OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
Like @SonOfTony said, I've always wanted to see Noah in the Garden, I just hope that he has recovered and he's healthy.

His health might be more concerning that D. Rose's.

But if he's not washed, he's gonna be a great fit here. He's super versatile and can be on the floor at the same time as KP without getting in his way and stunting his growth. Great running and defending big man with a good offensive game, playmaking ability and leadership intangibles. Him and KP can switch between PF & C roles on the fly. Our frontcourt is gonna be a force!

We never had a shot with KD, so I'm glad we're locking in the best possible pieces for the upcoming season, while looking towards next summer's free agency and not having any long term deals on the books to cloud our future.

Get Baze/Lee, resign our scrubs and we're ready to rock.

Rose
C. Lee
Melo
KP
Noah

SKRONG!

That's a top 3/4 team in the East.

Reassess what we have after this season, trade up in the draft for a quality rookie to fill our needs and sign another superstar possibly....we could be legit contenders.

Like @SonOfTony said, I've always wanted to see Noah in the Garden, I just hope that he has recovered and he's healthy.

His health might be more concerning that D. Rose's.

But if he's not washed, he's gonna be a great fit here. He's super versatile and can be on the floor at the same time as KP without getting in his way and stunting his growth. Great running and defending big man with a good offensive game, playmaking ability and leadership intangibles. Him and KP can switch between PF & C roles on the fly. Our frontcourt is gonna be a force!

We never had a shot with KD, so I'm glad we're locking in the best possible pieces for the upcoming season, while looking towards next summer's free agency and not having any long term deals on the books to cloud our future.

Get Baze/Lee, resign our scrubs and we're ready to rock.

Rose
C. Lee
Melo
KP
Noah

SKRONG!

That's a top 3/4 team in the East.

Reassess what we have after this season, trade up in the draft for a quality rookie to fill our needs and sign another superstar possibly....we could be legit contenders.

Sign DJ Augustin, re-sign Lance and Gallo and barring any significant injuries that could be a 50+ win squad and a lock for top 3 seed in the east. I think that team beats Toronto 6x out of 10. I like our chances

Edit: Actually thinking about it a little more, I'd prefer Austin Rivers or *puts on flame suit* Waiters instead of DJ. We need some youth in the backcourt and to potentially pair with KP long term. If we grab Waiters tho we'd officially be the Cav haters. Him and Noah would have weekly gatherings to discuss their hate of Lebron :lol:

Last edited:
Waiters Proved in the Playoffs that he could be a good 6th Man when focused and on a team that actually believes in him. But his shot just isn't consistent enough for this squad, off the bench they need guys who can stretch the floor.

we need a backup point guard especially since get rid of all of ours... i wouldnt mind bringing in dj... but still need a starting shooting guard... that should be the main priority since we already signed noah... i wouldnt mind gordon or courtney lee whichever option is cheaper... i think the noah contract is actually good.... it was expected he was going to get paid with the rising cap and the wizards were going to give him a max so i consider 18 million a decent deal... it still gives us flexibility to get a starting shooting guard and a backup pg... obviously it wont be the best available... still think we should have spent the 18million or more money on whiteside instead since hes a better player and not injury prone... but noah is a good player and will be good here if not injured

Noah is dope.

I miss watching the fire ignite in that man's soul. Great locker room dude too.

What ya think of Luol Deng?

Noah is far from washed. Don't let a injured season fool you. Look how trash the Bulls were without him.

18 mill is a bit much though.

Last edited:
I hope we get Noah, he can still play just gotta worry about the random injuries. It's dope he wants to come here and play.

You mean another inefficient no defense playing chucker who thinks he's better than he actually is? I'll pass bro.

Waiters is best as a 6th man. Solid 3pt% last year but the Knicks aren't a good team for him.

Last edited:
Waiters wouldn't be in the best position with this team, but in OKC his defense was above average and from what i saw in the playoffs he wasn't erratic and was actually making great decisions with the Ball.

OJ Mayo is an option that i think can be had for cheap and would be a great option off the bench

Don't want Waiters, I think he's solid but don't want that personality on this team. I'll take Lee over him.

I was just thinking with Melo, Rose and Noah they would be able to mentor him a lot better than KD and Westbrook.

Waiters would be better suited elsewhere, maybe even the Clippers, but certainly not in NY, unless it's Brooklyn. There isn't a vocal leader in NY that would rip into him when he acts up, same thing with "Born Ready". Maybe Noah could be that guy, but hell, it's too much to ask from him, he hasn't even sat a the little table yet.

I'm not sure if you guys watched much of OKC last year but KD/Westbrook kept him under control , Melo/Rose/Noah are def the kind of dudes waiters would vibe with and would play for. Witht hat said Lee is a better fit for a starter and dion is gonna be paid starter money so it doesn't matter anyway.

Also are ya'll dudes done with Galloway already? is he not a suitable backup atleast ?

I just saw one site that had Galloway ranked ahead of Waiters, Evan turner, Crabbe, Al Jefferson, Nene, West, And Mozgov in terms of best available free agents. What are they smoking?

Do y'all think we realistically could sign Crabbe with the remaining $12m after signing Noah? I really want a young 2 that would still be around after we hand the keys to KP in three years

I just saw one site that had Galloway ranked ahead of Waiters, Evan turner, Crabbe, Al Jefferson, Nene, West, And Mozgov in terms of best available free agents. What are they smoking?

Speaking of West, he'd be ideal for NY as a back up big, and no BS demeanor, been a fan of his since he was with NO. But I'd only be down if we can't get a reserve big from Cypress Creek High School down there by Orlando Fl.

Back
Top Bottom