• Both!

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • None!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • O.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That's what I think will hinder a lot of 3rd party devs. Look at games like GTA V, Witcher 3 and their open worlds. These games are already a pain to develop for PS4/X1, how are they gonna develop on something less powerful and even less powerful when it's not docked. Do you think Nintendo will allow devs to make games with an option to not use the portability?

That's what I think will hinder a lot of 3rd party devs. Look at games like GTA V, Witcher 3 and their open worlds. These games are already a pain to develop for PS4/X1, how are they gonna develop on something less powerful and even less powerful when it's not docked. Do you think Nintendo will allow devs to make games with an option to not use the portability?

According to rumors, the Switch has all of the processing power in the handheld piece. The dock has a USB Type-C setup that over-clocks the device when plugged in. It is not adding any additional computing or processing power. Think of when you have your laptop plugged in versus when you have it using battery power. So when you're running the Switch in portable mode it'll probably be running games at 720P and while it's docked it should be 1080P.

Plus Nvidia has confirmed that the Switch is compatible with all of the newest gaming engines (i.e. Unreal Engine 4, Vulkan, etc.) And Eurogamer has stated the Switch will be using the console versions of these engines... Not the portable versions as many have stated. Plus they say the device is great at running open world games.

And we've already heard from many sources they Switch is easy to port games to. All I'm saying is if these rumors are true there should be no major hardware issues keeping most 3rd party games from the Switch.

Last edited:
What's the issue between R* and Nintendo?

This is just conjecture, but I think it because they clash philosophically. Many Western 3rd parties don't rock with Nintendo because of their corporate philosophy. They are customer focused and think of their games as products. Nintendo doesn't put a lot of emphasis on games being art. They value craftsmanship and the delivery of a great product for everyone to be able to use. Great game play is very important.

On the other hand, Western developers view their games as art and are typically story driven. Most times this "art" can be dark or gory and back in the day Nintendo viewed that as a big no no. They felt these types of games were superfluous and basically made the "block hot" for the still growing industry.

This is why Nintendo implemented very strict licensing fees during the 80's and 90's to control the content that went on their platforms. This angered the "capitalists" in the West and R* was one of those developers who were affected by this. In 94-95, Sony enabled R* to thrive with the cheaper licensing fees and welcomed the adult content and image.

In short, R* doesn't trust Nintendo. But at the end of the day if it makes money it makes sense. If R* can make a ton of money on the Switch they will put their games on the platform. The Switch has to sell well and Mature content has to have a track record of success on the Switch for it to happen.

Oh, i see. Thanks.

Well that's where Nintendo lucks out. Games for the non 4K less powerful Versions of the xb1 and ps4 are still being developed for the foreseeable future so producing games based on power won't be a problem because the switch can compare with those systems as far as performance goes.

Xenoblade did fine. I don't need awesome graphics to make the game fun. I'm here for the interface of the system

I think there will be even more madness if a SNES mini is released.

I'm currently playing Super Mario World and TMNT: Turtles in Time on an emulator...This should hold me over lol.

Picked up the new Pokémon to try and relive my childhood.....you have to feed and pet them now ? :lol: foh

I might be better off buying one of the older ones.

Has anyone purchased this? Pretty good price

Aren't the games in japanese in the super Famicom? I guess it really wouldn't matter as most of those games are straight forward but for something like Final Fantasy, you'd need to be able to read.

Aren't the games in japanese in the super Famicom? I guess it really wouldn't matter as most of those games are straight forward but for something like Final Fantasy, you'd need to be able to read.
You can just change the language in the settings though

Back
Top Bottom