Official 2011-12 Houston Rockets Season Thread: Dejection, and it feelsbadman.

I'll probably go check them out in San Antonio since I still won't be in Houston.

And at this point there's Morey can really do. That trade fiasco absolutely killed Morey's plans.
We're going to stand pat and finish 8-9th.  This cycle of suck will continue. At least I have the Texans.

Just letting people know that I'm gonna be stealing someone's Rockets sig sooner or later. And a Texans one
if I see a good one.

Oh man, I CANNOT believe I didn't see this thread earlier. Rockets have been my team since I started getting into basketball heavily back at the start of the 07-08 season. When my dad was sick with cancer, watching Rockets games was really my only escape. I watched the Lakers opening-night game in late October 2007 with my pops and I just fell in love with the game and the team. I distinctly remember 3 occurrences from that game. 1. Walton tipping ball into Laker's basket(my dad said he had never seen that before) 2. Tmac Tomahawk Dunk(it seemed as the season progressed he lost that sort of lift) 3. Battier with the winning 3-point shot. The epic 22-game win streak(Yao went down after game 12 I believe) , development of Scola and Landry, Alston's presence...It made me fall in love with this game. Unfortunately, my father passed away in April of 2008. I was very depressed at the time but cheering for the rockets and seeing them play with so much heart and hustle really impacted me. I devoted the summer of 2008 to learn everything I could about the NBA and the history of the franchise. I actually cried when I head about the RonRon trade...The 2009 season was just as memorable as the previous. The Suns fight between Barnes and Alston that got Mac, Nash, and Shaq involved...Artest winning the game against the Jazz in 2-OT for us then trading our starting pg skip for a back-up in Lowry, Tmac going down with knee and shoulder injuries, getting out of the first round, taking the lakers to 7 games in the second round, Yao's hairline fracture(s), the end of Tmac in Htown, and the last two years of mediocrity. I know I may be a newer fan when compared with some of you but my connection to the Rockets doesn't stop there. The reason I'm so entwined with Rockets is because as a 2nd generation Chinese-american, everyone in my family loved Yao...He was and still is the heart and soul of China... Growing up in SoCal, in high school Everyone would comment that I looked like Yao Ming. I was 6'3'' as a freshman and before I started watching bball, I would've taken that as an insult.( I was really insecure and shy throughout most of HS) When I became a Rockets fan, that all changed...In a school full of Laker fans, I showed love for the Rox proudly and would even slam all the Laker fans because I knew they were just bandwagoners and did not possess the amount of basketball knowledge that I had.
laugh.gif
My hobby was to destroy anyone that tried to talk basketball with me because I knew I could...Also, I didn't know much about the NBA but Tmac was my favorite player dating back to 2002. A kid in my class had the original black tmacs with blue lines and I liked them so much I had my mom buy me some fake Orlando Patent-leather TmacIIIs when we were in China and those were just my favorite shoes for all of about 4 months(fell apart on me)...When I was in the 7th grade, my dad ordered a pair of Tmac 4s for me(he was in michigan while I lived with my mom in SoCal) and those were the most expensive shoes I'd had at the time. I remember they were $125 retail and had this laceless system where you would turn this little knob in the back of the shoe to tighten or loosen it. Oh man those kicks meant so much to me and I still have them...I literally went to the Adidas website and looked at the page that detailed the technology behind the shoes everyday for two weeks, Lol. I had so much love for McGrady and Yao and I still do...I just wanted to see them to well. From the point I got into basketball, it didn't last very long but I enjoyed each and every game they played together. I truly believed when Yao was healthy that he was the best center in the game. I also held onto the hope that McGrady could pull it together and get back to a 2004-06 level but it wasn't meant to be...These past two years have been rough but Morey is doing what he can to improve the team and he gets more heat than he deserves. I didn't like that Adelman was basically forced to resign, he really brought a lot to this team and I don't think McHale will do as well as him. I'm not saying tank but we don't need a major trade to go down(I didn't like Gasol trade one bit)...Let us just play our guys and let them gain some experience. Even start Thabeet, see what he is made of. I can see him turning out to be a 8 point 10 rebound 2 block guy if he gets pt to develop. There is no point in having such a young squad if we are not going to play our players. If we do bad, then great, we get a higher draft pick. It's a win-win situation considering 2012's expected draft pool. I honestly don't see the Knicks doing well this year either. That pick may end up more valuable than we think. All in all, I have nothing but love for this team and organization. I am overjoyed to find this thread and connect with my fellow Rocket fans. OP, I know I have not been around this forum as long as others but I would be honored if you would add me to the list!! (P.S. I am a member of Clutchfans under the same username)

LeoUnot  
pimp.gif

Thanks for sharing your story.  I live and die with this team. No other team can replace the passion and love I have for the Rockets.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Man, LeoUnot's post almost makes me think the Rockets can go 55-11 this season.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Always liked the Rockets (after the 90's), hope they do well.

Originally Posted by blackxme

LeoUnot  
pimp.gif

Thanks for sharing your story.  I live and die with this team. No other team can replace the passion and love I have for the Rockets.

agreed, that and them Texans boyyyyy.
I relate to the Rockets a little more since I've grown up playing basketball but the Texans are a part of me since I've literally been there since the beginning. 10 years man, a longgggggggggg 10 years. 

Yeah I'm with you. I was too young to enjoy the Oilers or even remember when they left, so the Texans have been my football team since day 1.
David Carr, That offensive line that ended his career, Matt Stevens. MATT STEVENS. 
sick.gif

I still have love for the Oilers, but the HOUSTON Oilers, not the Tennessee Oilers nor the Tennessee Titans. I've always loved
football more than basketball, which is why I relate to the Texans more than the Rockets, but I've always stayed down with
the Rockets no matter what. I remember making these championship banners back in 94/95 for my school during that time
(1st or 2nd grade I guess). Good times right there
pimp.gif

That's probably a reason why my optimism creeps in with the Rockets, cause we have been 1 star player or just 1 very good
player (a center) away from going all the way. We went 43-39 last year, including beating teams that were more talented than
us (Celtics, Lakers), and losing to the Heat twice by the exact same score (125-119). Based on the Houston Chronicle, we're
pretty much gonna roll with Thabeet & Hill at center. Not even mad.

Lets see what we can do this year.....its looking like another mediocre season, but im riding with them regardless as usual...

IMO.....we need to TANK this season and try to grab a top 5 pick next year.....

Bigs making an impact.
pimp.gif
On a side note, anyone else notice Lee rocking the black cement 3s lol

I'm not a Rockets fan, but I like to keep up with the team since I'm from here and live here. I hope the Rockets do well this season and make it back to the playoffs.

Let's go to a Mavs/Rockets game, guys.
nerd.gif

I want a Jeremy Lin jersey.
pimp.gif

Samuel Dalembert... Eh. We needed a presence in the middle and I think we all knew he was going to end up here somehow after that deal fell through. 

Morey better not overpay for Dalembert. He is 31 already too. But clearly Morey refuses to straight up rebuild and would prefer to sneak into the playoffs somehow. 
laugh.gif

It better be no more than 2 years 8 million.

@nicedreams That's exactly Morey's plan, wouldn't be surprised if we did either.

Back
Top Bottom