NT Runners and Running Gear Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just placed an order for this. Trying to find more reviews of it online.

Last edited:
I hold my iPhone 6+ when I run

Need to get something so I dont need to hold it. Scared Im gonna drop it

Why is this?

Also copped a brooks wind resistant jacket, i'm excited for my run tomorrow
I'd assume he's saying this so you don't get runner's toe (where your toenails turn black and fall off). I've always gone tts though.

Remember to go a half size up on your runners fellas

Not necessarily. I used to always grab my frees in a 10.5 and recently ive grabbed the Pegasus +30 in a 10 and fit amazing. I broke my foot in February and recently just healed, been running for about a month again (lost 40+ lbs, did a lot of spin) and am getting back into the groove. Ive never been a great runner, I consider myself average. I mainly do treadmill as it "forces" me to go whereas my will isnt as strong outdoors. May try it again thiugh as im in the best shape of my life.

Pegasus has done wonders for me. My feet dont hurt before nor after my 20 min runs. Anything similar to the Pegasus +30 from any brands? Adidas boost sounds cool but I feelI need more cushioning.

my gf is running the Philly Marathon this weekend, it'll be her 4th or 5th marathon, she did NY last year, finished in 3:59:49. She's had some injuries this year and knees are too great so she's hoping for sub 4:30.

For those asking about running shoes...I strongly strongly strongly recommend adidas Boost.

These have been getting a lot of publicity recently with runners wearing them at marathons and finishing really well.  In addition, Dennis Kimetto recently broke the Marathon World Record wearing adidas Adios Boost.

I can guarantee that these will be the most comfortable running shoe you ever put on your feet and will last longer than any other shoe...an employee at adidas ran 1600 miles in their Boost shoes. Boost is different from EVA which comes on 99% of other running shoes. Boost is a material made up of energy capsules that are fused together...it's like flubber meets the everlasting gobstopper. I truly cannot describe it unless you try it on, the shoe sells itself once you have it on your foot.

The ones I recommend would be...

Energy Boost ATR (made for cold weather conditions)

Adios Boost (the shoe Kimetto was wearing in his marathon...made for really long-distance...majority of top finishers at NYC Marathon was wearing this shoe)

Supernova Sequence Boost (stability fit)

Energy Boost 2 (same as the first one I posted, just meant not with the cold-weather features...available at a lot of Foot Lockers across the country for $79.99...50% off original price)

Climaheat Rocket Boost (another shoe made for cold weather runners...the inside of the shoe features a fleece-like material...VERY warm and comfortable)

Response Boost (the cheapest one...only 40% Boost foam on the bottom (more Boost foam=more money) available at D*ck's Sporting Goods)

...if you guys have any questions about the Boost shoes, feel free to PM me. Would be more than happy to give you guys some more info.

I've run my last 2 half marathon's The Los Angeles Half Rock N Roll Half and this past Sunday's Run Disney Avengers Super Heroes Half at Disneyland using these:

View media item 1265755
I'm thinking about trying the Hoka One One Clifton's even though they look like grandma shoes :lol: all the reviews I've seen and read on them say there are comfortable as hell and are one of the top performance running shoes.

View media item 1265756

Last edited:
I had to stop running. I have a aching pain in above my knee cap. Shoot I can't even do squats anymore. Anybody ever have this before?

I had to stop running. I have a aching pain in above my knee cap. Shoot I can't even do squats anymore. Anybody ever have this before?
Is the pain also on the sides of your knees? Kind of in a semi-circle form the top to the outside of your knee? If so you may have a tight IT band, which is a large muscle that runs the length of your thigh. You should look into buying a PVC pipe from a home improvement store, and roll out the outside of your thigh on the pipe. Will do wonders for your knee pain. 

Give this a read too: http://www.runnersworld.com/tag/itbs-iliotibial-band-syndrome

I know when I hurt my IT band I could hardly walk up stairs, the pain should clear up if you're diligent with the rolling. Best of luck!

^i recently bought a foam roller, I've used it a few times. Haven't been out running again though.

Not a hardcore runner but I've ran about 6 half marathons and a few 5K's. Run a few times a week (2-3 miles) for cardio days. Like some have mentioned, it's a good way to clear your head. As for gear, I currently run in Flyknit One's (LG 3, 4, 5's in the past) with some Nike Dri-fit shorts and tops. Doesn't get too cold here in Norcal so a longsleeve is not necessary.

I think someone mentioned it already but I highly recommend going to a running store (Roadrunners, Fleet Feet, etc...) to get your stride measured. You definitely want to make sure you're running in the correct shoes.

Is the pain also on the sides of your knees? Kind of in a semi-circle form the top to the outside of your knee? If so you may have a tight IT band, which is a large muscle that runs the length of your thigh. You should look into buying a PVC pipe from a home improvement store, and roll out the outside of your thigh on the pipe. Will do wonders for your knee pain. 

Give this a read too: http://www.runnersworld.com/tag/itbs-iliotibial-band-syndrome

I know when I hurt my IT band I could hardly walk up stairs, the pain should clear up if you're diligent with the rolling. Best of luck!
Thanks will try. Looked up some info. My symptoms resemble this condition:

http://www.methodistorthopedics.com/quadriceps-tendonitis

Last edited:
Anyone have experience with champion's C9 gear for target. I;m looking into their running hat, gloves, and maybe a fleece

-17 here in Toronto, Canada today, will be the same tomorrow

Lets see if Ill survive tomorrows run! Lol

Ran 30 miles last week on top of hitting the gym. Taking most of this week off but gonna get back on it friday with an 11 mile jaunt. Should be interesting.

Ran 30 miles last week on top of hitting the gym. Taking most of this week off but gonna get back on it friday with an 11 mile jaunt. Should be interesting.

Damn your a BEAST.

Have run a ultra marathon before ?

After I did my last half this past Sunday I took the first 2 days of this week and I'm going to hit the gym tonight the rest of week and do a 5 mile run this Saturday with my group of friends that I meet up and run with.

Nice to see a thread really started getting into running last month but this month have completely just stopped smh

Will start posting my runs

Do you guys just jump into training for marathons or do you start smaller?

I've been eyeing a few races but not sure which length to start at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom