no one should have a billion dollars. no, not him either.

no one should have a billion dollars.

we can dance around the economics of the matter until the drones come home, but just no.

yeah, easy for me to say right? if I even get one comma in my bank account, it's a good day, lol @ me.

still, I mean, one billion tho. a thousand million anything.

a million seconds is less than 2 weeks. a billion seconds is damn near 32 years.

pulling in about 100 racks a year, you would have literally had to be working since the Stone Age to earn one billion dollars.

like, okay, some people are--indisputably--more valuable to humanity than others. oh, it’s true.

some are smarter, some work harder, some manage relationships better, some know how to fix ****, super important.

...but is what any one person does equivalent to the efforts of thousands of individuals with time on their hands?

I mean, some genius designed the first bulldozer, and they should have been rewarded for it.

...but enough functional human bodies built the pyramids. (luckily labor laws have mostly improved, but still.)

so, nobody got a billion dollars by playing fair...at absolute best, you’re the kid who crawls up the Skee-Ball machine and dropped the balls directly into the 100 hole.

sure, it’s savvy...but is it the root of a sustainable society?

if money is the power to make decisions, at that scale you can make decisions for an entire population.

do we want that kid running our world?

lookit, let’s run a thought experiment.

The Planet has a human population of 8 bil, give or take, right?

so if one person can be as valuable as a billion, then 8 should be able to keep things running, yeah?

like, go ahead, pick an All-Sapes team....the best there is, the best there was, all that.

Aristotle, Einstein, Banneker, Salk, DaVinci, Tesla, Pythagoras...pick your favorites.

even throw Historical Jesus--the man whose good ideas endured so long that we know exactly how many years it has been since he died--in the 8th slot.

**** it, I’ll give you Kissinger or somebody as a coach/GM.

all dudes with more vision, breadth of knowledge, and raw mental horsepower than almost anyone living or dead.

put these 9 people on Earth right now with our current tools, take the rest of us off, and I bet both my typing fingers that they couldn’t even keep the lights on.

they just might never see 2020.

no one, not one single soul to ever draw breath, is even one billion times as valuable as the next man.

Last edited:
Someone didn’t reach that childhood goal.....

I’m broke. But no one would know it, cause I carry myself with CONFIDENCE and I don’t give a flying f**** about people’s opinions.

blame your society’s obsession with material and wealth. :lol: :lol: :lol:

until then, go clock back in and shut up

people can have w/e they want and earned.

fair, I shared my perspective and it is your right to share yours.

nice write up, I enjoyed reading this

much appreciated cousin.

Someone didn’t reach that childhood goal.....

I’m broke. But no one would know it, cause I carry myself with CONFIDENCE and I don’t give a flying f**** about people’s opinions.

blame your society’s obsession with material and wealth. :lol: :lol: :lol:

until then, go clock back in and shut up

no one kicked you, and yet you yelp. I hope your day goes better from here.

I honestly think i would be giving away racks on the daily. I mean that’s world changing money right there. Buy yourself Into presidency. I would love to be fixing up the hoods and people in need.
stop wanting the world to feel sorry for you, you’re indebted to the world. Not the other way around.

You aren’t owed anything bro.

I have way more than what I've "earned," being born in a fully developed nation and speaking the world's most profitable language as a native tongue. me myself, AJ, I am all good, and content with my current lifestyle.

it's just something I think about in my ample spare time and I thought this would make for an interesting topic of discussion among this subset of society...Ben Franklin dropping "Common Sense," I ain't.

yeah tho I think we've exchanged all the ideas we're going to at this time, so the last word is yours my guy.

Tbh, I feel Ike you or anyone else that feels this way just feels that way because they believe they’ll never have a billion.

Imagine if you came up with a product of passion that truly help civilization, it started to take off and you came up another idea, that could help even more, that would cost hundreds of millions of dollars and some sob tells you, “no one should ever have a billion dollars..”

we can dance around the economics of the matter until the drones come home, but just no.

yeah, easy for me to say right? if I even get one comma in my bank account, it's a good day, lol @ me.

still, I mean, one billion tho. a thousand million anything.

a million seconds is less than 2 weeks. a billion seconds is damn near 32 years.

pulling in about 100 racks a year, you would have literally had to be working since the Stone Age to earn one billion dollars.

like, okay, some people are--indisputably--more valuable to humanity than others. oh, it’s true.

some are smarter, some work harder, some manage relationships better, some know how to fix ****, super important.

