Offical: Lakers vs. Celtics 12/30 7:00PM PST Game On FSN West & NBATV

I just now saw the highlights on SportsCenter.

Lamar Odom... BETTER... be suspended.

That wasn't too far from just being a straight-up form tackle.

Rondo didn't play tonight, and TA steps in to provide 16 points.
eek.gif
Ithink all the talk about the Celtics not being deep has pretty much dried up now.

As for the Lakers, I still think they're going to be a good team come playoff time. Good game Laker fans.

I saw somebody in a redsox jersey in the stands....where the hell were they last year?
Hi.

I'm not here to hate on the Lakers, but I'm damn sure here to hate on Kobe. 6-31, 0-6 from 3 land? At what point will this dude realize some games youhave to pass the damn ball? This is why Bynum wont be anything more than a Brian Grant 12 and 9 guy without the dreads until he gets away from Kobe. Not that12/9 would be bad, but you guys obviously are expecting much more than that.

I told you guys last year dont sleep on Doc. What was he gonna do with a team that had Pierce, an inexperienced Big Al, and a bunch of nobodies that werentgonna do a thing? And they still made a lot of games very exciting til the end. Doc's no joke. He's got the rotations down so far.

Side note: I'm starting to feel bad for Gabe Pruitt. Poor guy can barely get in the game when Rondo is completely out.
laugh.gif

Nonetheless, good game by the Lakers at least until the fourth. Maybe if KB24 knew how to pass the ball...

laugh.gif
I finally got one right. The Lakers weren't no match for thesuperior Celts, they're lucky that they didn't lose by 40 tonight.

Originally Posted by ill4eva

I think all the talk about the Celtics not being deep has pretty much dried up now.

I still don't think the Celtics are deep. Their backup center is SCOT POLLARD. Their only decent bench players are Posey and Allen.

Kobe just got owned on both ends of the floor by Pierce. This kinda reminded me of the christmas day game last year vs the Heat whee Wade completely madeBryant his bish, the same happened tonight.

Yea, celtics punked the Lakers, common now, when perkins stare you down...you better go put that ball back down his throat...we played scared. Bynum better hitthe weights, ariza too. We got punked.

Nice game by the Celtics, Garnett was disruptive inside and Pierce and Ray were murder from the arc...wow business as usual for the Celts. Give credit to Docfor crucial timeouts, phil would never call those mo breakin TOs

Lamar...I got nothing to say. Kobe...was horrible.

Bad time to go retro, hope they learn their lesson by getting embarrassed for taking the game lightly.

Originally Posted by bjm5295

I saw somebody in a redsox jersey in the stands....where the hell were they last year?
Hi.

I'm not here to hate on the Lakers, but I'm damn sure here to hate on Kobe. 6-31, 0-6 from 3 land? At what point will this dude realize some games you have to pass the damn ball? This is why Bynum wont be anything more than a Brian Grant 12 and 9 guy without the dreads until he gets away from Kobe. Not that 12/9 would be bad, but you guys obviously are expecting much more than that.

Where were you theall the other games in the season when Kobe was putting up MVP #s?
It's one thing to say he had a bad game, it's another thing to come in here and straight up hate on the guy and say he completely sucks.
That's what you are doing

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

Originally Posted by ill4eva

I think all the talk about the Celtics not being deep has pretty much dried up now.

I still don't think the Celtics are deep. Their backup center is SCOT POLLARD. Their only decent bench players are Posey and Allen.

Pollard was a backup for the Kings back when they were good. And besides...he only serves one purpose...to grab boards and create second chanceopportunities...it aint like they need their backup center to drop 15 a game. Eddie House is a player too. They're about 8 or 9 guys deep. No differentthan many other successful teams in the past.
I think all the talk about them having no depth is because that big three overshadows everyone else. Its like a HUGE talent dropoff talent afterthem...but people have to realize you're talking about 3 of the best players in the game. People forget that those other guys are solid too.

