OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ Dallas and San Antonio being fun, entertaining basketball.  You've said some asinine +#@% the past 24 hours but that takes the cake.  No one wants to see those same, methodical, recycled #$* teams lumbering around on the court except Texans and yourself.

If Bulls and Magic do happen, Dwight Howard and Derrick Rose DO NOT mix, I remember last season two times when they played Derrick had to be taken out for the game because of hard fouls by Dwight.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

If you can't see the Thunder are rising, and rising quickly, and the fact that Perk helps them out big time, I don't know what to tell ya.

I'm fine with that. That is legit. They ARE legit, but I'm just not pegging them for a Finals trip just yet. Why? Because I don't see how in the world they can get by the Lakers, and maybe even San Antonio. I'm not counting San Antonio out until that bastard Duncan retires. I'm sorry, but I can't disregard a team that won 61 games this year, and about 30 of those wins were CLUTCH wins. Games coming down to the wire and them winning them.

I'm fine with people writing Dallas off, they have everything to prove right now and don't deserve to be the ones people are picking as they've failed in the Playoffs recently, it's whatever to me. I know because I watched pretty much every game this year, that if we can get rolling, it's going to make for a tough match-up for anyone. It's whether we see that team, or the old team that can't play defense.

OKC is going to be great. They are right now. But what's so wrong with wanting to see them win a playoff series before calling them contenders? I have no problems saying they'd be competitive, I'm not saying they won't. But to see them in the Finals? Eh.

LA, San Anton, Miami, Boston, and Chicago. I'm sticking with San Antonio as contenders because the composition of this team is not that much different from a team that won in 2007, and a team that went to the WCF in 08, AND THEY'RE THE NUMBER ONE SEED.

And if the Thunder end up losing in the second round, or hell even the first round, people will just come back and say they're young what do you expect? THIS IS WHAT I EXPECT. Growing pains, inexperience in the Playoffs.

And the Spurs can't play defense, yet they held the same Thunder team to 74 points in a blowout back in January...

Oh and the Spurs held opponents to 98 PPG, while OKC was 101 PPG.

Oh and the Spurs are super old, even though their oldest back-court guy is 33 and still playing in his prime and the rest of their back-court is under 30. The only old guys they have that slow them down are Duncan and McDyess, but for 36, McDyess is in great shape, and Manu doesn't need to be lightning quick to be efficient.

I've just seen this script before for the last damn decade. The Spurs just won't go away. Their core is too solid, and they keep building upon that, now with Blair, Neal and Hill to compliment their big three.

Shoot me for having an opinion, but I just don't see the Thunder as being Finals-status contenders until I see them win some Playoff series.

I just hope all the upper-seeds win so we can see OKC/SAS and LAL/DAL. It'd be fun, entertaining basketball, and it'd make for great debates on here.

before i become overly critical of your post.. please post your top 5 contenders for this years championship

The last two games the Bulls played ORL with Dwight playing, the strategy was to let D12 get his and mostly stay on the outside shooters. Both ended up as Bulls wins. D12 had 40 and 15 at Chicago, but Bulls still won by 9.

D12 will get his, but Bulls will win the series.

If you can't see the Thunder are rising, and rising quickly, and the fact that Perk helps them out big time, I don't know what to tell ya.

I'm fine with that. That is legit. They ARE legit, but I'm just not pegging them for a Finals trip just yet. Why? Because I don't see how in the world they can get by the Lakers, and maybe even San Antonio. I'm not counting San Antonio out until that bastard Duncan retires. I'm sorry, but I can't disregard a team that won 61 games this year, and about 30 of those wins were CLUTCH wins. Games coming down to the wire and them winning them.

I'm fine with people writing Dallas off, they have everything to prove right now and don't deserve to be the ones people are picking as they've failed in the Playoffs recently, it's whatever to me. I know because I watched pretty much every game this year, that if we can get rolling, it's going to make for a tough match-up for anyone. It's whether we see that team, or the old team that can't play defense.

