October $250* challenge vol. Dat Frugal Life *REGISTRATION CLOSED*

$250 is too high.... But I'm in. Shooting for $130 personally, maybe even lower.
100 dollar challenge. lets go,
smokin.gif
nerd.gif

Last edited:
#OCT250Challenge...

I'm hype. Stacks will be had at the end of the month ...

I'll be expecting my commission check from this iPhone launch too ...

:ha :pimp:

Too easy with groceries excluded.

You can still go out every other weekend and blow $75-100 twice. Leaves $50-100 for other meals.

Too easy with groceries excluded.
You can still go out every other weekend and blow $75-100 twice. Leaves $50-100 for other meals.

Or buy $10 steaks every day and grill them for dinner. That's where the problem lies. You have to eat, so what defines what counts and what doesn't.

Or buy $10 steaks every day and grill them for dinner. That's where the problem lies. You have to eat, so what defines what counts and what doesn't.

If you wanna get a $10 steak every day that can come out of your grocery budget. so if you set that for $200 for the month then all the food you buy and cook yourself or anything you get from a supermarket would come out of that budget.

Now if you go out to apple bees everyday and get a steak and a beer for $20 that'll come out of your $250 for the month

If you wanna get a $10 steak every day that can come out of your grocery budget. so if you set that for $200 for the month then all the food you buy and cook yourself or anything you get from a supermarket would come out of that budget.
Now if you go out to apple bees everyday and get a steak and a beer for $20 that'll come out of your $250 for the month

If you're free to set your grocery budget, then what's the point of the challenge? Also, if I buy a sandwich at a grocery store deli, what does that even count as?

Just set a grocery budget requirement for everyone, or set a total dollar amount on all food, regardless of where it comes from. Then there's no grey area, or people setting $500 grocery budgets.

If you're free to set your grocery budget, then what's the point of the challenge? Also, if I buy a sandwich at a grocery store deli, what does that even count as?
Just set a grocery budget requirement for everyone, or set a total dollar amount on all food, regardless of where it comes from. Then there's no grey area, or people setting $500 grocery budgets.

If you getting a sandwich made for you then that is considered eating out, that would come out your $250, and if people want to set $500 budgets fro groceries that's on them and makes no sense trying to cheat the challenge cause the whole point is to spend less in the month.

And we cant set a fixed grocery budget, because people have families and a $200 grocery budget maybe good for me but not good for someone else.

OP put me in this
groceries + eating out + entertainment (right?)

Got you,

$250 is your monthly spending money on eating out and entertainment.

Groceries is a seperate budget and isnt deducted from your $250.

For real? this is what i do every month though lol

My eating out and entertainment budget each month is $200......team college loans are ruining my life?

I would say put me in but there is no point....this is average for me :lol:

If groceries aren't included then I could probably be good spending only $50-75 a month. It's easy for someone that just focuses on school and doesn't have much of a social life :smh:. I usually spend on a haircut, a few snacks, occasional lunch at school, and a few apps for my phone.

If groceries aren't included then I could probably be good spending only $50-75 a month. It's easy for someone that just focuses on school and doesn't have much of a social life :smh:. I usually spend on a haircut, a few snacks, occasional lunch at school, and a few apps for my phone.

I try my BEST to live life like you lol, its so hard. What state do you live in?

And Cobra Kai your added

If groceries aren't included then I could probably be good spending only $50-75 a month. It's easy for someone that just focuses on school and doesn't have much of a social life
mean.gif
. I usually spend on a haircut, a few snacks, occasional lunch at school, and a few apps for my phone.
yup. sounds about right, except for the apps part. didnt even factor in haircut
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom