NT Are You A Patriotic American?

Am I a patriot? Absolutely not.

Do I categorically love my country? I feel very conflicted attempting to answer that which is obviously am answer in and of it self. No.

Am I grateful for the benefits and opportunities being a citizen of this country has afforded me, very much so.

Last edited:
Considering my family came from a third world communist country, I'm grateful for the opportunities and "American dream" that we got a shot at here.

Yes I am.

We aren't perfect but we are the most perfect of any of the others on the planet.

I'm def not, can't wait to figure out my situation so I can settle out on a beach front property in Punta Cana, DR.

The American Dream, doesn't reside on US soil anymore.

DR > NY??

My idea of how I wanna live in DR, YES.

In NY I'm gonna be a slave to my profession just waiting on retirement, in DR there is an opportunity for my business to grow and call my own shots while sipping on some drinks on the beach, I just need to grow the balls to make the move.

Dude is acting like America is the only country people want to immigrate to. :lol: Europe has a huge immigration problem now, swarms of people are coming in from Africa and the middle east.

Out of all the developed countries, the U.S.A is literally the worst.

Please quote where I said the US is the only country people want to immigrate to. I'll wait.

Nope.

I'm only here at this point because my family is here. If not for that I'd be an unrestricted free agent, looking to take my talents to various beaches abroad.

It's not that I don't want this country to be better. It's not that I don't want to see change. I just don't believe in this country anymore. I don't believe America will ever change.

The way this country is built, its economy, we're never going to see the fall of the American war machine. We're plugged into the Matrix and there ain't no red pill in sight.
Excellent post.

I might have a skewed view though because I'm from the northeast where everything disgusting about this country is compounded and everyone just seems miserable for the most part.

Wouldn't mind getting my s*** together and moving to some place like Colombia.

You brought it up to prove why the U.S. is number one, I countered by telling you that the U.S. is not the only country people want to go to so that statement doesn't make them number 1. There are parts of this country that are literally like a third world country. There are places in this country with HIV rates that rival subsaharan Africa, so miss me with the US is number 1 nonsense. You sound like you just came back from a Trump rally.

No I didn't. I responded to the post saying we are hated around the world, and I said we can't be that hated bc people are dying to get in here.

No doubt we have issues, look who's been in charge the past 8 years. And those places in terrible shape like Detroit, Baltimore, New Orleans, crime ridden parts of Chicago, have all been run by leftists for decades.

I was speaking more historically, the US has not been perfect but we have been a force for good overall. You'd all be speaking German or Japanese and living under a dictatorship right now if it wasn't for the US.

Back
Top Bottom