OKC is going to be great. They are right now. But what's so wrong with wanting to see them win a playoff series before calling them contenders? I have no problems saying they'd be competitive, I'm not saying they won't. But to see them in the Finals? Eh.

LA, San Anton, Miami, Boston, and Chicago. I'm sticking with San Antonio as contenders because the composition of this team is not that much different from a team that won in 2007, and a team that went to the WCF in 08, AND THEY'RE THE NUMBER ONE SEED.

And if the Thunder end up losing in the second round, or hell even the first round, people will just come back and say they're young what do you expect? THIS IS WHAT I EXPECT. Growing pains, inexperience in the Playoffs.

And the Spurs can't play defense, yet they held the same Thunder team to 74 points in a blowout back in January...

Oh and the Spurs held opponents to 98 PPG, while OKC was 101 PPG.

Oh and the Spurs are super old, even though their oldest back-court guy is 33 and still playing in his prime and the rest of their back-court is under 30. The only old guys they have that slow them down are Duncan and McDyess, but for 36, McDyess is in great shape, and Manu doesn't need to be lightning quick to be efficient.

I've just seen this script before for the last damn decade. The Spurs just won't go away. Their core is too solid, and they keep building upon that, now with Blair, Neal and Hill to compliment their big three.

Shoot me for having an opinion, but I just don't see the Thunder as being Finals-status contenders until I see them win some Playoff series.

I just hope all the upper-seeds win so we can see OKC/SAS and LAL/DAL. It'd be fun, entertaining basketball, and it'd make for great debates on here.
You just brought up the Spurs "holding" the Thunder to 74, on the second of a back to back, on the road, ON NEW YEARS..............
indifferent.gif

You thought that was wise to use in your argument? 
grin.gif

I get that you have respect for them, they had a great 5 year run from 93-97.  They were great.  But they are no where near that team.  You brought up "same team as 07" Um, no.  You see a Bruce Bowen type defender out there?  You think Tim Duncan can dominate vs Ibaka, Perk, Nazr, and Collison? 
laugh.gif
  You think that Russ will have problems matching speed with Tony?  The Spurs gonna shoot a ton of 3's this postseason and it's gonna work out for them in a half court game? 

I dunno man, I don't see it.  At all.  And from the looks of things, LOTS of people agree with me on this.  No one has picked SA to advance except for you.  If you are right, you'll have a nice little feather in your cap, if you ain't, you gonna have it rough the next few weeks in here. 
laugh.gif

My opinion.

It was more to CP's point of bringing Dwight out on his jumper and Noah/Boozer cleaning up the rebounds I guess. Ab strain might slow him down but he's always been good laterally to keep guards somewhat out of the paint and let Dwight stay down there. Don't think it's that farfetched.

what has memphis done why clown number 1 and henz dumb self keep thinking teams are scared of them? OKC doesnt want it with them in the playoffs? YA OK.

i already know what will happen when the spurs take them bums out "o OKC is lucky we didnt make it to the 2nd round"

Originally Posted by CP1708

Goin thru the prediction thread, so far not a single person has taken SA to reach the conference finals. 
eek.gif
laugh.gif

Doo rollin over in his grave about now. 
roll.gif

This weekend is going to be @#$%^& fantastic.  Can't wait for this @#$%.  Next weekend though, friggin games at the same time as the NFL draft. 
indifferent.gif
30t6p3b.gif
  Every year it pisses me off.  I take the whole week off just so I can get as much work in as I can with this stuff. 

We have 2 weeks b4 our Fins fumble the draft not 1
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ Dallas and San Antonio being fun, entertaining basketball.  You've said some asinine +#@% the past 24 hours but that takes the cake.  No one wants to see those same, methodical, recycled #$* teams lumbering around on the court except Texans and yourself.
Quit taking things out of context, Jesus..
sick.gif

San Antonio/OKC would be fun, because it's the young team on the rise facing the old vets, the #1 seed in the West.
Dallas/LAL would be fun because it hasn't happened in over 20 years.

