OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
i dont mind gallo. i know we're trying to maximize or cap space, but 3 mil isnt bad compared what everyone else is about to get paid.

NEW YORK POST: During the just-completed season, he acknowledged a desire to hook up with his buddies down the road — Carmelo Anthony, Wade and Chris Paul, whose Clippers don’t have the cap space this summer.

“I really hope that, before our career is over, we can all play together,” James told Bleacher Report. “I would actually take a pay cut to do that.”

View media item 2076147
$44 mill would be enough to pull it off

Wouldn't mind seeing this about 8 years from now when they're on their last leg, pull together to make one whole superstar + all the game knowledge in world word to the 03 Lakers.

stop it with the Rose talk please.

If KD comes to the eastern conference, i see him signing with Boston. Not NYK.

He should def sign with the east

Can confirm #Knicks appear to have multiple deals in place if certain players fall to those specific spot that they like in the draft.

Not understanding this obsession w/ a 30 year old PG coming off of an Achilles injury.

Most free agents these days are going to be entering their 30's when they're available due to the current CBA structure for free agency.

When would we ever have the chance to sign a young star PG in his earli-mid 20's which we haven't drafted?

This is what we're going to have to deal with at this point in the game. Unless we draft a young PG stud, the chances of us getting a young PG through free agency is almost non-existent.

Besides, having an achilles injury isn't the end of the world these days.

Not understanding this obsession w/ a 30 year old PG coming off of an Achilles injury.

Most free agents these days are going to be entering their 30's when they're available due to the current CBA structure for free agency.

When would we ever have the chance to sign a young star PG in his earli-mid 20's which we haven't drafted?

This is what we're going to have to deal with at this point in the game. Unless we draft a young PG stud, the chances of us getting a young PG through free agency is almost non-existent.

Not really an upside for an aging PG either.

exactly. didnt jennings also have an achilles injury and is just 2 years younger? i'll take the better player of the two with conley. unless a team isnt gonna resign a stud after their rookie contract we're stuck with older PGs until we actually draft a good one. i like grant, but we need a floor general and conley is the best option. jennings is too much of a scoring guard and isnt much of a play maker for his teammates.

jennings turns 27 and conley turns 29 by the start of the season. lets not act like jennings is 22. rose's contract is also gonna expire, so if it doesnt work out, it was only a one year experiment.

I'm always conflicted on Dwight.

Not the athlete he once was but he's still a good rim protector, still rebounds well and while he's not a great scorer he'll still get you 14+ points.

Him and Kristaps would keep the rim safe beyond belief.

His demeanor can be seen as a turnoff but at the very least he's a legit big man.

Back
Top Bottom