NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Solid post so far.

Went and visited the store to cop a few pint size bottles of Franziskaner today, only problem is this

sold out. completely :x :x . I was heartbroken :smh: :lol: , since the pint bottles are a more beer for the $$ than da 6 pack is. so I just copped a sixer

I'm gonna call everyday until they restock da pint bottles, they also sold out of Celebrator Doppellbock which I was planning on also trying since it has high reviews :smh:

Last edited:
Solid post so far.

Went and visited the store to cop a few pint size bottles of Franziskaner today, only problem is this

sold out. completely :x :x . I was heartbroken :smh: :lol: , since the pint bottles are a more beer for the $$ than da 6 pack is. so I just copped a sixer

I'm gonna call everyday until they restock da pint bottles, they also sold out of Celebrator Doppellbock which I was planning on also trying since it has high reviews :smh:

I love it. My favorite Dopplebock for sure.

Drank some Snake Dog from Flying Dog. I really want to try their K-9 winter ale.

Picked up some of these, so tasty and also Sierra Nevada Kellerweis which may be the best Hefeweizen on the planet

laugh.gif
 @ that beergeeknation video.

I recently bought a few beers based on his reviews.

(Deshutes The Abyss, Bootlegger's Knuckle Sandwich, and Dogfish Head 75 Min IPA)

Anyone post beer related pics on instagram?

Let's get a NTbeerthread hashtag going.

Was there some kind of weird run on Franziskaner or something? :lol:
Readily available here in SoCal. Hell, they sell it in the local Vons.

-J-

-J-

It's really easy to get out here in Philly and our laws are strict on liquor, you can't buy beer at a corner store and what not unless you have a bar attached

Per some mentions here, I picked up some Sierra Nevada Hellerweis.... Wow. They make one smooth hefeweizen beer. It may be my favorite now of that category.. SN is all over the place where I live, and I have continually passed it up. I bought some Celebration Ale that I will be trying tonight. I will also be trying some Chatoe/Rogue Good Chit Pilsner. SN may just be my favorite 'new' brand to try.. Way late to the party on this one.

I've also been on a stout kick lately. Namely the milk stouts. I picked up some Left Hand Nitro Milk Stout, which is lovely, along with their normal counterpart Milk Stout. To compare, I joined it in tasting with some Skaa Brewing Milk Stout.. Left Hand wins easily against the Steel Toe Milk Stout of Skaa. The milk sugars add that nice sweetness I tend to crave for with the stouts/porters.

This past week, I also retried the Delerium Tremens. My local place only had some 2011 on hand, but the flavors still seemed to be there. I hyped it up a bit with the crowd I was with, and many just were not fans. Oh well. More for me. Maybe they aren't used to the 9% style that some beers bring to the table.

I'll have more to say after trying the chatoe/rogue beer, and the Celebration Ale.

CHeers

My beer palate definitely changes throughout the year...warmer months: Modelo Especial/Negra Modelo and Allagash White...cooler/colder months: Heineken, Jefferson Reserve Bourbon Barrel Stout, or Crispin Cider...cheers fellas!!

Last edited:
Went to Pa. last week to spend Xmas with my wife's family, which is a great time to drink beers we can't get in Ks. & Mo. We bought a bottle of Jolly Pumpkin/Maui Brewing Sobrehumano Palena 'ole collab, which was incredible...a sour brewed with cherries & lilikoi. Also grabbed a make-your-own-sixer with Oskar Blues Dale's Pale Ale, Yards Brawler, Troegs HopBack Amber, Dogfish Indian Brown Ale & Sly Fox Royal Weisse Ale.

All of them were great. We also brought a 750 each of Boulevard Collaboration No. 3 Stingo and a Boulevard 2011 Imperial Stout Batch 2 (infected with Brett) with us to share with my brother-in-law. Both were really good.

And then my in-laws gave us a bottle of Dogfish 75 Minute IPA and two bottles of Sobrehumano for Xmas. Also got a Jolly Pumpkin work shirt, two New Belgium tulip glasses, two Dogfish shaped pint glasses and a Dogfish tulip from my brother-in-law.

Awesome beer holiday for sure.

The 75 Minute will be drank with dinner tonight for sure.

-J-

I don't know I wasn't too surprised because it was the week before christmas, the shopping plaza was packed with people. I mean I guess it's cool that people are catching on to higher quality brews :lol: >D

Post Review on the Celebrator: Had this on saturday, taste like a sweet roasted coffee kind of flavor, hints of cocoa/chocolate. Aftertaste is very bitter like dark fruits, the longer you wait between sips the more bitter it seems to get :smokin very smooth and very drinkable beer, the 6.7% ABV is basically hidden by the flavors of the beer.

Someone recommend me a beer. want to try something new tomorrow.
Fav beer: stella

Franziskaner! haha :pimp:

Last edited:
Anybody try shock top end of the world? Oh my goodness, I'm not a big fan of shock top but that thing is crack

Back
Top Bottom