NT... They want to collaborate!!!!

thats why im trying to get out to LA and mingle with these folks

as far as my writing abilities go im pretty confident. never wrote a script tho. 
Yeah man, with your goal, being around the right people is the single best thing you could do right now. No matter how good your script is, if no one with power sees it, it will never be made. Unless you want to crowdfund (kickstarter) but that is nearly impossible. 

So...LA, Atlanta and maybe New York are your destinations right now

Voted/Liked 
nerd.gif

Feels Goooood 
nthat.gif

Last edited:

Yeah man, with your goal, being around the right people is the single best thing you could do right now. No matter how good your script is, if no one with power sees it, it will never be made. Unless you want to crowdfund (kickstarter) but that is nearly impossible. 

So...LA, Atlanta and maybe New York are your destinations right now
im just trying to reach the masses and entertain the **** out of them fam.

but i will need a yacht and some of those girls from the slim thick thread for my hard work.

whats the score papi?

you need more votes???

@ksteezy we need your help to post this on your blog b, help this man achieve his dream
It's been two nights now and we seem to ctach up at night and get close to like 8-9 and then the next day they run off to a 30+ lead. right now we're down 31... 
tired.gif
 I believe in us though! 

I voted for your film fam, but I didn't really like it like it. Like, it had potential, but it didn't pull on the heart strings enough. I'm in the entertainment industry, and the films that really sell, that really move units, are the ones that move people. They make you feel something. They make you feel happy, or angry, sad, inspired, etc. Your film was getting me there, but it didn't have any gut punches that really pushed me over the edge. You're on the right track, I loved the scenes you picked, they really convey hope and struggle. I think maybe different word choices, some that are emotionally charged, that legitimately pull on the heart would've helped. A stronger narration. The voice, something about the voice didn't really mesh with the film for me. Someone in here said it sounded like the voice from the Marines commercial, I concur. Just seemed a little too strong and rugged for a motivational video. You want a voice that is solid, but not aggressive and distracting. Think of the video with the guy working out and the speech in the background about wanting success as bad as you want to breathe. Eric Thomas was basically yelling, but it was in a way that fit the style. It didn't deter or distract from the message; if anything, I think it was complimentary. And then the whole message of 'if you fall and get up, then you've already won', that's not really accurate. What have you won? It just means you're not a quitter. I mean it says in the beginning that just because one works hard, they cannot assume they will succeed. Getting up and trying again doesn't mean you'll make the shot the next time. Applying again doesn't mean homegirl got into college, doesn't mean sweetheart made the putt. You have the right idea, but I feel the wording could've been better with ideas that actually hit every target. I voted for you because I want you to succeed, and I hope that you do. I believe the film industry is always in need of fresh ideas. It is filled with cliched stories and remakes these days simply because no idea is original, word to Nas. Please do not take my criticism for hate, it's just constructive, not because I feel it was bad by any means, but because on every project I work on I strive for it to be as close to perfect as possible. It's what we do, it is impossible to achieve, but chasing perfection is the business; I know what I'm talking about, trust me on this. Clearly you've gotten this far in the voting because it is a good short film, I wish I could've seen it before you submitted it. With some of the ideas I had as I was watching it, and after watching your competition's, some of my thoughts could've easily had you as the clear-cut favorite, runaway winner. Best of Luck.

I voted for your film fam, but I didn't really like it like it. Like, it had potential, but it didn't pull on the heart strings enough. I'm in the entertainment industry, and the films that really sell, that really move units, are the ones that move people. They make you feel something. They make you feel happy, or angry, sad, inspired, etc. Your film was getting me there, but it didn't have any gut punches that really pushed me over the edge. You're on the right track, I loved the scenes you picked, they really convey hope and struggle. I think maybe different word choices, some that are emotionally charged, that legitimately pull on the heart would've helped. A stronger narration. The voice, something about the voice didn't really mesh with the film for me. Someone in here said it sounded like the voice from the Marines commercial, I concur. Just seemed a little too strong and rugged for a motivational video. You want a voice that is solid, but not aggressive and distracting. Think of the video with the guy working out and the speech in the background about wanting success as bad as you want to breathe. Eric Thomas was basically yelling, but it was in a way that fit the style. It didn't deter or distract from the message; if anything, I think it was complimentary. And then the whole message of 'if you fall and get up, then you've already won', that's not really accurate. What have you won? It just means you're not a quitter. I mean it says in the beginning that just because one works hard, they cannot assume they will succeed. Getting up and trying again doesn't mean you'll make the shot the next time. Applying again doesn't mean homegirl got into college, doesn't mean sweetheart made the putt. You have the right idea, but I feel the wording could've been better with ideas that actually hit every target. I voted for you because I want you to succeed, and I hope that you do. I believe the film industry is always in need of fresh ideas. It is filled with cliched stories and remakes these days simply because no idea is original, word to Nas. Please do not take my criticism for hate, it's just constructive, not because I feel it was bad by any means, but because on every project I work on I strive for it to be as close to perfect as possible. It's what we do, it is impossible to achieve, but chasing perfection is the business; I know what I'm talking about, trust me on this. Clearly you've gotten this far in the voting because it is a good short film, I wish I could've seen it before you submitted it. With some of the ideas I had as I was watching it, and after watching your competition's, some of my thoughts could've easily had you as the clear-cut favorite, runaway winner. Best of Luck.
Freeze! No man, criticism is what helps us learn and I actually agree with everything you said. You know that feeling when you finish a project and then all you can think about was "I wish I did this differently..." 

Not making excuses but I just really want to share the story of why this wasn't as good as it could be. (Aside from only being $30 to make lol) So We filmed several scenes over the course of 3 weeks and the day before the deadline, my main hard drive and back up hard drive crash on me (now I back up to three different hard drives and all in different places lol) and I had to reshoot 75% of everything literally 6 hours before the deadline. The voiceover that we had to use was a rough cut so the audio is just not good at all. However, the words that were used were all mine and I agree it could be better >.< 

I actually shot this not thinking of how people will receive it but just for myself and to honestly give myself some sort of hope because filmmaking is a difficult industry to succeed in. I was on the brink of just quitting and when I saw the contest, I said why not!  

I personally don't feel like i've really achieved much as a filmmaker and always just trying to learn. This is by far the biggest thing that has happened to me and everything you said just makes me realize that I do have potential but I certainly haven't "made it" 
laugh.gif
 I still only shoot with a T3i and a kit lens and so hopefully one day i'll get my hands on the fun toys 
tired.gif

again, thanks so much for your feedback and hopefully one day we can work together!

Last edited:
Honestly, sometimes those 'why not?' moments are all you need. I mean thats what put me where I am in so many aspects. Why not go to this audition, Why not submit this script, etc. I think so often people see these moments and they talk themselves out of them. They come up with reasons why they can't or why they'd fail. I was a victim of self-doubt in the past as well. But literally once I stepped out of that comfort zone and just went all in and commited my very being to everything I attempted, my entire life change. I've done things I've never thought that I would do. Know people that I never thought I would know and am able to call friend and brothers/sisters, and been apart of things and been credited for things that even just 5 yrs ago I've never expected or even dreamed of.

I'm a huge believer in small decisions. And how just a series of small decisions, whether good or bad can change your entire life. So if you can find a groove, a rhythm, when you can just make good decisions back to back to back, etc. Just watch how your life blossoms, and the things you're able to accomplish, and the dreams that you can legitimately see in reality. It's crazy some times to thing about.

Like, if you want to get really deep into how crazy 'possibility' actually is....Just think like this....Literally everything youve ever done, or thought, wanted to happen, wished had happened, wished hadn't happened, in your life led up this moment, and this conversation we're having and this comment you're reading. Everything, you've ever done. EVERYTHING, has led up to this. When you learned to drive, learned to walk, had your first kiss, bought your first camera, every single decision...every single second of your life and my life and everyone else that is reading this message, consider the fact that everything you've done, EVER, has led you here at this precise moment. Everything is in your past, and here you art. Like if you could run a timeline map of your entire life up to now, every single second, the end of the map, would be this very moment. Heavy stuff.

Honestly, sometimes those 'why not?' moments are all you need. I mean thats what put me where I am in so many aspects. Why not go to this audition, Why not submit this script, etc. I think so often people see these moments and they talk themselves out of them. They come up with reasons why they can't or why they'd fail. I was a victim of self-doubt in the past as well. But literally once I stepped out of that comfort zone and just went all in and commited my very being to everything I attempted, my entire life change. I've done things I've never thought that I would do. Know people that I never thought I would know and am able to call friend and brothers/sisters, and been apart of things and been credited for things that even just 5 yrs ago I've never expected or even dreamed of.

I'm a huge believer in small decisions. And how just a series of small decisions, whether good or bad can change your entire life. So if you can find a groove, a rhythm, when you can just make good decisions back to back to back, etc. Just watch how your life blossoms, and the things you're able to accomplish, and the dreams that you can legitimately see in reality. It's crazy some times to thing about.

Like, if you want to get really deep into how crazy 'possibility' actually is....Just think like this....Literally everything youve ever done, or thought, wanted to happen, wished had happened, wished hadn't happened, in your life led up this moment, and this conversation we're having and this comment you're reading. Everything, you've ever done. EVERYTHING, has led up to this. When you learned to drive, learned to walk, had your first kiss, bought your first camera, every single decision...every single second of your life and my life and everyone else that is reading this message, consider the fact that everything you've done, EVER, has led you here at this precise moment. Everything is in your past, and here you art. Like if you could run a timeline map of your entire life up to now, every single second, the end of the map, would be this very moment. Heavy stuff.
*screenshot* and now I have a new screensaver 
eek.gif

Heavy stuff man... small decisions can seriously change a life.  You truly inspired me right now. Thank you

put me on with a job fam

i can write some **** that will punch you in the gut, slap the taste out your mouth whatever youre into 

that emmy award winning **** brah

Back
Top Bottom