Niketalk what is the difference between Polo and U.S. Polo Association

Originally Posted by tvanterpool

wouldn't be caught dead with that jockey with the extra big whip on the horse on my polo
laugh.gif
  ralph lauren >
It's actually a guy playing polo, hence the name.

USPA??? That just sounds like you should be wiping up spills with it instead of wearing it.

Originally Posted by miamib30514

wouldn't be caught dead with that jockey with the extra big whip on the horse on my polo
laugh.gif
  ralph lauren >
Dude said 'whip'.
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Mitchellicious

One set of photos looks like they are from a Target catalog. The others don't.

what, the white background versus the slightly off white background? Premium brand catalogs don't show the models full face?

laugh.gif
at dude not realizing Polo is an actual sport. It doesn't look the professionals wear either brands.

We all know the answer to this question. Superficial mentality is the difference between them, and I own a lot of Ralph Lauren and no USPA at all. Shirts are shirts when it comes down to it and the extra money we pay is for ourselves whether it be to impress others or to for ourselves. That being said I'm blessed to be in a situation where I can even make a choice like that cause all around the world theres people who can't even comprehend this choice and would just take a shirt period.

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

They sell R.L Polo at Ross and TJ Maxx and Marshall's too. In fact, that's why I asked. I was at Marshall's yesterday holding the shirts up next to each other waiting for the much more expensive R.L. Polo ones to do some sort of trick, light up, cook dinner, or talk to me, some sort of trick to justify the price premium and they did no such thing. They seemed like 2 of the exact same shirt, with a slightly different logo sewn on.

lol nice!

Originally Posted by ALDY

.Can't you find U.S Polo Assoc. at Ross ?.. 
Yeah it's right next to the Ralph Lauren Polo stuff. 
Basically U.S Polo is a knock off Ralph Lauren Polo. There is a quality difference for sure. 

Originally Posted by visualmusiC

Originally Posted by miamib30514

laugh.gif
  ralph lauren >
Dude said 'whip'.
roll.gif
roll.gif
lol i know its polo the sport is but didnt know the official word for the apparatus used to hit the ball on the ground 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mitchellicious

One set of photos looks like they are from a Target catalog. The others don't.

what, the white background versus the slightly off white background? Premium brand catalogs don't show the models full face?

laugh.gif
at dude not realizing Polo is an actual sport. It doesn't look the professionals wear either brands.
Go back and take a real look, the lighting and subtle shadows in the second set of pics definitely accentuate the model's features and highlight the clothing more.

Spoiler [+]
I could honestly care less about either of these brands

You don't have to lie to kick it. You'd smash any of those USPA *@%%#! and be happy too, even cop them an R.L Polo if they demand.

RL can also be found in Marshall's, TJ Maxx, etc. for the low ($35-40) each as stated earlier. So why buy USPA for 25-30 dollars if you can get better quality for slightly more? When I felt the USPA shirts in person, they felt like the no brand polos Foot Locker has in store for 5 for 20.

the funny thing about USPA is that it really is the officially sanctioned clothier of the governing body for the sport of polo in the US. but USPA can go sit in a corner with BHPC, knights of the roundtable and lugz wallabees.

This thread is very DC of you.

But yeah there really isn't a big difference.  But to wear something thats clearly a knockoff isn't a good look

Originally Posted by BaltimoreGutta

RL can also be found in Marshall's, TJ Maxx, etc. for the low ($35-40) each as stated earlier. So why buy USPA for 25-30 dollars if you can get better quality for slightly more? When I felt the USPA shirts in person, they felt like the no brand polos Foot Locker has in store for 5 for 20.

Word? Is this local like one of those House of Hoops only type deals or national? Good thing I have a huge closet because my wardrobe game is about to get a huge upgrade. If this was a vbulletin board I'd give you kudos for putting me up onto game.

It's like whats the difference between timberlands and the exact same lookin shoe at walmart. It's the logo and the rep

Originally Posted by BaltimoreGutta

Word? Is this local like one of those House of Hoops only type deals or national? Good thing I have a huge closet because my wardrobe game is about to get a huge upgrade. If this was a vbulletin board I'd give you kudos for putting me up onto game.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Kramer

It's like whats the difference between timberlands and the exact same lookin shoe at walmart. It's the logo and the rep

I don't hike nor work in a factory or other situation where we are required to wear steal toe boots but thanks though. I prefer the Route 66s at K Mart though for that purpose anyways. I had to wear them when I worked produce at the Commissary. I only lasted like 4 days on that job before I quit/mutually agreed not to work there anymore. Good thing they paid for them otherwise I would be out like 40 bucks which was a lot to me when I was 17.

Back
Top Bottom