Laker fans... why you flame your best man? O.k. Kobe was icecold and he took lots of bad shots/decisions tonight... Next time when he scores 50+ he´s GOAT fory´all... I can´t catch this... Give some credit to the D of the Celtics... Lakers have lost against the NBA´s best team and they have to learn their lessonsout of this game... Not more not less...

Horrible Game
sick.gif

Shots weren't falling for the lakers the Whole game credit to the C's D.
That one ref was an idiot i dont blame him for the loss but pretty much all his calls were questionable.

lol at the Short-shorts
laugh.gif

Props to the Celtics... they showed up tonight...

Short shorts
roll.gif

Hard to watch that game...
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

LO might be suspended for what he did...
smh.gif

Lakers better blow out their next opponent...

Laker fans... why you flame your best man? O.k. Kobe was icecold and he took lots of bad shots/decisions tonight... Next time when he scores 50+ he´s GOAT for y´all... I can´t catch this

You have to realize when he scores 50+ he normally has his jumper going and he's getting to the line. If he's efficient its no problem, but when youshoot 6-31 at some point you need to realize your shot is not falling and take it to the rack or look to set up others.

the hate kobe gets from you guys is amazing. criticism is one thing, but some of you are just talking out of your ***. the lakers lost this game. not kobe, orlamar, or fish. THE LAKERS. They played no D while the Celtics showed why they play THE BEST DEFENSE IN THE LEAGUE. its as simple as that. i was watching thecourtside view and it seemed like i heard KG say "GET THAT $%@% OUTTA HERE" about a dozen times. I know you guys love to hate kobe but give credit tothe best defensive team in basketball. they shut everyone down and thats why they will win it all this year....

Celts showed up today
smh.gif

Minus the last three games Kobe has been stinking it up. Let's face it, he got owned by Paul and Lamar got owned by that punk Ray.

Originally Posted by 3PLEDOUBLE

laugh.gif
I finally got one right. The Lakers weren't no match for the superior Celts, they're lucky that they didn't lose by 40 tonight.

And you're still 1-3.
laugh.gif

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Wearing short shorts and having Hall of Famer Jerry West in the building didn't do much to help the Los Angeles Lakers revive theirstoried rivalry with the Boston Celtics.

The Celtics are just too good these days.

With Boston's big three -- Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen -- leading the way, the Celtics overwhelmed Kobe Bryant and the Lakers 110-91 on Sundaynight.

Pierce scored 33, Garnett had 22 points, 12 rebounds and six assists, and Allen scored 19. Even Tony Allen got into the act, chipping in with 16 points whilefilling in for Rajon Rondo.

Bryant scored 22 for Los Angeles, going just 6-of-25 from the floor. Lamar Odom had 14 points and 10 rebounds.

"They're one of the elite teams. They're at the next level," Bryant said. "They're at the level we're trying to get to, and thechallenge is there for us -- do we want to stay in this middle pack, or do we want to get to that next level?

"And that requires for us to kind of double the work load."

The Lakers introduced West as their honorary captain before the game, showed highlights from past players in the storied matchup, and wore throwback, shortshorts for the first half.

Boston coach Doc Rivers enjoyed the big screen video.

"I don't know if it spurred anyone on, but I hope it gave everyone a history lesson in some ways. I thought it was a really classy move, and reallycool to watch," he said.

As for the shorts, which looked particularly outdated in contrast to the Celtics' knee-length attire, Rivers said, "I think it played in our favor,the atmosphere, because they had to get it from somewhere, and maybe those shorts helped us."

He smiled and added, "I told Kobe, the one thing I know from this point on, our generation had better bodies than their generation, because they lookedhorrible in those shorts."

Bryant wasn't thrilled about wearing the old-time shorts.

"I don't know what it feels like to wear a thong, but I imagine it feels something like what we had on in the first half," he said with agrin. "I felt violated. I felt naked. It's one thing to see films with guys wearing those things. ... I'd rather stay warm, man."

Boston took the lead in the first quarter and never relinquished it. Each time the Lakers threatened, the Celtics pulled away again.

The victory in the final of two meetings between the teams this season ran Boston's NBA-best record to 26-3 and extended its winning streak to sixstraight, including all victories on the just-completed four-game road trip.

The defeat ended a four-game winning streak by the Lakers, who still have won 10 of their last 13.

The Celtics prevented Lakers coach Phil Jackson from moving ahead of Boston Hall of Fame coach Red Auerbach on the career wins ladder. Jackson remained tiedwith Auerbach for seventh on the all-time list with 938 victories.

There obviously was a lot of emotion during the game -- and a lot of jawing at the referees, who called seven technical fouls at different junctures: on theCeltics' Garnett, Kendrick Perkins, Ray Allen and coach Rivers; and the Lakers' Bryant, Trevor Ariza and Kwame Brown.

Odom also was called for a flagrant foul late in the game, with Ray Allen drawing his technical on the same play.

Allen said of that brief tangle, "I don't know what Odom was thinking. I got the rebound and he tackled me. I know this is Sunday, but this is thewrong field."

Rivers didn't think most of the technicals were caused by physical play.

"I thought it was just chippy," he said. "I thought everyone was excited, both the teams and the refs. The refs were just trying to geteverybody to calm down."

Pierce said, "Guys are going to come out and try and talk us out of our games. We know we have a big red target on our back and everybody wants to beatthe Celtics. We have the best record in the league and we have to be ready mentally and not get caught up in those little games."

Garnett left the game briefly in the second quarter to get four stitches above his right eye.

Los Angeles, which trailed by double digits much of the game, narrowed the gap to 72-66 with 3:17 left in the third quarter, but Pierce scored 10 points in arow to give the Celtics an 82-66 lead at the end of the period.

laugh.gif

lamar wth???!!! this is probably wats gonna make the season go down alst year it was the injury, now this.. smh

It always sucks to lose. Congratulations to the Celtics for showing that they can win on the road in the Western Conference, they are proving that they arelegit. At the beginning of the season I though that Boston would have trouble playing really good team defense, with all of the changes to their roster butthey have gelled in no time. Hopefully, we'll meet in the finals.

The is a bit of a silver lining to this loss. It will get the younger players' attention and give Phil ample opportunity to show them what they need toimprove and with four days off they can learn from this loss and work on what they did wrong and that learning will be useful down the line. Second, this losswill be a chance to see if the this young Lakers squad can bounce right back. The next seven games are against six sub .500 teams, let's see if we candestroy those teams and stay in the thick of the the race for best record in the conference.

I really don't care that we lost, but how we lost. We played scared, like a bunch of rooks against aged veterans. Celts were playing physical from thestart, and really expose the youth of the Lakers team. Bynum and Farmar disappear when they are against physical play, thats why u saw J Critt in the gameearly(physical guard unlike sasha or farmar), b/c as young players they cannot control their emotions. Worst player on the Lakers by far is Lamar, when heated.He really lets his emotions get to him. Just look at the tackle.

The aggressive team gets the call in the game of basketball, so you can't blame the refs. They played killer on both ends.

A veteran team or a team with heady players can compete with the celts. And we are not even close at the moment. Its not about talent, but more of the mentalaspect. As of right now, its almost as bad the Suns force feeding us with the pick and roll, until we stop the bleeding and get mentally tougher, we don'tstand a chance against the three header veterans.

I mean Kobe played horrible, but dudes are nowhere to be seen 95% of the time when he plays like he usually does. You dudes make it seem like he's such ahorrible player...talking about Bynum will never develop into anything more with this guy and what not
laugh.gif
Y'all talkin some of that reckless sh....
smh.gif

Props to the Celts. They're the real deal. They're gonna be very hard to match up against come playoff time. I'm looking forward to thatPistons/Celtics ECF. That would be
eek.gif

As for us, hopefully, we can regroup and start another winning streak.

Back
Top Bottom