Niketalk what is the difference between Polo and U.S. Polo Association

Never knew that the two were unaffiliated. Luckily for me, I never liked that extra whip on the horse anyway.

On the price tag of US Polo Assc.,it clearly state that their not affiliated with RL Polo.

30t6p3b.gif
at this thread.
laugh.gif

>reading Scientific Method's post in Dwight Schrute's voice.
>thinks he's black.
>Darrell Schrute.

I'm enjoying this thread. son said "whip"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AstroBlac

I'm with you dude. I dont see no difference. Its all in the name. Guys just dress for other guys. You ask most chicks and they won't even know the difference between the two. Just like most dudes wouldn't be abble to tell the difference between Monolo shoes and payless. If a chicks hot, she's hot. You don't care what she's wearing and more often than not, they don't care what you are either.
Requoted for emphasis, but will likely be passed over as we are all members on a board dedicated to a shoe company. 

Originally Posted by trunks206

I'm with you dude. I dont see no difference. Its all in the name. Guys just dress for other guys. You ask most chicks and they won't even know the difference between the two. Just like most dudes wouldn't be abble to tell the difference between Monolo shoes and payless. If a chicks hot, she's hot. You don't care what she's wearing and more often than not, they don't care what you are either.
Requoted for emphasis, but will likely be passed over as we are all members on a board dedicated to a shoe company. 
Maybe it's a difference in generation.

Females my age are "sneakerheads" in greater quantities. And they all rock RL. So I gotta cop Armani just to impress 'em.

ohwell.gif

What you SHOULD ask is what the difference is between American Living at JC Penney and RL polo................

Its a crying shame what Ralph Lauren has done to the young black people of this country....

Or better yet, the value placed in Ralph Lauren clothing... its ridiculous fambs ...

Smh x a billyun ...

Originally Posted by Kramer

It's like whats the difference between timberlands and the exact same lookin shoe at walmart. It's the logo and the rep

Horrible analogy... timbs are indestructable. If i didnt buy a pair of wheafs every other year i could sgill be rockin a pair feom hs In fact i have some rolltops and a cpl sif colored onss ive had for 5 plus years... polo is not that kinda quality upgrade over uspa

Originally Posted by trunks206

I agree with dudes dressing to impress other dudes. Personally thats not what I do but it is a truth thats easily noticed every day.

And on that second part, probably more females will be able to differentiate USPA and RL Polo than guys. And, really, it does not take a lot of knowledge to notice a difference in quality. Put some Monolo's and payless heels in front of a dude and tell him that one pair is high end and the other is payless and he'll most likely tell you which is which.

And lastly, I actually do care what my girl is wearing, but maybe that's just me.

I would say quality. But with how RL's Polo line is now they're both about the same quality.

Why do we buy nike and jordans for $200+ when there are variants of the exact same shoe going for $50<

Shoes, athletic at least, have a performance aspect though. I weigh damn near 3 bills, can't be walking around in these off brand %@+ shoes with styrofoam insoles, much less trying to run and jump. But shirts, what do your RL Polo, Armani, and Lacoste shirts do that my Faded Glory/USPA shirts don't besides make you feel fancy?

Back
Top Bottom