You thought that was wise to use in your argument? 
grin.gif

Come on now dude. OKC got swept by San Antonio this year. Fine, they didn't have Perkins then, but why take that away from San Antonio? It's not their fault that's the way the schedule worked out. Plus, you want to explain to me how they aren't a good defensive team anymore but they allowed only 98 PPG? Spurs beat em again on the second-night of a back-to-back on the road, but it wasn't on new-years, so it doesn't mean anything.
laugh.gif

No Duncan ain't the same. He's lost a few steps, but that 07 team didn't have George Hill, Gary Neal, or DeJuan Blair neither. Considering TP had games of 24/5, 14/10, and 20/3, with a sky-high FG%, yeah I think Tony will be just fine. If anyone struggles, it'll be Manu Ginobili.

And the OLD, broke-down spurs who don't have a Bruce Bowen kind of defender? Held Westbrook to 33%. Durant? A manageable 46%. I don't expect them both to struggle that much, but these guys still need room to grow. Westbrook has terrible shot selection. That's my biggest gripe with the Thunder. In the open-court, you can't stop the kid, but in the half-court he thinks he has a Kobe Bryant jumpshot, when it's more like Rajon Rondo most of the time late in games.

please post your top 5 contenders for this years championship

LAL
Chicago
Miami
Boston
San Antonio.

San Antonio will have to pull a few strings to get there, but they last went to the WCF three years ago. With a vastly superior team this time around, IMO. You had Finley, Bowen, Udoka, Oberto, and Elson instead of guys like Blair, Jefferson, Gary Neal, and George Hill.

Some of you are giving the grizz way too much respect, yea yea they've played the spurs well, but come on, your totally disregarding a team that just won 61 games with a solid core and great bench and a master coach with a ton of post-season experience. And then on to OKC, did they beat the spurs this season?
I see the spurs meeting the Lakers in the WCF and giving the "odds on favorite" a run for their money.

Disclaimer: The condition of Manu's elbow may or may not change the previous statement.

please post your top 5 contenders for this years championship

LAL
Chicago
Miami
Boston
San Antonio.

San Antonio will have to pull a few strings to get there, but they last went to the WCF three years ago. With a vastly superior team this time around, IMO. You had Finley, Bowen, Udoka, Oberto, and Elson instead of guys like Blair, Jefferson, Gary Neal, and George Hill.

please explain what anyone on chicago has done in the playoffs? (since experience seems to matter to you)

and if this is in order, by rank of contention.. how do boston and miami BOTH rank so highly? (you said the thunder were unlikely to get past the 2nd round.. well BOTH miami and boston can't get past the 2nd round, considering they would play each other if both got past the 1st)

Derrick Rose was the MVP, their defense is unbeatable, they have an elite coach who has had tons of Playoff experience. They brought in guys with playoff experience. They may not have all the scoring weapons OKC has, but they have that and more in defense and rebounding. Plus they had the best overall record in the NBA. OKC jumped from the 8 seed to the four seed. Chicago jumped from the 8 seed to the ONE seed. OKC increased their wins by 5 wins. Chicago increased their win total by TWENTY ONE.
sick.gif

Miami has two TRUE superstars (I don't consider Russ a superstar, as I've said many times). The three-headed monster can tear up any team in the League. I don't think you'd need any explanation to what Miami can do. But Bron and Wade have carried their past teams to the Finals, together? I'm not going to doubt them.

Boston has made it to the Finals how many times in recent history? Yeah I know they lost Perkins, but they gained a piece for the future in Green, and I believe they've just been keeping Shaq on the shelf so they can have him ready and healthy for the Playoffs, that time is now. I could be way off, but same with the Spurs, I ain't doubting the Celtics till they break up that group.

Derrick Rose was the MVP, their defense is unbeatable, they have an elite coach who has had tons of Playoff experience. They brought in guys with playoff experience. They may not have all the scoring weapons OKC has, but they have that and more in defense and rebounding. Plus they had the best overall record in the NBA. OKC jumped from the 8 seed to the four seed. Chicago jumped from the 8 seed to the ONE seed. OKC increased their wins by 5 wins. Chicago increased their win total by TWENTY ONE.
sick.gif

Miami has two TRUE superstars (I don't consider Russ a superstar, as I've said many times). The three-headed monster can tear up any team in the League. I don't think you'd need any explanation to what Miami can do. But Bron and Wade have carried their past teams to the Finals, together? I'm not going to doubt them.

Boston has made it to the Finals how many times in recent history? Yeah I know they lost Perkins, but they gained a piece for the future in Green, and I believe they've just been keeping Shaq on the shelf so they can have him ready and healthy for the Playoffs, that time is now. I could be way off, but same with the Spurs, I ain't doubting the Celtics till they break up that group.

1) who? and perkins doesn't have playoff experience?

2) ibaka and perkins don't help the thunder in this department? especially considering green and kristic were starting at those positions before? (i assume you didn't read the post i made in response to yours a page or 2 back)

3) what else they got?

4) not exactly sure why the future would matter in THIS year's playoffs.. but if it does, shouldn't the thunder get extra credit?

JA,

please read this before you go on and on about stats or games that applied to a different team:

http://www.dailythunder.c...hunder-before-and-after/

the thunder now make sense position wise

we don't have our PG and SF outrebounding our C and PF

our perimeter defenders no longer need to cheat inside in order to help defend the post and/or rebound

we actually have bigger guys now to set screens for our offensive weapons

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

what has memphis done why clown number 1 and henz dumb self keep thinking teams are scared of them? OKC doesnt want it with them in the playoffs? YA OK.

i already know what will happen when the spurs take them bums out "o OKC is lucky we didnt make it to the 2nd round"
Shut up.
laugh.gif

Just like Conley and Rudy are bums, Z-Bo is a blackhole, they were going to go downhill after that "little run" they made and how they wasn't going to make the playoffs.

I'm telling you, that defense ain't a joke. But, I would rather them show you since no one wants to listen. I don't think a lot of people have seen us on the regular basis and what TA is capable of. It even surprises me.
laugh.gif
  Phoenix did sweep them last year in the playoffs right?

We are young, physical, have a great post presence and deep. San Antonio struggles against our frontline (without Rudy). If they win this series, its going to be Parker having 30+ kinda games or someone like Hill going off in a few games. If TA plays 30+ minutes or whenever Manu is in, I'm confident that he will keep him check. Battier can help out too. When they double Zach, its up to Battier, OJ, Sam and Conley to hit those open shots.

Not saying its an automatic upset, but don't act like we some pushover. And this isn't the same team from 5 yrs ago.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Shut up.

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by h3at23

Originally Posted by CP1708

Goin thru the prediction thread, so far not a single person has taken SA to reach the conference finals. 
eek.gif
laugh.gif

Doo rollin over in his grave about now. 
roll.gif

This weekend is going to be @#$%^& fantastic.  Can't wait for this @#$%.  Next weekend though, friggin games at the same time as the NFL draft. 
indifferent.gif
30t6p3b.gif
  Every year it pisses me off.  I take the whole week off just so I can get as much work in as I can with this stuff. 

We have 2 weeks b4 our Fins fumble the draft not 1
laugh.gif

eek.gif

You just @#$%^ up my whole world bro.  Oh @#$% man I screwed. 
laugh.gif
  I need to take more vaca it looks like. 

Mike, Boozer is good, but against length in the playoffs, look at his track record.  He struggles mightily. 

Barely made the playoffs at that. But hey, if they do succeed without Gay, guess I was right after all. Lol.

JA, why you gotta bring up T-Mac like that? Totally different situation out in OKC... Smh.

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

Memphis made the playoffs as the eighth seed. Look the !+%* out, world.

like i said in the playoffs predication thread:

3 8th seeded teams have advanced past the 1st round: '94 nuggets, '99 knicks and '07 warriors

only 1 of those 3 teams advanced past the 2nd round: '99 knicks

Back
Top Bottom