OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

I know my team is a non-factor. You do not.

I am not delusional. You are.

I never run my mouth about my team. You do. Daily. Nobody cares.

roll.gif

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by CP1708

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  You can tell the playoffs are here man, people are jumpin in with both feet today. 
roll.gif
pimp.gif
True that.
laugh.gif

Really, really looking forward to this weekend.
pimp.gif

-------------------------------------------------------------------
F Kevin Love will spend most of the offseason in Los Angeles. That'swhere he attended UCLA for one season. It's also where he plans to workout with pals Derrick Rose and Russell Westbrook this summer, as thethree did last season before they all played on the U.S. team that wonthe World Championships in Turkey.
pimp.gif

With all three having breakout seasons, you know damn well they will stick with the same routine this summer.
laugh.gif

I wonder who will try to join them?
nerd.gif

------------------------------------------------------------------------

4257.jpg

Favors​

3. Derrick Favors
I often compare player developmentto gardening. Some plants require almost nothing, can live anywhere andthrive no matter what. For instance, in NBA terms: Kobe, Wade, LeBron,Griffin.

But most plants require a good amount of sun, water, etc. to dowell. Give them special attention, and they reach their full size andcolor.

Favors should do really well in Utah, where he will get theresources he needs to become very good -- a coach who will use histalent, a GM who will build smartly with him in mind and, mostimportantly, a chance to play a lot now that the Jazz are regroupingand rebuilding.

At worst, Favors will flirt with being a double-double machineand a solid defender, qualities that would put him fourth on this list.But I suspect he'll get enough special attention to pass PatrickPatterson and become the third-best player in this class within fiveyears.

Number 2 on the "most promising futures" list?
Sorry, I don't see it.
Are there ANY Derrick Favors fans on this board who dare to defend his inconsistent and timid play?

You know he's the youngest player in the league right?

laugh.gif
@ thinking anyone would pick SA to make it to the conference finals before the beginning of the season. Ask if SA would have been # 1 in the West, you would get the same response.

Outside of SA, there is no big following. Also with last years lost to PHX, why would anyone pick them?

Nonetheless, you have to play the games. Let's see what Memphis is all about. I think it will go 6 games w/ SA winning.

Hopefully Ginobili recovers well. I definitely do not want to feel like the Celtics without Perkins in Game 7.

PO

Originally Posted by SHUGES

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  You can tell the playoffs are here man, people are jumpin in with both feet today. 
roll.gif
pimp.gif
True that.
laugh.gif

Really, really looking forward to this weekend.
pimp.gif

-------------------------------------------------------------------
F Kevin Love will spend most of the offseason in Los Angeles. That's where he attended UCLA for one season. It's also where he plans to work out with pals Derrick Rose and Russell Westbrook this summer, as the three did last season before they all played on the U.S. team that won the World Championships in Turkey.
pimp.gif

With all three having breakout seasons, you know damn well they will stick with the same routine this summer.
laugh.gif

I wonder who will try to join them?
nerd.gif

------------------------------------------------------------------------

4257.jpg

Favors​

3. Derrick Favors
I often compare player development to gardening. Some plants require almost nothing, can live anywhere and thrive no matter what. For instance, in NBA terms: Kobe, Wade, LeBron, Griffin.

But most plants require a good amount of sun, water, etc. to do well. Give them special attention, and they reach their full size and color.

Favors should do really well in Utah, where he will get the resources he needs to become very good -- a coach who will use his talent, a GM who will build smartly with him in mind and, most importantly, a chance to play a lot now that the Jazz are regrouping and rebuilding.

At worst, Favors will flirt with being a double-double machine and a solid defender, qualities that would put him fourth on this list. But I suspect he'll get enough special attention to pass Patrick Patterson and become the third-best player in this class within five years.

Number 2 on the "most promising futures" list?
Sorry, I don't see it.
Are there ANY Derrick Favors fans on this board who dare to defend his inconsistent and timid play?

Probably the same folk who were with them down here last summer. Juice, Jrue, KD, brandon rush, Brandon Jennings, tyreke evans, etc.

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

Matt Bonner is gonna go 8-10 from 3 point range on sunday. I feel it. 
laugh.gif
With the way the Grizzlies gamble and the Spurs ball movement, this is entirely possible.

Originally Posted by PMatic

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

Matt Bonner is gonna go 8-10 from 3 point range on sunday. I feel it. 
laugh.gif
With the way the Grizzlies gamble and the Spurs ball movement, this is entirely possible.
I do too. 
laugh.gif

He hit like 4 in one game earlier in the season. I think the next game they paid a little more attention to him though.

I've yet to see much Grizzlies at all this season, but with the emergence of Tony Allen and them playing great ball lately, I'm excited for that series and hoping for an upset.

Listened to 2 part BS Report playoff preview podcast...
Some big-time gamblers in Vegas like the Thunder to win it all.
Henry Abbott called the past week's WC seeding battle the "Dallas" lottery and almost everyone agreed.

Originally Posted by mYToAsterspeak

How do you post pictures and gifs. I need to get ready for when Miami lose

how about if miami wins the title this year you never ever post again?

Originally Posted by MrONegative

If Dallas gets humiliated in the 1st round, where do they go from here? Any way Tyson Chandler takes a walk?
Trade Kidd, JET, and Beaubois.

Try to get something of relevance around Dirk and Tyson. Deron would have been nice.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by MrONegative

If Dallas gets humiliated in the 1st round, where do they go from here? Any way Tyson Chandler takes a walk?
Trade Kidd, JET, and Beaubois.

Try to get something of relevance around Dirk and Tyson. Deron would have been nice.
tired.gif

Trade Kidd? 
laugh.gif

For what, box of sneakers? 

Kinda @#$%^& market you expect on a 39 year old point guard? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I listened to part one of the podcast yesterday, was pretty much Bill doin everything he can to hate on us and talk about the Celtics.  I fully intend on making his life miserable the next 2 months with more "way to trade your starting center for a bench player" type tweets. 
happy.gif
   * (and let the record show, I was in favor of that deal, provided Shaq was healthy and Green would fit in, neither has happened......yet 
nerd.gif
)
I'll listen to part 2 today and see how that one is.  More of the same I expect. 

Trucker Jim out here in Portland just called and said that the NBA is wide open this year, and any team can go on a run and win the title.  He named Portland specifically.  All it takes is a 12 game winning streak he says..........then he blew his trucker horn. 

If you think I am making that story up, you are sadly mistaken.  I couldn't make something like that up, nor would I.  That actually happened. 

I feel like I get dumber by the minute living out here. 
30t6p3b.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

CP1708 wrote:

Trucker Jim out here in Portland just called and said that the NBA is wide open this year, and any team can go on a run and win the title.  He named Portland specifically.  All it takes is a 12 game winning streak he says..........then he blew his trucker horn. 

If you think I am making that story up, you are sadly mistaken.  I couldn't make something like that up, nor would I.  That actually happened. 

I feel like I get dumber by the minute living out here. 
30t6p3b.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

i use to think lakers' fans were the epitome of irrational homers.. but portland takes the cake (this also applies to their front office.. who seems to deem everyone untouchable)

and JA, the 3 players you named what is the lengths and amounts of their contracts? (since that inevitably will always be dallas' biggest problem to any trade.. unless the contract is expiring.. see: brendan haywood)

Originally Posted by Al3xis

that little weirdo needs to suck it up and play ball.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Man, lookin at that clip, lookin like Rondo and Perk in the Notebook 2 or some @#$% 

Originally Posted by Al3xis

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Man, lookin at that clip, lookin like Rondo and Perk in the Notebook 2 or some @#$% 

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You right I didnt know they were that close. RR gotta focus on winning a title leave that emotion crap behind

Al3xis wrote:

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

They had him staring on the window in the rain on some sad Amaechi #*!#.
laugh.gif

And this N has no other friends on the team?
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom