NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Also good

20230610_153437.jpg

Not sure if anyone follows him, but Alex Kidd (@dontdrinkbeers on IG) was recently diagnosed with stage IV colon cancer that's spread to his liver and lungs. From what he's written the cancer is inoperable, but he's undergoing chemo and pursuing treatment to the fullest extent. He's been posting about everything going on, but it's been really sad to see. He's got a toddler and his wife is currently pregnant with another kid. Just a bad situation all around, but it seems like he's coping well and keeping things as light-hearted as he can. Check out his IG if you get a chance--he's got some really funny content and he does extremely well-written beer reviews:

What kinda “quality” easy drinking lagers do y’all drink? Just found Dortmunder gold which is solid. Pacifico, models negra, red stripe etc. Looking at just general summer bbq drinks that a craft brew drinker would go “aight”.

The answer is gonna be regional to some extent, but as far as some reasonably accessible options I’ve had good experiences with just about all pilsners from Victory, The Crisp from Sixpoint, and Pivo Pils from Firestone Walker.

If we’re talking available just about anywhere, Miller High Life and PBR seem to be the go-tos for craft beer nerds.

Legend has it the brewers at Other Half don’t care much for the beer and crush High Life all day instead. :lol:

I enjoy the mass produced cervezas

I pretty much stick to a local brewery that makes good lagers. Not Suarez/Human Robot level but not that far off

Gets pricey though at $4 a can

Craft lagers are really the hardest to justify.

The difference between a well-made IPA and VooDoo Ranger is a world away, but a lot of mass-produced lagers are just as good as their craft alternatives if not better.

Man I really gotta stop using Chrome, scary how fast it works your data sometimes. Getting Hulu ads for Yuengling, forgot about that, used to be my go to.

Not a lager but had a golden ale from New Holland yesterday that was fantastic.

Dragon's Milk Tales of Gold. 11 percent. Made with milk sugar (paid for this ingredient all night). Would buy again 8 times over.

Last edited:
Craft lagers are really the hardest to justify.

The difference between a well-made IPA and VooDoo Ranger is a world away, but a lot of mass-produced lagers are just as good as their craft alternatives if not better.

I’ll pay for the elite craft lagers but they’re few and far between

The German imports are usually a nice middle ground in terms of price and quality

If we’re talking available just about anywhere, Miller High Life and PBR seem to be the go-tos for craft beer nerds.

Legend has it the brewers at Other Half don’t care much for the beer and crush High Life all day instead. :lol:
I was there at OH BK when the brewers were drinking High Life. They said they drink it because it’s cheap, consistent, and tastes how beer is supposed to taste

A lot of craft brewers drink high life, or other easy drinking lagers/pilsners. It’s not that they don’t like their ipa’s & such, it’s just that when they drink all day everyday, they prefer simplicity.

Add in gumball head from three floyds and fruit force from New Belgium and I legit wouldn't need any other beer in my life. 20230708_105338.jpg

Heading to the Bay area, specifically Fremont and San Jose, next week. Any must visit brewery recommendations?

Back
Top Bottom