• Both!

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • None!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • O.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't see why people are hyped over a near 30 year old system. Like yea it's cool but new games are so much better. I had the majority of these games to as a kid and if anybody should have the nostalgia factor it would be me, but I know damn well I will barely play and get bored with it fast. Super Nintendo or sega with all the good games and I'd be hyped tho.

Could be the hype factor, I feel the same way, its cool and wont mind buying it but after a month i prolly wont touch it again, imo its mainly for ppl that think the new generation of gaming is too much to handle (online, updates, graphics, price point)

Im waiting for more info on that switch :pimp:

Last edited:

I was hoping for a Pro controller bundle but I know Nintendo don't rock like that :lol:

Hopefully Zelda doesn't get delayed and Super Mario Sunshine is a launch VC game.

Last edited:
Good to know there shouldn't be a delay. All I need to know is the launch titles and future release dates. That way I can know when I wanna pick this up.

Gave a Mini as a gift and we set it up and played it a bit last weekend.. cords on these things are disrespectfully short man :smh:

For those wondering why there is so much hype for the NES mini don't realize how big of an impact that console had in America. Nintendo was synonymous with video games in the 80's and most of the 90's. Sure there were consoles that came after that sold more and arguably had better games, but no other console had the impact of the original NES. It was the first and that caries alot of weight. The games were iconic and still hold up today. Not only that, it's revolutionary graphics, sound, and controls will never be duplicated.

Also it's only $60 and had perfect ports of many of the classics. The problem is Nintendo themselves didn't know this. Their marketing in America is terrible IMO. For them not to realize the demand for this device has me :smh:

As for the Switch, I'm still hyped for it and will definitely be pre-ordering. So far most of the rumors has been positive.

Voice Chat... CHECK
Streamlined online interface by DeNA... CHECK
GameCube Virtual Console games by NERD... CHECK
Better 3rd Party... CHECK

Still a little disappointed Nintendo is not offering more in terms of power, BUT if that doesn't hinder them from getting MOST 3rd party games I'm cool. Not to mention Nintendo doesn't have to split their resources on 2 platforms anymore. All of their games will be on this one device. That's the major key IMO...

Last edited:
I wonder how they'd choose games for an SNES mini. There's just way too many classics on that machine.

SNES mini....

Can't wait if it happens.

Mario Cart, Star Fox, Super Street Fighter 2, Super Punch Out and Super Mario ALL have to be on there.

SNES mini....

Can't wait if it happens.

Mario Cart, Star Fox, Super Street Fighter 2, Super Punch Out and Super Mario ALL have to be on there.

Must haves. Plus super metroid, chrono trigger, donkey kong, castlevania, NBA jam, Zelda and goldeneye

i never had an snes growing up and had to go to my friends house to play it.... so ya i will definitely be copping if it is indeed available at some point... and yeah the nes was what started it all for video games... it wasnt the original there was systems before it but none had the impact of the OG nintendo and the SNES followed up after... the n64 was pretty good too... i just wish the classic mini nes was more accessible so more people can cop including myself

What's the issue between R* and Nintendo?

This is just conjecture, but I think it because they clash philosophically. Many Western 3rd parties don't rock with Nintendo because of their corporate philosophy. They are customer focused and think of their games as products. Nintendo doesn't put a lot of emphasis on games being art. They value craftsmanship and the delivery of a great product for everyone to be able to use. Great game play is very important.

On the other hand, Western developers view their games as art and are typically story driven. Most times this "art" can be dark or gory and back in the day Nintendo viewed that as a big no no. They felt these types of games were superfluous and basically made the "block hot" for the still growing industry.

This is why Nintendo implemented very strict licensing fees during the 80's and 90's to control the content that went on their platforms. This angered the "capitalists" in the West and R* was one of those developers who were affected by this. In 94-95, Sony enabled R* to thrive with the cheaper licensing fees and welcomed the adult content and image.

In short, R* doesn't trust Nintendo. But at the end of the day if it makes money it makes sense. If R* can make a ton of money on the Switch they will put their games on the platform. The Switch has to sell well and Mature content has to have a track record of success on the Switch for it to happen.

Last edited:
For you guys that only play Nintendo, are you going to support 3rd party games? I couldn't imagine playing Red Dead on Nintendo :lol:

For you guys that only play Nintendo, are you going to support 3rd party games? I couldn't imagine playing Red Dead on Nintendo :lol:

Many people couldn't imagine playing Sonic outside of Sega consoles or playing MegaMan/Final Fantasy on non-Nintendo consoles. So never say never in when it comes to games.

I think the Switch will capture a wide audience of gamers becasue of the console's utility. So I think 3rd party games will fine on the platform. The only way I see 3rd party games suffering is if the content is not comparable to what you can find on competing hardware. And by content, I mean full features and functionality. Sure the graphics may not be as sharp, but the trade off will be portability.

With that said, 3rd party support has always been solid for their handhelds. Lets not forget the 3DS is the highest selling platform in Japan right now. It's even more popular than the PS4, so it only makes sense to support the Switch. Japanese 3rd parties are doubling down with the Switch. Square-Enix, Capcom, Atlus, Sega, etc are all there ready to drop games for the platform.

Back
Top Bottom