...but is what any one person does equivalent to the efforts of thousands of individuals with time on their hands?

I mean, some genius designed the first bulldozer, and they should have been rewarded for it.

...but enough functional human bodies built the pyramids. (luckily labor laws have mostly improved, but still.)

so, nobody got a billion dollars by playing fair...at absolute best, you’re the kid who crawls up the Skee-Ball machine and dropped the balls directly into the 100 hole.

sure, it’s savvy...but is it the root of a sustainable society?

if money is the power to make decisions, at that scale you can make decisions for an entire population.

do we want that kid running our world?

lookit, let’s run a thought experiment.

The Planet has a human population of 8 bil, give or take, right?

so if one person can be as valuable as a billion, then 8 should be able to keep things running, yeah?

like, go ahead, pick an All-Sapes team....the best there is, the best there was, all that.

Aristotle, Einstein, Banneker, Salk, DaVinci, Tesla, Pythagoras...pick your favorites.

even throw Historical Jesus--the man whose good ideas endured so long that we know exactly how many years it has been since he died--in the 8th slot.

**** it, I’ll give you Kissinger or somebody as a coach/GM.

all dudes with more vision, breadth of knowledge, and raw mental horsepower than almost anyone living or dead.

put these 9 people on Earth right now with our current tools, take the rest of us off, and I bet both my typing fingers that they couldn’t even keep the lights on.

they just might never see 2020.

no one, not one single soul to ever draw breath, is even one billion times as valuable as the next man.

My views on modern currency is similar to my views on guns. It shouldn't be a thing, but since it is and is a necessity I can't agree w/ this. I want to, but then again if it wasn't money then it would be something else that we as a species would hold in high regard. I do believe that you are worth what ppl are willing to buy into, and if it's a billion then it's a billion.

But why stop at a billion? Just cause it’s a nice sounding number? Isn’t 50 million already gross abundance?

admittedly, yes...because it's a nice round number.

still, if I got one billion dollars for my birthday, somehow only got 10 percent interest on the account, and do absolutely nothing but spend 200k a day over the next 10 years, guess how much money I'd have left?

about one and a half billion dollars.

something about that is highly askew.

Tbh, I feel Ike you or anyone else that feels this way just feels that way because they believe they’ll never have a billion.

Imagine if you came up with a product of passion that truly help civilization, it started to take off and you came up another idea, that could help even more, that would cost hundreds of millions of dollars and some sob tells you, “no one should ever have a billion dollars..”

that's untrue, and I covered that in the OP...every innovator stands on thousands of shoulders.

...or did Henry Ford also invent the combustion engine?

The existence of billionaires when people are starving, homeless and in abject debt is a moral failure of society.
You want to truly help civilization? Pay your ****ing taxes and donate to the less needy instead of hoarding wealth.
No one earns a billion. They exploit it. Tax evasion. Monopolization. Gross wage inequality between execs and employees.
And best of all political influence through lobbying and donations aka legalized bribes, to get away with it all.

The existence of billionaires when people are starving, homeless and in abject debt is a moral failure of society.
You want to truly help civilization? Pay your ****ing taxes and donate to the less needy instead of hoarding wealth.
No one earns a billion. They exploit it. Tax evasion. Monopolization. Gross wage inequality between execs and employees.
And best of all political influence through lobbying and donations aka legalized bribes, to get away with it all.

the idea is more "in an equitably designed society, would there even be room for billion dollar fortunes?"

if workers were adequately compensated, if taxes were properly collected, if entire nations weren't exploited?

takes a good bit of imagination to come up with a "yes."

I have way more than what I've "earned," being born in a fully developed nation and speaking the world's most profitable language as a native tongue. me myself, AJ, I am all good, and content with my current lifestyle.

it's just something I think about in my ample spare time and I thought this would make for an interesting topic of discussion among this subset of society...Ben Franklin dropping "Common Sense," I ain't.

yeah tho I think we've exchanged all the ideas we're going to at this time, so the last word is yours my guy.
*Thomas Paine

*Thomas Paine

:lol::lol: ooh yeah I did **** that one up, I just read Franklin's "Advice on Choosing a Mistress" and had him on the brain, thanks for correcting me...can't be misquoting the mixtapes.

ya know what, I'm even gonna leave it so no one thinks I'm always right about everything...especially not me.

Back
Top Bottom