NT Runners and Running Gear Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How cold does it get in your area?

An alternative would be some cold gear tights. Almost all brands are making them now.

I'm in the philly area.

I already have some nike tights but I wanted an actual track pant I could use. Probably even layer it over and use the tights as a base.
I seen that nike has a "Y20" pant but don't know if it's worth the $85.

Last edited:
Man I went running when it was cold and it felt like my chest was on fire. Then again i'm not much of a runner.

I might just cop some soccer training pants from adidas since the taper looks good on those.
Yeah I run in some compression pants from eastbay. They're cheap but they more than do the job. I've got their cold weather mocks as well and they're amazing. I would highly suggest getting eastbay's evapor gear to anyone.

how is the fit on those cold weather mocks? I ordered a couple along with the cold weather compression tights. Hoping I got the right size :rolleyes

Been running an average of 3 miles every other day. Started to feel in my groin area anyone ever get this?

I wear Under Armour Compression shirts every run but usually with a cotton maytee over it, usually some sleeveless Nike or Champion I got on sale at Macys or the Outlets.

The compression changes from Heatgear to Coldgear and shorts sleeves to long sleeves depending on the weather/temperature. When it is cold enough I also add in a windrunner, I am in SoCal though so it doesn't really get very cold here.

With that said, anybody wears layer at times just so you can sweat intensively? I don't like it all the times but sometimes I just want to really sweat my a** off so I wear a hoody even when it isn't that cold just so that I am soaking wet after my run and it just feels good. Am I the only one?

If you really trying to sweat before you run just run Abolene on yourself before you run. You can get get it at CVS, it comes in a white can. Only problem is you may sweat for the rest of the day.

Went to the store to pick up a pair of the Brooks Ghost 7, but they had a sale on the Glycerin 12. Tried those on and they felt more comfortable.

Took them out for a quick run and the first impression is solid. First pair of Brooks I ever owned!

Brooks makes some quality products. I have flat feet and used the Brooks Beast for years.

I'm going to check out the Beast 14 to see what's up. I've been using the Kayano 21 and it's been solid.

Last edited:
Been running an average of 3 miles every other day. Started to feel in my groin area anyone ever get this?
what type of shorts are you wearing? 

you letting them hang?  pause

i got some running shorts with built/sewed in compression shorts that i use, love them but no pockets though. 

just got in the eastbay evapor gear. For the price these things are nice. Definitely a good bargain.

Any shoe recommendations for slight overpronation? And anyone run in superfeet insoles? just got a pair and thinking about throwing them in my running shoes

A few questions for you guys. What do you guys eat before a run? I try to get like 300 calories in? Is that too much or too little since its only like a 4 mile jog. How bout warming up? Is it enough to foam roll then speed walk like half a mile? Thank in advance

A few questions for you guys. What do you guys eat before a run? I try to get like 300 calories in? Is that too much or too little since its only like a 4 mile jog. How bout warming up? Is it enough to foam roll then speed walk like half a mile? Thank in advance

I do fasted cardio

Foam roller, stretches and slow paced jog for about 1km and pick up the pace from there

I don't eat before I run. Don't like feeling bloated or getting cramps.

I have a foam roller. I need to use that sucker more especially since I have tendinitis in one of my knees.

Checking in on this thread. Looking to step up my running from just a treadmill warmup in the gym.

try dynamic stretching instead of static stretching. something that gets your heart rate up

So for you guys that do fasted cardio is there a drop off in energy while your running?

What do you guys do about those people who don't stay to the right on the trail? Personally I just look at them and lower my head and they get it that I'm not moving so they move.

Last edited:
Been running outdoors and think its cool as hell that Run Keeper and such apps draw a map of your route.

Running outdoors is so much better, and also feels "faster" mentally as im not constantly looking at a time or distance like on a treadmill.

Anyone try the Nike Shield Max jacket? My buddy works at Nike and could scoop me up one. If anyone has it, is it warm for NYC outdoor running and would it be suitable for everyday wear (to and from work, with a sweater under probably)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom