OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Some of yall reasoning is pitiful. barely made it huh? I guess if they wouldve slapped Portland Tuesday and played Zbo and TA to get the 6th seed they wouldve barely made it?

Klj dont get upset because NOH is only good for 2 big win streaks in the season and played under .500 ball for the rest. And its funny because yall act like im the only one saying teams know we not a joke. Its damn near in every analyst story, chat, etc. Some fool said if Rudy comes to play then the Grizz win. Hardly anybody watch the damn team!

Just hope they dont win that series. Lol

I know my team is a non-factor. You do not.

I am not delusional. You are.

I never run my mouth about my team. You do. Daily. Nobody cares.

laugh.gif

Like i said during the season, the team will do the talking. Just dont be shocked if there actually is an upset. Its a reason why teams wanted to play yall.

Mike, Boozer is good, but against length in the playoffs, look at his track record.  He struggles mightily.
o trust me i know that CP, but other then the lakers whos front line is going to do that to him?

And its funny because yall act like im the only one saying teams know we not a joke. Its damn near in every analyst story, chat, etc

the same ones who say OKC is the team of the future and will win a title soon that you call a joke?

Bigmike23 wrote:
Mike, Boozer is good, but against length in the playoffs, look at his track record.  He struggles mightily.
o trust me i know that CP, but other then the lakers whos front line is going to do that to him?
Well, depending on what you want as a Bulls fan, LA and OKC are 2 teams that could cause him problems.  And I "might" think about Boston, but too much uncertainty right now with their front court. 

Anyways, the intial point I was making though about the 2 was moreso getting his own shot.  I dunno if I would put Booz as a guy that can create his shot.  And if you elevate Deng to that guy, is Deng really all that much different then any of the failures that the Mavs employ?  Or any of the Magic players?  Or Mo Williams last year in Clev?

To me, that's simply my biggest fear about the Bulls.  Will they have a guy that can help Rose out when you know he's going to face a double team, or maybe a long defender type that is harassing him to the point of wearing him down so to speak.  OBVIOUSLY, I don't worry about their front court, or their defense, they will always be in games, but can they get enough punch late to help Rose out on nights where he isn't going to obliterate everyone?  Booz will be fine vs normal front lines, but if you lookin finals matchups, that's a problem.  Or, could be I should say. 

laugh.gif
 see, now you pushing it. 
All I'm saying is, I'll be damned if we don't put up a fight. I think this team got wayyy too much pride and grit to go out in 4, 5 and maybe even 6 games. So, if we lose I expect it to be a fight. We'll basically be doing OKC a favor by giving them a tired/bruised Spurs team. BTW, I don't think Memphis could beat Denver, LAL and maybe Portland in a series. I'm confident they could beat OKC, but OKC can beat us no doubt. Its all about matchups and they matchup well at every position against us. Spurs do not. 

Mike, I do believe OKC is the team of the future. I don't agree with the NOW though. No way they are beating LAL in a series. They can amke the WCF because the top part of the bracket is wide open. That's it. If they were the 3rd seed, they wouldn't make it. I'm not so sure on them beating Portland in a series, then playing L.A. 

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Some of yall reasoning is pitiful. barely made it huh? I guess if they wouldve slapped Portland Tuesday and played Zbo and TA to get the 6th seed they wouldve barely made it?
It doesn't take a math major to figure out that the answer is "yes."

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Derrick Rose was the MVP, their defense is unbeatable, they have an elite coach who has had tons of Playoff experience. They brought in guys with playoff experience. They may not have all the scoring weapons OKC has, but they have that and more in defense and rebounding. Plus they had the best overall record in the NBA. OKC jumped from the 8 seed to the four seed. Chicago jumped from the 8 seed to the ONE seed. OKC increased their wins by 5 wins. Chicago increased their win total by TWENTY ONE.
sick.gif

Miami has two TRUE superstars (I don't consider Russ a superstar, as I've said many times). The three-headed monster can tear up any team in the League. I don't think you'd need any explanation to what Miami can do. But Bron and Wade have carried their past teams to the Finals, together? I'm not going to doubt them.

Boston has made it to the Finals how many times in recent history? Yeah I know they lost Perkins, but they gained a piece for the future in Green, and I believe they've just been keeping Shaq on the shelf so they can have him ready and healthy for the Playoffs, that time is now. I could be way off, but same with the Spurs, I ain't doubting the Celtics till they break up that group.

1) who? and perkins doesn't have playoff experience?

2) ibaka and perkins don't help the thunder in this department? especially considering green and kristic were starting at those positions before? (i assume you didn't read the post i made in response to yours a page or 2 back)

3) what else they got?

4) not exactly sure why the future would matter in THIS year's playoffs.. but if it does, shouldn't the thunder get extra credit?

also JA, please go check who the starting center was for the spurs the last time they won a championship..

so we have 2 players on our team that played a role in winning champhionships for their teams.. and another who played in the championship last year..

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Like i said during the season, the team will do the talking. Just dont be shocked if there actually is an upset. Its a reason why teams wanted to play yall.
Ok, I admit I am salty by saying they barely made it. But you know I am going to be right if the Grizz actually make noise in the playoffs without Gay.

Originally Posted by CP1708

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  You can tell the playoffs are here man, people are jumpin in with both feet today. 
roll.gif
pimp.gif
True that.
laugh.gif

Really, really looking forward to this weekend.
pimp.gif

-------------------------------------------------------------------
F Kevin Love will spend most of the offseason in Los Angeles. That'swhere he attended UCLA for one season. It's also where he plans to workout with pals Derrick Rose and Russell Westbrook this summer, as thethree did last season before they all played on the U.S. team that wonthe World Championships in Turkey.
pimp.gif

With all three having breakout seasons, you know damn well they will stick with the same routine this summer.
laugh.gif

I wonder who will try to join them?
nerd.gif

------------------------------------------------------------------------

4257.jpg

Favors​

3. Derrick Favors
I often compare player developmentto gardening. Some plants require almost nothing, can live anywhere andthrive no matter what. For instance, in NBA terms: Kobe, Wade, LeBron,Griffin.

But most plants require a good amount of sun, water, etc. to dowell. Give them special attention, and they reach their full size andcolor.

Favors should do really well in Utah, where he will get theresources he needs to become very good -- a coach who will use histalent, a GM who will build smartly with him in mind and, mostimportantly, a chance to play a lot now that the Jazz are regroupingand rebuilding.

At worst, Favors will flirt with being a double-double machineand a solid defender, qualities that would put him fourth on this list.But I suspect he'll get enough special attention to pass PatrickPatterson and become the third-best player in this class within fiveyears.

Number 2 on the "most promising futures" list?
Sorry, I don't see it.
Are there ANY Derrick Favors fans on this board who dare to defend his inconsistent and timid play?

Originally Posted by SHUGES

At worst, Favors will flirt with being a double-double machineand a solid defender, qualities that would put him fourth on this list.But I suspect he'll get enough special attention to pass PatrickPatterson and become the third-best player in this class within fiveyears.

Now that's elite company.

Give favors another year and I think he'll change a lot of peoples minds. He's still young, I think he ends up being really good.

So many shots fired.
laugh.gif

And as far as Boozer is concerned, I'm expecting him to be the scape goat if/when the Bulls get eliminated.

Back
Top Bottom