Niketalk what is the difference between Polo and U.S. Polo Association

LOL. I don't wear either of them, but the situation reminds me of the guy that brags how he can drink you under the table...ok, I spend $20 and get a buzz while you pay you're $200 tab...

People bragging that they spend twice as money much on clothes just so other people don't think they are poor..

Yeah RL has had people jockin his style for years....
polo.jpg

These guys take the cake...it's an actual brand that has been registered called "Polo"they just swapped the logo around.

MensCasual_Slider_01.jpg

BoysPage_Left_01.jpg

Boys_Slider_01.jpg

http://www.polo.co.za/

Its funny cause you wont catch these dudes rockin polos without the horse on em.

Rich mugs cop the $300 purple label polo shirt with no logo fa "the quality"

you cop the $30 polo with the horse fa the birds #poor

Originally Posted by cartune

Its funny cause you wont catch these dudes rockin polos without the horse on em.

This is true to a certain extent though 
laugh.gif

These hood rich dudes will not touch LV unless its monogram or Gucci if it doesnt have the interlocking G's, Burberry without the plaid, etc.
It's like if the rest of the world doesn't know what they have on / how much they spent on it, it's an L in their book.

Usually gaudy patterns and branding is a turn off for me though.

Originally Posted by tree4twenty

LOL. I don't wear either of them, but the situation reminds me of the guy that brags how he can drink you under the table...ok, I spend $20 and get a buzz while you pay you're $200 tab...

People bragging that they spend twice as money much on clothes just so other people don't think they are poor..

I dont think anyone in this thread mentioned anything about how much they pay for their clothes, other than the ppl trying to force the footlocker shirts on us

Did you read or are you just  making an assumption?

Originally Posted by NiceLikeChrist

Originally Posted by cartune

This is true to a certain extent though 
laugh.gif

These hood rich dudes will not touch LV unless its monogram or Gucci if it doesnt have the interlocking G's, Burberry without the plaid, etc.
It's like if the rest of the world doesn't know what they have on / how much they spent on it, it's an L in their book.

Usually gaudy patterns and branding is a turn off for me though.

spookier much truth... and even when they cop a label less polo, they'll remind you...I laugh super hard when someone say "is this aight what I got on?" Then the other person say, its a Polo right? You good" lulz...

Originally Posted by FedExciter

Originally Posted by tree4twenty

I dont think anyone in this thread mentioned anything about how much they pay for their clothes, other than the ppl trying to force the footlocker shirts on us

Did you read or are you just  making an assumption?
uspa is for poor people.
$60 to $70 !@#% ^*)$) beat it
wouldn't be caught dead with that jockey with the extra big whip on the horse on my polo
laugh.gif
  ralph lauren >
Why disrespect your body like that?
My moms bought me a USPA shirt with the big sign, I threw that joint behind the bed with the quickness.
you're poor.
if you live in the South you could probably pull USPA off, but anywhere else it's a no go.
Superficial mentality is the difference between them, and I own a lot of Ralph Lauren
One is a Hyundai the other is a Ferrari
sir as a Ralph Lauren buyer you have slightly offended me.
About $42/polo shirt.
Why disrespect your body like that?

This I have no further comment I got pissed off when I saw the thread title
Ive never owned a USPA shirt (humble brag)?
This is what I read in a nutshell:

$60-$70 more expensive
$42 more per shirt
It is for poor people
Mom bought me 1 and I hid it
Wouldnt be caught dead in it

I took those statements and made a comment that read:

Was I not accurate?

Originally Posted by ColdCity

fam just mega quoted to prove his point
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

obama-not-bad-face.jpg

bumpity bump bump
dude went in and has a very valid point.
^^^no dambs were given by that brand up there either
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Kareem the Dream

Yes its shallow, but thats the world we live in. RL is the STANDARD and USPA is clearly below that standard. 
Rockin USPA has almost become social suicide. I sure as hell am not gettin caught in the same aisle in the store with them 
laugh.gif

USPA knocks off RL designs. I dnt know about ya, but i dnt need like 3 jockeys on one horse, wavin flags and %^&# 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

these brands aren't what they used to be. polo by ralph lauren used to be creme of thhe crop. now it's very common as they've created a more couture line for upper echelons.

Originally Posted by SoVerSoTowel

Originally Posted by ColdCity

fam just mega quoted to prove his point
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

obama-not-bad-face.jpg

bumpity bump bump
dude went in and has a very valid point.
^^^no dambs were given by that brand up there either
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Funny thing is, I had quoted like twice as much as that and I accidentally closed the tab when switching back and forth...

Sat here for a min with the
indifferent.gif
No way I was going through every page again...

What I want to know is when RL Polo started making shirts with the GIANT polo embroidery. I remember wearing RL Polo, Hilfiger, Nautica when I was in HS and my early college years, the branding on most was subtle (except for Hilfiger that dude loved putting his name and logo all over his shirts) now when I'm in a clothing store I occasionally check out RL Polo and a lot of things have the god awful giant logo. For my money and every day business casual work shirt wear, I usually grab stuff from Cremieux, the shirts are almost always on sale and they have very conservative branding so I don't look like a walking billboard at work.

Edit: Not everything uses the big logo, but just seeing it makes me think they're marketing to people that want everyone to know what they're wearing, and I get funny looks when I go to the shops that carry Purple Label.

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

Yeah RL has had people jockin his style for years....
polo.jpg

These guys take the cake...it's an actual brand that has been registered called "Polo"they just swapped the logo around.

MensCasual_Slider_01.jpg

BoysPage_Left_01.jpg

Boys_Slider_01.jpg

http://www.polo.co.za/
ralph lauren can't legally sell polo in that country cuz they got it da TM.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
at dude upping this. I was a bit upset a certain NTer never responded. Dude wears so much Polo he may as well be the new mascot, although I guess you'd have to find a super diesel, roided up horse for him to ride without snapping its back

If Polo existed before Ralph Lauren, but Ralph Lauren invented the polo shirt, what did they wear in polo matches before RL invented the polo shirt?

Back
Top Bottom