Oakland RAIDERS OffSeason Thread

indifferent.gif
Why did we Routt that much.

Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

indifferent.gif

statistically he actually had a pretty decent year. his most consistent year as a pro.

as a fan i know what you are saying though
laugh.gif
, he just doesn't show as much flash as Nnamdi. He is better then CJ though.

im glad we resigned him

Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

indifferent.gif

statistically he actually had a pretty decent year. his most consistent year as a pro.

as a fan i know what you are saying though
laugh.gif
, he just doesn't show as much flash as Nnamdi. He is better then CJ though.

im glad we resigned him

Might just be me keeping hope alive...but we ain't got a first round pick...maybe we still have some cap room for Nnamdi?
frown.gif

Edit:: And I still wouldn't count Al Davis from making it work...a couple years back we all thought he would have to make a choice between Shane Lechler & Nnamdi and he managed to keep both of them...hopefully he still got a few tricks up his old sleeves
frown.gif

Might just be me keeping hope alive...but we ain't got a first round pick...maybe we still have some cap room for Nnamdi?
frown.gif

Edit:: And I still wouldn't count Al Davis from making it work...a couple years back we all thought he would have to make a choice between Shane Lechler & Nnamdi and he managed to keep both of them...hopefully he still got a few tricks up his old sleeves
frown.gif

Yall know how I feel about Routt and I aped when I heard he was getting 31M over three years.

I guarantee no other team was driving the price up. How are going to overpay by that much for a player nobody else values.

OK, he's average on a good day but nothing will ever negate his knack for giving up plays.

I wouldn't have minded him sticking around but for that much $, I'm lowkey disgusted
30t6p3b.gif

Yall know how I feel about Routt and I aped when I heard he was getting 31M over three years.

I guarantee no other team was driving the price up. How are going to overpay by that much for a player nobody else values.

OK, he's average on a good day but nothing will ever negate his knack for giving up plays.

I wouldn't have minded him sticking around but for that much $, I'm lowkey disgusted
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

30t6p3b.gif
Not only with the Routt signing, but if you ask me with every deal we've done so far I think we've gone a bit overboard with it...I think Seymour could have got a little less, I think the Franchise on Wimbley is too much (if they don't come to a deal), I think the John Henderson deal is a little much too (for a player that doesn't play much...c'mon man...). Iunno man, I know we like to over-pay our players...it was cool when it was Asomugha, Lechler and Janikowski...but most of these dudes ain't worth what they gettin...

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

30t6p3b.gif
Not only with the Routt signing, but if you ask me with every deal we've done so far I think we've gone a bit overboard with it...I think Seymour could have got a little less, I think the Franchise on Wimbley is too much (if they don't come to a deal), I think the John Henderson deal is a little much too (for a player that doesn't play much...c'mon man...). Iunno man, I know we like to over-pay our players...it was cool when it was Asomugha, Lechler and Janikowski...but most of these dudes ain't worth what they gettin...

Routt had the 3rd best completion percentage in the league and he was thrown at 99 times last year... that's impressive

Routt had the 3rd best completion percentage in the league and he was thrown at 99 times last year... that's impressive

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Robert Gallery to leave Raiders
[/h1]

By Adam Schefter
ESPN
Archive

In an offseason in which the Oakland Raiders are prepared to lose cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha, they also will lose left guard Robert Gallery.

After speaking with Raiders owner Al Davis, Gallery has decided to sign somewhere else whenever free agency begins.

"With the end of the league year coming today, and the few conversations I've had with the Raiders and Mr. Davis, we've come to a mutual agreement that it's time for me to move on with my career," Gallery said Thursday from his home in the Oakland area. "I appreciate the start that they and Mr. Davis gave me and I truly have enjoyed my time wearing the silver and black. I wish them well, I thank the fans and I take away great memories of my time in Oakland."

Raiders senior executive John Herrera told The Associated Press on Thursday the decision was made because of the vast difference in contract proposals. Herrera says Gallery was seeking about $8 million a season while Oakland was willing to offer about $2.5 million.

Rick Smith, Gallery's agent, says it was clear from talking to the Raiders they want to give some of their young players a chance.

Like Asomugha, Gallery's contract voided after this past season. After seven NFL seasons, he will be an unrestricted free agent. The 30-year-old Gallery knows that whenever football is played next, he will be playing it in a different place.

"I'm looking for a new start somewhere else, to experience another place, and to be able to accomplish some of the things I want to," Gallery said. "It's best for everyone."

Gallery is more comfortable playing left guard, though he could play other positions along the offensive line. To try to replace Gallery, the Raiders are expected to turn to last year's fourth-round pick, Bruce Campbell, another favorite of Davis.

But each side will go its own way as Oakland will be losing another key player who helped make the Raiders respectable and relevant last season.

Although Gallery and Asomugha are set to leave Oakland, the Raiders have been one of the more aggressive teams in re-signing players this offseason.

Along with signing linebacker Kamerion Wimbley to his franchise tender at approximately $11.3 million, Oakland gave cornerback Stanford Routt a $31.5 million, three-year deal; handed defensive tackle Richard Seymour a $30 million, two-year contract with $22.5 million in guarantees; signed defensive tackle John Henderson to an $8 million, two-year deal; and signed special-teams standout and backup running back Rock Cartwright to an undisclosed contract.

"I'll always remember being able to come out of the tunnel of that stadium, into the Black Hole," Gallery said. "That was exhilarating and never got old. I loved being a part of a group that helped bring the Raiders back to where they were in the past. It's just that now it's time to go someplace else."

Adam Schefter is ESPN's NFL Insider. Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

As bad as some of the fans hated on Gallery, he did well at guard and was always a class-act. Not sad or thrilled to see him go, I just hope we use that money on Zach Miller or Nnamdi now...

[/quote]

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Robert Gallery to leave Raiders
[/h1]

By Adam Schefter
ESPN
Archive

In an offseason in which the Oakland Raiders are prepared to lose cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha, they also will lose left guard Robert Gallery.

After speaking with Raiders owner Al Davis, Gallery has decided to sign somewhere else whenever free agency begins.

"With the end of the league year coming today, and the few conversations I've had with the Raiders and Mr. Davis, we've come to a mutual agreement that it's time for me to move on with my career," Gallery said Thursday from his home in the Oakland area. "I appreciate the start that they and Mr. Davis gave me and I truly have enjoyed my time wearing the silver and black. I wish them well, I thank the fans and I take away great memories of my time in Oakland."

Raiders senior executive John Herrera told The Associated Press on Thursday the decision was made because of the vast difference in contract proposals. Herrera says Gallery was seeking about $8 million a season while Oakland was willing to offer about $2.5 million.

Rick Smith, Gallery's agent, says it was clear from talking to the Raiders they want to give some of their young players a chance.

Like Asomugha, Gallery's contract voided after this past season. After seven NFL seasons, he will be an unrestricted free agent. The 30-year-old Gallery knows that whenever football is played next, he will be playing it in a different place.

"I'm looking for a new start somewhere else, to experience another place, and to be able to accomplish some of the things I want to," Gallery said. "It's best for everyone."

Gallery is more comfortable playing left guard, though he could play other positions along the offensive line. To try to replace Gallery, the Raiders are expected to turn to last year's fourth-round pick, Bruce Campbell, another favorite of Davis.

But each side will go its own way as Oakland will be losing another key player who helped make the Raiders respectable and relevant last season.

Although Gallery and Asomugha are set to leave Oakland, the Raiders have been one of the more aggressive teams in re-signing players this offseason.

Along with signing linebacker Kamerion Wimbley to his franchise tender at approximately $11.3 million, Oakland gave cornerback Stanford Routt a $31.5 million, three-year deal; handed defensive tackle Richard Seymour a $30 million, two-year contract with $22.5 million in guarantees; signed defensive tackle John Henderson to an $8 million, two-year deal; and signed special-teams standout and backup running back Rock Cartwright to an undisclosed contract.

"I'll always remember being able to come out of the tunnel of that stadium, into the Black Hole," Gallery said. "That was exhilarating and never got old. I loved being a part of a group that helped bring the Raiders back to where they were in the past. It's just that now it's time to go someplace else."

Adam Schefter is ESPN's NFL Insider. Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

As bad as some of the fans hated on Gallery, he did well at guard and was always a class-act. Not sad or thrilled to see him go, I just hope we use that money on Zach Miller or Nnamdi now...

[/quote]

I think Seymour could have got a little less,

Of all the signings, I agree with overpaying him. He changed the complexion of our defensive line instantly.

But Routt...31 million. For Routt? Unjustified.

And are we letting Gallery walk because of one of the rookies? If only that was the reason.

And we have to be looking at signing Zach now right? We can't let him walk too.

I think Seymour could have got a little less,

Of all the signings, I agree with overpaying him. He changed the complexion of our defensive line instantly.

But Routt...31 million. For Routt? Unjustified.

And are we letting Gallery walk because of one of the rookies? If only that was the reason.

And we have to be looking at signing Zach now right? We can't let him walk too.

^ We're not letting him walk because of Bruce Campbell...we're letting him walk cause he wanted $8Milli a year and we were willing to offer him $2.5mil
laugh.gif

He was probably thinking everyone else is gettin over priced...why not him...

^ We're not letting him walk because of Bruce Campbell...we're letting him walk cause he wanted $8Milli a year and we were willing to offer him $2.5mil
laugh.gif

He was probably thinking everyone else is gettin over priced...why not him...

bet gallery thought he was gonna cash in when he saw routt get that deal. he must have been heated when they offered 2.5.
laugh.gif

bet gallery thought he was gonna cash in when he saw routt get that deal. he must have been heated when they offered 2.5.
laugh.gif

Yeah, he was delusional if he thought he was worth 8 million for playing Left Guard.

Not after we drafted you to play Left Tackle.
indifferent.gif

Yeah, he was delusional if he thought he was worth 8 million for playing Left Guard.

Not after we drafted you to play Left Tackle.
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom