point but it’s crazy these vultures asking 6-10X 🤦🏼‍♂️.

It’s sad that resale is so high on Kobe’s. I’m hunting down carpes and prices are insane. Double retail even 3X id do at this point but it’s crazy these vultures asking 6-10X 🤦🏼‍♂️.
I got mine with my cousin's swoosh discount for $120. I was hooping in mine before the tragedy and even turned em into light hiking shoes when the bottoms were worn out. They still don't look bad considering what I put em through.

I’m in line at Nike Watts to pick up my pair and I’d say a good 75% of those in line would’ve never considered buying a pair of Kobe’s if it wasn’t for the tragedy. These ain’t fans. Bunch of panda dunk low wearing imposters taking Ws.

In line at Glendale....yikes man...

It's amazing to me how slow these lines are...

Like you know everyone is here to get thier kicks...

Really fed up with this bs releases… I’m now debating if I should pay resale now before the price increases. I’ve done it multiple times but the shoes last a couple of months and paying $500+ for a shoe just to enjoy and ball in for pick up and rec games is insane. What’s frustrating is Nike knows absolutely what they’re doing to bring more demand and hype on shoes knowing there would be a lot of Kobe fans missing out, and year after year same s**t they know most of us still comeback hoping to hit on the next hyped shoe. Maybe buying reps is a better option than hoping for something that ends with an L always.

It's amazing to me how slow these lines are...

Like you know everyone is here to get thier kicks...
Guess people still trying to pick up their pairs, which explains why the offers haven't been accepted yet lol. I need those resell prices to come down by just a bit more before I cop.

🕊️ (picture and band not from this release)
IMG_4733.jpeg
IMG_4734.jpeg
IMG_4735.jpeg
IMG_4736.jpeg

I bought a pair a couple of years ago knowing the price was just going to get worse, it sucks.

Not a bad day....

20230501_161000.jpg
20230501_161019.jpg

Can confirm the Undefeated in Glendale had 5 full size runs.

13 and 14 was one pair per and the common sizes were 4 to 5 pair per size.

I'm a size 16 but was able to find a trade for the size 14 I got since size 14 is selling higher then size 16.

Just hoping no games with the trade. More to follow.

There must be more releasing.

I have never heard of Sally's shoes...I saw in a local forum that they had a raffled on the 29th and pick day was today.

Hopefully more places get them.

I love that Nike is releasing Kobe’s on special occasions but they need to make Mamba Day and official day to release some Kobe’s every year man

I have never heard of Sally's shoes...I saw in a local forum that they had a raffled on the 29th and pick day was today.

Never heard of Sally's shoes either. I know Shoe Palace LA stores had raffle, then SNKRS, and I mean technically Undefeated that was done through SNKRS pass. But these were definitely not as wide as other releases.

Never heard of Sally's shoes either. I know Shoe Palace LA stores had raffle, then SNKRS, and I mean technically Undefeated that was done through SNKRS pass. But these were definitely not as wide as other releases.
Remember a random skate shop had the 6s last year too

Back in 2008/2009 people were just as hyped on them as they are now
Biggest difference between 08/09 and now....fans could camp-out for releases. More pairs got in fans hands. There was a higher rate of success because you had some control at increasing your odds. Success wasn't assured, but in general, you got what you put into it over time and multiple releases.

Bot users and proxy servers can't infiltrate physical camp-out lines...plain and simple.

Wasn't SNKRS supposed to make the customer experience better? Didn't Nike announce they were making less product available at retailers, and one of the reasons was to give customers a more 'premium experience' by increasing their 'direct-to-consumer' approach?

Do any Nike/Kobe fans feel their 'experience' buying Kobes has improved since SNKRS was introduced?
Did any Kobe/Nike fans feel it was a more of a 'premium experience' today trying to buy this release?
As a Kobe /Nike fan...do you feel appreciated, or rewarded for their loyalty?

IMO, Customer disappointment, frustration, anger, and loyalty are being used and exploited in order to fuel a marketing machine. You don't take for granted or exploit customers if you value and respect them. Factor in the tragic circumstances around the signature athlete, and IMO, it's very f'ed up.

This is just my opinion: the fact that this thread only moved 4 pages, since release, simply shows that the actual Kobe fans are just fed up with all the promises that never happened and maybe will never happen, as sad as it is to say.

Really do not know what to say, if his wife really promised that more shoes will release in higher quantities and so far only 2 have released honoring Gigi and no “real” Kobe themed shoe is pretty disappointing.

We grew up watching and liking Kobe and not his daughter, it is tragic enough what happened to both, it just feels to me that every May 1st this is going to repeat and it might be best for all, to not release any Kobe’s anymore and honestly just let them rest in peace and we Kobe fans will take care as best as we can for our collections. I hope I am not offending anyone here, of course my apologies, in case I do.
Total agreement with you. I, like many others were bummed that Nike might never produced Kobes again. This whole situation has since taken a 180 turn for the worse.

Kobe fans should hope Nike stops producing this line. Nike plays a role in terms of his legacy going forward. Right now, for many of us, it's turning negative.

Picked up my first ever reservation win at the East LA Nike store. Process was better than I expected. Everything was well organized and was in and out of there in less than 5 minutes.
75A34673-44E3-469C-8AF6-37F8C972C238.jpeg
177D3E42-817E-40EF-A4D2-A81C3FD9C7FB.jpeg
D0D452B8-41C8-4A68-B637-479729F9C149.jpeg
EA09BE52-BD1B-454C-9060-34625DAE0F19.jpeg
B92263D6-9D79-48F3-A4FD-A09D4FA2BEEF.jpeg
3672C385-08CF-4497-85E6-F5CBB83E056B.jpeg

It’s a pretty basic/boring shoe in person, but I appreciate all the little details honoring Gigi. The quality is great as well.

Woah I didn’t know this place had it like that. This was one of my go to spots back in the day for new releases. A little hidden gem. Haven’t been there in years. Glad to hear they’re doing great. The owner Sally was super cool too. She was a big sneaker head and was super passionate about her store/collection.

No surprise I took the L on this release. But where the jersey at? I'd rather pay for reps than resale on shoes is where I'm at on this mess smh.

So I was going through my Nike order history yesterday and the last time I was actually successful (besides an outlet Kobe 1 pickup) was the Carpe Diems..so it’s been over 4 years almost since I was successful for an actual Nike.com Kobe release 😂

The whole task of getting a Kobe now is virtually based on luck..or paying resale..I saw maybe one or two Kobe guys I personally talk to get a pair of Mambacitas yesterday in their size..really frustrating but if I can get a pair for $400-450 I’m gonna pull the trigger just to have the set

IMG_8989.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom