Not so legal advice

Hi NT,

I have recently gone through a break up here in California. We moved into my parents house recently before the break up and it just didn't work out. Can my parents or I kick my ex out on any legal grounds? Do I need to give her a 30 day notice? It's my parents home and she isn't on any paperwork and never paid a cent for rent. What grounds would I have to kick her out as soon as possible?

Hi NT,

I have recently gone through a break up here in California. We moved into my parents house recently before the break up and it just didn't work out. Can my parents or I kick my ex out on any legal grounds? Do I need to give her a 30 day notice? It's my parents home and she isn't on any paperwork and never paid a cent for rent. What grounds would I have to kick her out as soon as possible?
What are you 18? Younger?

Pack her **** for her and tell her to be gone

Simple

I mean damb, imagine if she stayed though! Not paying rent. Using your moms make-up. Eating your dad's food. Bringin new dudes to the crib. Turn in' it into a trap house, etc. etc.

Just of the strength of that alone, id give her a month just too see how bold she really is....

She stayed here for 6 months and she did have her mail coming here.No not a young dude. We're in our mid 20s and we moved in shortly to save and go out of state. I'm just being very cautious because her fathers a lawyer. I've already tried kicking her out but she tells me legally my parents need to give her a written 30 day notice. She doesn't even sleep here unless her new dude is out and it's convenient for her.

You moved in for free

You guys didn't purchase or rent the place in her name or anything...

Legally, can't has no rights and can't do anything about it so

Kick her out, just like your parents can kick you out anytime they want with no repercussions

You moved in for free

You guys didn't purchase or rent the place in her name or anything...

Legally, can't has no rights and can't do anything about it so

Kick her out, just like your parents can kick you out anytime they want with no repercussions

That's my whole take on this but it's her throwing around the legal card that's making me proceed with caution.

Just got off the phone with her and said we're serving her a 30 day notice. All her stuffs going in the garage until then. She can live in the living room if she wants.

If she's not a home owner of that property, then your parents can call the police and consider her a trespasser for not leaving when asked.

Simple as that I believe.

I don't believe you need to give her a 30 day notice as there is no lease signed and she is not paying anything. There was no agreement worked out between the parties.

The facts are, your parents own the house (or it's under their names), and it's their property. They can dictate who can be there and who cannot. Anyone there against their will are considered trespassers.

Please note, all of my advice is not legal in any way.. I'm going off of my knowledge.

I would just kick her out ASAP. Unless she needs time to find a place to live.

Did you say she stays at her new mans crib when it's convenient for her. Wut? She's borderline playing you.

She stayed here for 6 months and she did have her mail coming here.No not a young dude. We're in our mid 20s and we moved in shortly to save and go out of state. I'm just being very cautious because her fathers a lawyer. I've already tried kicking her out but she tells me legally my parents need to give her a written 30 day notice. She doesn't even sleep here unless her new dude is out and it's convenient for her.

What you going to do when she bring her new dude over [emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji]

Yea it seems to me you should just give her the 30 day notice and proceed from there

the "my dad is a lawyer" thing is sounding like intimidation since she's not on the paperwork and never paid to stay there.

honestly if you google the laws in your state you'll get a quick answer as to what your options are.

You Should get a new family cat that likes to pee on clothes...that scent does not come out easy.

If she's not a home owner of that property, then your parents can call the police and consider her a trespasser for not leaving when asked.

Simple as that I believe.

Wrong, if she is receiving mail there then she is not by definition a trespasser.

Back
Top Bottom