NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

I saw some recommend the blue moon type. That's a solid sweeter recommendation. What didnt you like about SNPA? That's another type of beer that is recommended as a starter easy to find Pale Ale. Basically a beer with a bit more of a hop bite than a light lager but not as much as a IPA.

I would recommend a beer that touts itself as a Kolsch, Blonde Ale, Munich Helles Lager, or Hefeweizen. None too heavy on the hops. Are you a coffee drinker? Have you tried any stouts? We had a short discussion a few pages back on easy to find lighter stouts.

I would even say try a maltier beer like a sam adams boston lager, or new belgium fat tire (amber ale).

With SNPA too much hop for my liking I think. Had a strong(to me) bitter flavor I didn't enjoy. Blue Moon was meh. Their White IPA I didn't like. I liked Hoegaarden Wit a lot more. Had yuengling today which I liked as well.

Not much of a coffee drinker but when I do only black. I haven't had any stouts yet. Ill check out the lighter stouts y'all talked about. I'll give your recommendations a try.

Thanks.

Last edited:
All the beer treehouse makes is just incredible. Let us know which of the 4 is your favorite. I think I would have to say green then lights on but they're all exceptional!

Had Green and Julius so far. Liking Julius a tad more. Thing is like straight up orange juice! So crushable! I'll try the rest tomorrow.

Speaking of Xocoveza. Saw this earlier on BA :smokin

Had a fat tire last night. I like it quite a bit. I suspect a malty flavor is going to be one of my favorites. Loved the smell.

Any IPA (mostly Sierra Nevada)
Sierra Nevada
Corona
Sun King (local Indy beer)
Blue Moon
Three Floyds
Brooklyn Brewery is fire too. Tried some of their pale ale once but never saw it on the shelves again smh

Last edited:
Had Green and Julius so far. Liking Julius a tad more. Thing is like straight up orange juice! So crushable! I'll try the rest tomorrow.

Speaking of Xocoveza. Saw this earlier on BA :smokin

oh man I hope I can get my hands on this

the Flying Dog version sucks but I am having a Flying Dog Gonzo and it is :pimp:

Had a fat tire last night. I like it quite a bit. I suspect a malty flavor is going to be one of my favorites. Loved the smell.

That's good to hear. I tell ya. there's a beer for everyone out there.

Then there's stuff like Shiner Bock (really popular stuff), and Oktoberfest beers are in season (obviously given its October and just outside the actual Ofest in Germany.. Look at that styling ASAP).

As far as Oktoberfests, Sam Adams makes one that is quite malty, and a touch sweet. Other breweries including Sierra Nevada makes one that is a touch lighter.. Don't overlook Weihenstephaner festbier, or Ayinger OFest either.. For the most part, American breweries tend to create a maltier sweeter Oktoberfest beer, without much of any hop flavor. That may be up your alley.

You can delve into more ambers, and even reds. Be careful about reds. Some are hoppy reds

Some personal favorites.

Sierra Nevada Kellerweis (hefeweizen. It's a wheat based beer with hints of banana and clove, giving it a fruity type flavor without actual fruit or added sweetness)

Weihenstephaner Original (munich Helles lager)- Basically a cleaner crisper, smoother, more flavorful Budweiser type of light lager. 5.4% abv I believe.

Weihenstephaner Hefeweisbier- One of the highest rated hefe;s on the market that is widely available. Price point on almost all Weihenstephaner products is a bit much.

They also carry 500ml (16.9 oz) bottles of various beers. THeir Vitus, a Weizenbock. Basically a higher abv Hefeweisen, is quite amazing. They also carry some dunkel, krystal, and a pilsner.. Nothing hoppy about that brand.

I want to say, if hops aren't your thing, just avoid anything with DIPA, IPA, or pale ale in their name. For the most part, you can find beers you like.

-----------------------

Xocoveza in sixers? That price point should be much nicer than me buying 7 bombers like I did last year. That FBS x Xocoveza hybrid I made is potent, potent, potent stuff. I can only get one in before feeling the effects of everything.

So I just saw the final blend percentages for FW XIX.
Final Blend
Parabola (13% ABV) Aged in Bourbon Barrels
(33.33% of the final blend)
Russian Imperial Oatmeal Stout
OG=30P FG=7.5P IBU=80 Color=Black / Hopped with Magnum, Styrian Golding and Hallertau Tradition

Stickee Monkee (12.3% ABV) Aged in Bourbon and Brandy Barrels
(33.33% of the final blend)
Central Coast Quad
OG=27P FG=5.4P IBU=45 Color=34 / Brewed with Belgian Candi Sugar and Mexican Turbinado (Brown) sugar

Bravo (12.9% ABV) Aged in Bourbon and Brandy Barrels
(16.66% of the final blend)
Imperial Brown Ale
OG=26.5 FG=3.7 IBU=35 Color=32 / Hopped with Bravo and Styrian Goldings

Velvet Merkin (8.5% ABV) Aged in Bourbon barrels
(16.66% of the final blend)
Barrel Aged Oatmeal Stout
OG=15+P FG=5.5 IBU=32.5 Color=Black / 15% Oats / Hopped with 100% US grown Willamette

I am all over this. I will be buying multiple bottles.

That's good to hear. I tell ya. there's a beer for everyone out there.

Then there's stuff like Shiner Bock (really popular stuff), and Oktoberfest beers are in season (obviously given its October and just outside the actual Ofest in Germany.. Look at that styling ASAP).

As far as Oktoberfests, Sam Adams makes one that is quite malty, and a touch sweet. Other breweries including Sierra Nevada makes one that is a touch lighter.. Don't overlook Weihenstephaner festbier, or Ayinger OFest either.. For the most part, American breweries tend to create a maltier sweeter Oktoberfest beer, without much of any hop flavor. That may be up your alley.

You can delve into more ambers, and even reds. Be careful about reds. Some are hoppy reds

Tried Shiner bock and SAOF. I liked both. The SAOF was cool but left me wanting a little more complexity as far as the taste went. Very drinkable. I also tried Bell's Amber Ale which I also liked. There was a nice balance provided by the hops I enjoyed.

I'll give festbier and the ayinger a try.

Some personal favorites.

Sierra Nevada Kellerweis (hefeweizen. It's a wheat based beer with hints of banana and clove, giving it a fruity type flavor without actual fruit or added sweetness)

Weihenstephaner Original (munich Helles lager)- Basically a cleaner crisper, smoother, more flavorful Budweiser type of light lager. 5.4% abv I believe.

Weihenstephaner Hefeweisbier- One of the highest rated hefe;s on the market that is widely available. Price point on almost all Weihenstephaner products is a bit much.

They also carry 500ml (16.9 oz) bottles of various beers. THeir Vitus, a Weizenbock. Basically a higher abv Hefeweisen, is quite amazing. They also carry some dunkel, krystal, and a pilsner.. Nothing hoppy about that brand.

I want to say, if hops aren't your thing, just avoid anything with DIPA, IPA, or pale ale in their name. For the most part, you can find beers you like.

Interesting. I'll have to give those a try!

Yea, that's the idea I had as well with the pale ales.

Thanks again :pimp:

Last edited:
Found Stone's Enjoy by 10/31/15 on draft at DBC over the weekend. Incredible! Still looking around for the 22oz or a six pack. I'm running out of time :nerd:.

Came across Stone's enjoy after 10/31/16 Brett IPA in a 22oz already. Wanted to give it a try but it wasn't cellar'd correctly.

Came across Stone's enjoy after 10/31/16 Brett IPA in a 22oz already. Wanted to give it a try but it wasn't cellar'd correctly.

Just curious. How was it stored (or cellared)?

Had this on Sunday night.
Bottled 9/12/14.

Could've used another 2-3 years. Still WAAAYY too hot.
After having this and Rumpkin, I'm never buying either ever again. They just weren't good.
I think my limit on ABV is about 14%-15%. Anything higher than that and it's juts a hot mess.

Last edited:
Just curious. How was it stored (or cellared)?.

It was stored over the recommended degree of 30-50 degrees fahrenheit, in a heavily lighted fridge. Honestly it probably hasn't been in there too long but I didn't want to risk it.

It was stored over the recommended degree of 30-50 degrees fahrenheit, in a heavily lighted fridge. Honestly it probably hasn't been in there too long but I didn't want to risk it.
Just so you know, Enjoy After should be stored 50-70.
Below 50 and the Brett becomes dormant.

I stand corrected. I'll still pass being that it's refrigerated and in direct light.

Thanks tho, I'll keep searching

Just curious. How was it stored (or cellared)?

Had this on Sunday night.
Bottled 9/12/14.

Could've used another 2-3 years. Still WAAAYY too hot.
After having this and Rumpkin, I'm never buying either ever again. They just weren't good.
I think my limit on ABV is about 14%-15%. Anything higher than that and it's juts a hot mess.
I really don't understand the appeal to Avery's "big" beers.  I've had Tweak, Rumpkin, and Pump[KY}n.  I drain-poured 2/3 of them.  The only reason I didn't drain-pour the 3rd was because I split it with another person. Cloyingly sweet and overly boozy.

I miss living in Sugar Land and taking part in all the offerings from St. Arnold, luckily there is enough craft beer to kill a cow here in Minnesota.

Last two weekends

All the other pics are on Instagram

Pretty safe to say if I don't like Lagunitas IPA or Ballast Point Sculpin I just don't have a taste for IPA's? I always hear those mentioned among the best, and I keep trying different ones every now and then but I haven't found one I enjoy yet.

Really enjoying Sierra Nevada and Leinenkugel Oktoberfests this season.

Yeah the CBC beers usually run $7 a bottle and they're pretty good beers. I haven't run through a lot of them but they're Flagraiser IPA is pretty good. The Stone "enjoy by" was really good, I liked it a lot. Might pick up another bottle or two tonight but I should probably chill. My job is hosting a pizza and beer night out on our roof deck tomorrow and my boss is a big craft beer guy so they usually have a good mix of things.

Then on Sunday myself and about 3 or 4 other coworkers are invited to my bosses house for our fall beer tasting and some football. We did a summer beer tasting that was mostly IPAs with a few others mixed in. All in all its a lot of beer this weekend. I'm a personal trainer btw :lol:

finally tried this new batch of enjoy by. dang, it's actually pretty good and it sort of has a lychee after taste. I see you're from somerville! im from Lowell. you ever tried out that night shift brewery? I believe its only a town over from somerville!

not sure if it's just me but everytime i have a few beers on the weekend, going back to the gym the following monday kinda kicks my ***. maybe cause I go 3 times a week due to my work and school schedule. cheers bruh :nthat:

Just so you know, Enjoy After should be stored 50-70.
Below 50 and the Brett becomes dormant.
I always wondered how much beer I've had over the years that didn't taste as it should because 99% of what I buy, goes right in the fridge if I plan on drinking it within a month or so. The only reason it doesn't go in the fridge is because it doesn't fit or I have it already in there. For example, I totally forgot I have the coconut/proprietors bottle sitting in there since last November.

I drink every beer I can ice cold whether I'm supposed to or not because anything even luke warm is hard to drink, but I just wonder how many beers over the year I've "stored" waaaaayy too cold and it changed the beer, taste and otherwise. 

Back
Top Bottom