NT: Buyers who flake on NT need to be penalized or something (PICS)

I never heard from him again. This ALWAYS happen. Guys have me retake 10 pictures of a shoe only for them to never respond. I sometimes try to be a good guy and help out NT by buying up shoes that I know we'll personally want for our collections and I sell for next to nothing with no real personal gain yet this crap happens. It makes selling on NT a total joke.

Perhaps introduce a "contract" form or something. Nothing fancy, just a form that the buyer fills out if he commits to buying. If he doesn't fill out the form, I don't feel obligated to hold the shoe for any length of time and will sell to whoever fills out the form first. However, if he fills out the form and flakes, it'll go on his record. 2 of these and he should be banned from buying for 90 days. 2 more and he should be banned from buying on NT altogether.

I understand things come up. Hell, it's happened to me before where I committed to buying then car broke down and had to use the money elsewhere. However, I alerted the seller and explained the situation in detail. This drop dead act these clowns do is rather annoying and inconvenient.

#VentOver

#GotThatOffMyChest

NT isn't your personal buy sell outlet though but I get what your saying. Flakers are part of buying and selling. I can tolerate them on a site like this where it's free to sell and i'm not paying fees but their a pain to deal with. 

If the shoes are ds, i wouldn't even bother taking more pics. If you take detailed pics and are upfront and honest about your description it's no need to waste your time taking more pics of an item unless it's a long term regular buyer.

Now ebay, that's a whole other thing. A bid is a contract and not paying bidders who waste a sellers time bidding on an auction they have no intention of paying for should be dealt with accordingly. I could tolerate flakers on here and just charge it to the game, but when I list items on ebay as auctions and some 0 feedback deadbeat wins and then plays games my jimmies are rustled. 

i find that most of the time, the ppl who i end up selling to dont ask for more pics or a list of demands. 

Unrelated but you called him a flake after only ~half an hr of no response on the 21st? cmon son

FOH

Acting like dude really truly deeply wronged you or something.

Talking about dudes should be contractually obligated to send you their money just because you send a couple of messages negotiating. :lol:

i find that most of the time, the ppl who i end up selling to dont ask for more pics or a list of demands. 

Unrelated but you called him a flake after only ~half an hr of no response on the 21st? cmon son

Dude sounded hurt from the jump. You obviously have a problem selling sneakers on NT, if you don't like it find another avenue to make your little profit.

Last edited:
It just cracks me up that someone on here based their screen name off of JP Morgan & Chase's CEO. It's why I love this place :lol:

Buyers flaking or not really being serious in the 1st place doesn't bothered me

But the people who ask for your phone # just to go back and forth about nothing then go MIA :smh: :lol:

Last edited:

NT isn't your personal buy sell outlet though but I get what your saying. Flakers are part of buying and selling. I can tolerate them on a site like this where it's free to sell and i'm not paying fees but their a pain to deal with. 

If the shoes are ds, i wouldn't even bother taking more pics. If you take detailed pics and are upfront and honest about your description it's no need to waste your time taking more pics of an item unless it's a long term regular buyer.

Now ebay, that's a whole other thing. A bid is a contract and not paying bidders who waste a sellers time bidding on an auction they have no intention of paying for should be dealt with accordingly. I could tolerate flakers on here and just charge it to the game, but when I list items on ebay as auctions and some 0 feedback deadbeat wins and then plays games my jimmies are rustled. 
Thank you for a sensible reply. You're absolutely right and raise one heck of a point, no matter how annoying this is and sometimes inconvenient, NT is free and for that I have little room to complain. The same site I'm complaining about has also been my outlet to move quite a few items. Guess I'll just deal with it but man, it's overly aggravating.

I hate when the shoe is DS and they ask for more detailed pics and then flake on you. I don't know what the correct penalty is but I completely agree with everything you posted!

I hate when the shoe is DS and they ask for more detailed pics and then flake on you. I don't know what the correct penalty is but I completely agree with everything you posted!

If the shoes are ds why even waste your time taking extra pics for. Its no need to if the shoes are ds

I tell them the shoes are DS, i will not be taking more pics. If that rustles their jimmies, so be it.

Why did you accuse him of flaking just 36 minutes after you confirmed you had PayPal?

He might have flaked in the end, but there's no way you could have predicted at that point in the conversation unless I'm missing something.

I actually like OP's concept. Flakers should be penalized somehow. Not sure if his proposed system is the best way to go about it, but I like the principle.

I like the idea, but the folks in charge will remind you that you don't give them a % for what you list/sell on NT. So there is absolutely no incentive (literally or figuratively) to change the way things are done.

I'm trying to figure out how OP has been here since 2001 and is just now making a post complaining about this. This happens to every single person who sells shoes online, all the time, for about the last ten years.

"Enough is enough and it's time for a change!"

Nothing you can do about it OP. It's apart of the business. The worse is Craigslist. Dude says he wants them and to hold it for him till tomorrow. The next day comes and guy can't even respond to anything. I always ask for courtesy atleast from prospect buyers if they're planning on backing out. Why all that back and forth chatter to only stop responding.

OP I need a connect like you, retail+shipping is a rarity these days. Also, flaking is part of the culture, sad but true, life can get in the way sometimes.

Last edited by a moderator:
How does everyone get away with modifying the USPS medium flat rate box without trouble? I did it a few times and every time I went to the post office, dudes was like, "nah you can't modify the box  out of the dimensions and we can't ship that" (they ended up shipping it every time anyways though).

Back
Top Bottom