NT Are You A Patriotic American?

As a guy from Africa, I never understood this logic or question. Go back to a place you've never been to, don't know the language and likely have no immediate family? How is this even an option?
As an American I never understood the logic of not accepting your country of origin. If someone feels that strongly about America, why not take a DNA test? Discover your "native" language and move there. Why continue to stay here and not contribute to making America a great country?

As a tax paying natural-born citizen it's your right.

Last edited:
Slaves solely built the laws and mandates you abide by to live here too?

When you say "built this country" you need to be more specific with your question unless you want to keep responding to answers with more questions.

The presence of slaves had an influence on the institution of American government. It'd be unwise to suggest that when the laws were being made, and norms were being established, slaves were not even considered.

Only when it comes to soccer and the Olympics. Outside of that, I can't stand 95% of this country, so no

The presence of slaves had an influence on the institution of American government. It'd be unwise to suggest that when the laws were being made, and norms were being established, slaves were not even considered.
I agree, the country was built upon enforcing the Declaration of Independence and U.S. Constitution. With that being said the American institution of government was built by choice, not the illusion of it.

I'll play along.

No.

I love the planet and feel a responsibility to defend, protect and nurture the planet and it's inhabitants.

Not illusory "countries" of stolen land masses or illusory races or illusory nationalities of people.

America is an idea. Not a country.

Last edited:
Why are are you answering questions with questions
laugh.gif
Three pages later not many people are answering a straight forward question. I just entertained their responses by asking why.

Last edited:
Are you patriotic OP?
To some degree, yes. Do I have a strong sense of love and devotion to American ideals? To the land and some of its 300 million occupants? Yes.
But he have serious work to do as a generation.

Last edited:
It's still unclear as to what you were hoping to get out of this thread.

Was it just simply an act of curiosity?

Last edited:
It's still unclear as to what you were hoping to get out of this thread.

Was it just simply an act of curiosity?
Yeah, just want to know. With election coming up, who is actually patriotic enough to take action and defend "their" country? Who's patriotic enough where they won't take any action as to express protest? Who doesn't care anyway? This is general, so I was asking in general. Who feels patriotic, why or why not?

Don't really care.

I just happened to be born here.

All breaks loose in America? New Zealand seems alright. 

Yeah, just want to know. With election coming up, who is actually patriotic enough to take action and defend "their" country? Who's patriotic enough where they won't take any action as to express protest? Who doesn't care anyway? This is general, so I was asking in general. Who feels patriotic, why or why not?

Defend their country from whom? A domestic threat?

And why is this election particularly important in the matter?

Last edited:
No, not a patriot for the simple fact this country has showed on multiple occasions it doesn't care very much about people who look like me. I love my family and friends, but I have no specific ties to this place or it's ideals.

What I will say is I recognize it's better than a LOT of other countries. However, a lot of improvement needs to be made before I would consider myself patriotic.

I like America at it's best, but there are tons of things that can be fixed. I'm somewhat patriotic which means I will defend this country's ideals if someone invaded.

Last edited:
I'm split. These were the cards I was dealt with. Wasn't my choice to be a citizen. Will forever put my ethnicity/culture before American though.

these politics/bureaucracy we have here are a trip when I empathize and go through the struggles we have here.

Back
Top Bottom