OFFICIAL 2011 DODGERS SEASON THREAD [ 79-77 ] : MLB asks for sale of Dodgers

McCourt's situation is terrible, but Ned should be able to build a consistent winner with the payroll he's given. I highly doubt McCourt is the one who wanted Uribe, Lilly, Pierre, Jones, Schmidt, (I can keep going but you guys get the point).

It'll be interesting to see if Ned ever gives in to the constant questions about ownership.

eyes.gif
espn.

That poll is funny. If they are not going to include Kershaw then Weaver should not be there in that question. Going by the fact that the other pitchers have CY Young awards, which is probably the basis on what the voters--voted.

*No the quality of a pitcher should be based solely on awards.

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

McCourt's situation is terrible, but Ned should be able to build a consistent winner with the payroll he's given. I highly doubt McCourt is the one who wanted Uribe, Lilly, Pierre, Jones, Schmidt, (I can keep going but you guys get the point).

It'll be interesting to see if Ned ever gives in to the constant questions about ownership.
I completely agree, however the reason Ned is in place is because of McCourt.  He even gave Ned an extension. 
30t6p3b.gif

He's an awful GM

Judge denies McCourt's request to use his own loan, orders #Dodgers to negotiate with MLB for loan. - Bill Shaikin

step 1 complete fellas..
McCourt just lost 5 mil. because his loan didnt go thru.

Originally Posted by eyegiantjackpot

Judge denies McCourt's request to use his own loan, orders #Dodgers to negotiate with MLB for loan. - Bill Shaikin

step 1 complete fellas..
McCourt just lost 5 mil. because his loan didnt go thru.

happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

we were never going to beat the phillies anyway.
laugh.gif

i think 08 was more their year to do it then 09. 

the phillies weren't really established yet, they got swept by the rockies the year before and aside from beating the brewers in the 08 nlds, they hadn't made a name of themselves yet, and also no cliff lee either.

the dodgers were up 2-0 in game 1 through 6 innings before giving up 2 home runs

game 2   brett myers went 3 for 3  with 3 rbi's,  which is something that wouldn't happen often

game 3  the dodgers win

game 4,   the broxton screw up game

game 5 cole hammels shut them down.

game 4  and possibly game 1 could've been won in that series.

In 2009, it seemed like the phillies just had their way with them, the entire series. once they got to kershaw in game 1 it was downhill from there. the only game the dodgers won, they didn't look convincing in at all, and aside from game 4 philly smacked them around at home. hell even if broxton didn't blow that save in game 4.  they go back to LA most likely down 3-2 facing cliff lee in game 6 and losing in 6.

2008 was their year to beat philly in my eyes.

IRS is investigating McCourt for his 2006-2008 returns, after Jamie claimed they didn't pay Federal or State tax from 2004-2009. 
I guess their special ways to avoid taxes caught up to them. 

I'm probably late on this.  
laugh.gif

I don't fully understand the ruling. So the judge denied it, but now they can get a loan from MLB? How is that good news? Will Selig just use that as more ammo to take over the team?

It was my understanding that the private loan would have also entailed some $$$$ that would have gone into McCourt's pocket.

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

I don't fully understand the ruling. So the judge denied it, but now they can get a loan from MLB? How is that good news? Will Selig just use that as more ammo to take over the team?

It will just help the team stay afloat as far as making payroll, and handling their day to day operations, but Frank is not pocketing any extra money from it. 

Right, that's how I understood it as well FB

MrJ I'm Norwalk bound, just entered escrow on a house on Pioneer just north of the 5

Summary of the area por favor plebe

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

MrJ I'm Norwalk bound, just entered escrow on a house on Pioneer just north of the 5

Summary of the area por favor plebe

what's it near? wal mart? dennys?

as long as you dont live near the one ways in norwalk then you're good. lol

i swear i hate living near the one ways.. from all the gun shots i hear every other week.

IMO thats actually the nice side of NORWALK.

Hahaha I was trying to remember the name of that store but yeah, across the street on the other side of Pioneer from Stop and Go

c'mon folks...3 in a rwo and 4 out of 5!!!
we're heating up...
yeah...who am I kidding?
-J-

Back
Top Bottom