NT what would you do? Living situation problems.

Regardless of whatever the status is in your relationship, move out. Take your name off the lease and find you another place to live.

This. One of you has to get out of there ASAP. There will be no "just friends" for 6 months type situation.

Go live with our mom until you find another place. get all your crap out, clean your portion spotless so she can't blame you for any sort of deposit related issues and leave that trick to figure out how she's gonna fix her life. I'm sure she already has the next sucker lined up who's gonna be her "co-resident" but honestly get far far away from that situation.

Pay the rent and keep it civil. It can be done, I did it on a 1 year lease, never did it again. Learn from it my man. A lease you cannot break.

We basically went our seperate ways after the lease, but during that time, we made the best of it, but didn't fool ourselves.

Hell, I'm going thru a divorce with my wife that doesn't clear up until June lol. We sleep in the same room, share bills, etc. It sucks but hey, stick it out.

Sounds like you guys should give each other space though. But keep the lease and make the payments, just spend less time around each other.

Divorce? Do you have kids?

Marriage separation is completely different than what he's going through.

Move on and move out

Who's ever idea to end things has to bite the bullet and leave, the person that stays, picks up the tab for the whole amount and finish off the lease, is pretty simple :lol:

cant someone just sleep on the couch? this way both can somewhat have their own bed and still stay in the apartment until the lease runs out... no need for anyone to be forced to leave just cause your not together especially if both of you are splitting the rent...

Op just cant take his name off the lease. It's not that simple. Like I said before, he needs to talk to his ex and ask if she is able to pay the full rent by herself. If she agrees, just make a contract between you two and possibly have a lawyer go through the contract if there are any insecurities. 

If she disagrees then idk what to tell you. It doesn't seem like she will leave since she needs a place to stay and the way she said "you're more than welcome to stay" sounds like she thinks the apt is "more" hers than yours. This isn't going to end well if both of you are going to pay rent. 

Break the lease and split the breakuo fee.
this seems like the next best option if she doesn't agree to pay the rent by herself. Op will save much more money in the long run by just splitting the fee...could be losing the security deposit as well on top of the additional fees...but it beats paying 6 months of rent. 

the chick I decide to live with gon be the last one I'm ever with , some of y'all be going thru it living with em :lol: :smh:

I never understood why people shack before marriage. OP, you need to pick up the Holy Bible and read the word. You'll be much better off. Good luck to you, my man.

Either she pays the rent solo and you move out and move on with your life, or you guys agree to find someone to sublet the place to do that you're not breaking the lease and you I think move out. It's ridiculous to expect y'all to live as roommates until June. That's half a year of your life and I've been in this situation more than once: the sooner you're out of there the better.

If your name is the only name on the lease, then legally, you can kick her out. Tell her she has 30 days to get her affairs in order and move out. If she refuses, take her key. Bring some new girls over and smash them while she's home

She claims she would like to finish out the lease as "roommates." To me, to think we are realistically going to finish the lease as "roommates"

I.E. getting her back blown out by randoms guilt free.

That doesn't mean she wants you to stay, bro. She's just acknowledging your legal rights as a tenant :lol: x :smh:

If you think you can make it work, have a mature conversation with her and address whatever issues that led the two of you to this point. If she's already checked out of the relationship, one of you should find someone to sublease to and call it a day. Living with someone you recently broke up with will not work. You will wind up sleeping at your mothers house while your girl has the next dude living rent free, kicking it on your couch and drinking your capri suns.

Take This Rep...

Last edited:
If your name is the only name on the lease, then legally, you can kick her out. Tell her she has 30 days to get her affairs in order and move out. If she refuses, take her key. Bring some new girls over and smash them while she's home

this

I never understood why people shack before marriage. OP, you need to pick up the Holy Bible and read the word. You'll be much better off. Good luck to you, my man.

I made that mistake and these young boys dont want to learn from it when i tell em.

Facts. Would never move a chick in with me unless we married. She could spend a night or whatever, but as far as finessing herself into moving in, that's a dub and a L waiting to happen.

I wouldn't move out OP. Just start smashing new chicks in that one bed and paying my half of the rent

Shorty can do w/e.

If your name is the only one on the lease, then you need to give her 30 days notice yesterday.

I made that mistake and these young boys dont want to learn from it when i tell em.
Most shack up before marriage to know what they'll be in for before they get married.

A lease dispute is easier to get through than a divorce.

The bible won't help with either.

Last edited:
My ex tried to get convince me to move in with her damn near every week after we had been together for a couple of months. I wasnt having it, i knew it would end in a breakup.

Most shack up before marriage to know what they'll be in for before they get married.

Can stay the night at her house like she can mine.

Never understood that excuse.

You KNOW how that persons lives before signing a financial agreement.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom