Official 2012 Boxing Thread: JMM/Manny IV - FOTY.

Originally Posted by Tony Montana

So, am I the only one that thinks the fight was REALLY close & it couldve gone either way..?

On the stream I was watching, the announcers were really insistent on the fight being really close and that it could be scored either way.

They were completely fine when the decision was read and weren't crying in outrage or anything.

That's why when they read the decision, I actually wasn't too surprised because the announcers kind of led me to think it really could go either way.

Interpretations are one thing but facts are another. The compubox stats told the real story.

It wasn't Pac's greatest performance but there's absolutely no way Bradley won that fight. Even if you gave EVERY close round to Bonk it's still not enough.

Sat there in awe with everyone else in the room and had to take a minute to drunkenly digest what had just happened. Then I thought about good ol' Bob and it all made sense.

From Duane Ford, one of the judges who scored it for Bonk:
"You've got to put the ball in the basket and Manny didn't put the ball in the basket enough. ... This isn't American Idol. If I judge for the people, I shouldn't be a judge. I went in with a clear mind and judged each round. ... I don't look at the punch stats but I saw Manny miss a lot of punches and Bradley hit Manny and win a lot of the exchanges. ... I'm comfortable with my performance. I thought Bradley gave Pacquiao a boxing lesson."

tired.gif

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

All of Manny's activities have caught up to him..   politics, bible study, age, etc...  dare i say it, PEDs during the previous fights
ohwell.gif
  ?  The fire in his eyes we saw in the Barrera/Morales, first 2 JMM fights, is not there anymore.  He reminds me of Oscar when he had too much going for him late in his career and still trying to fight.

Very interesting analogy. I see where you're coming from with that one.

Pac may have lost a step, or the fire has died down a bit. But he was still 2 steps ahead of Bradley last night and should've gotten the decision. After rewatching the fight I gave 1,3,10, and 12 to Bradley. 1 and 3 could definitely be argued for Manny, still, I scored it for Bonk.

116-112 Pacquiao

Originally Posted by HankMoody

So NT's very own Ben Baller has been saying all week on twitter that the fight would be fixed and he bet 5k on Bradley, which turned into 20k.

Real life is a trip.

Ben Baller might be tweeting the truth but the again he also has claimed to have played football & basketball for the Cal Bears.

Originally Posted by vanexellent

Originally Posted by HankMoody

So NT's very own Ben Baller has been saying all week on twitter that the fight would be fixed and he bet 5k on Bradley, which turned into 20k.

Real life is a trip.

Ben Baller might be tweeting the truth but the again he also has claimed to have played football & basketball for the Cal Bears.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

"You've got to put the ball in the basket and Manny didn't put the ball in the basket enough. ... This isn't American Idol. If I judge for the people, I shouldn't be a judge. I went in with a clear mind and judged each round. ... I don't look at the punch stats but I saw Manny miss a lot of punches and Bradley hit Manny and win a lot of the exchanges. ... I'm comfortable with my performance. I thought Bradley gave Pacquiao a boxing lesson."

tired.gif

Whatever makes him sleep at night.  He and CJ Ross sold their self-respect for a couple of dollars.  Bradley's punches were not landing flush and were not doing any damage.  And in most of those exchanges, Pacquiao would catch him with his left and back him up.  Bradley clearly lost the fight, you could even see it in his wife's face.  Come on now, she was ready to cry because she knew he lost...

The fight isn't even debatable .. unlike the last fight.. i don't think anyone would argue if JMM won that fight, well maybe the PAC stans..

But DAMN .. STRAIGHT ROBBERY :EEK

Is the rematch really Manny's last fight on his contract? Confirmed?

Dude is bout to start drinking and cheating on Jinkee again.

"I trusted God...he gives me a loss."

Damn, I didn't even hear when he said that
30t6p3b.gif
I've never been the biggest Manny supporter but he deserved better than that especially against a trash @!@, ducking, headbutting bum like Tim !@*!%#+ Bradley
laugh.gif
I hope he creams him in the first 30 seconds in November.

Originally Posted by mco85

No Bradley was def up to at least +432
No.  He wasnt.  Manny was up to -450.....that doesnt mean Bradley was +450.  Bradley was +325 at its highest point, and was going DOWN as it got closer to the fight.
Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

If Bradley was +300, then 5K would have won 15K. 5+15=20. Bradley decision would've won more obviously.

Thats not how it works bro. You dont count how much you wagered into how much you won. 
laugh.gif

And maybe he bet Bradley decision....thats why I was telling dude to ask BB to post his ticket.

Originally Posted by Degenerate423

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

tired.gif

Whatever makes him sleep at night.  He and CJ Ross sold their self-respect for a couple of dollars.  Bradley's punches were not landing flush and were not doing any damage.  And in most of those exchanges, Pacquiao would catch him with his left and back him up.  Bradley clearly lost the fight, you could even see it in his wife's face.  Come on now, she was ready to cry because she knew he lost...

All 3 judges were in, even the one who scored it in favor of Pacquiao. He had to make it close to not make the other 2 judges look as lopsided.

Harold Lederman even said Roth and Ross were questionable judges. Duane Ford, though, was the one judge Lederman praised. It's just crooked all around.

If that is indeed the case, I could see "THE FIGHT" happening during that first weekend in May...

But...will the interest still be the same?

EDIT:

Damn, I didn't even hear when he said that
Pro, he didn't. Prob is on his mind, though.

Originally Posted by coolgy023

So, am I the only one that thinks the fight was REALLY close & it couldve gone either way..?

On the stream I was watching, the announcers were really insistent on the fight being really close and that it could be scored either way.

They were completely fine when the decision was read and weren't crying in outrage or anything.

That's why when they read the decision, I actually wasn't too surprised because the announcers kind of led me to think it really could go either way.
I saw it in PPV and the announcers were biased towards pacquiao.. they basicly gave him every round.. 

Originally Posted by coolgy023

I saw it in PPV and the announcers were biased towards pacquiao.. they basicly gave him every round.. 

I watched it online in Japanese and couldn't understand one word, I scored it 8 rounds to Pacquiao, the other 4 were close.

Originally Posted by LESGodSonC0

^

Obviously. But if he's no longer with Top Rank...

Ask Cotto.
I see. But when exactly does the contract end? I hate Bob Arum with a passion, but that was one hell of a chess move. It sets up Timothy Bradley for at least 3 more PPV fights.

But who's gonna buy those fights? Bradley got whooped and was gift wrapped a SD that nobody on any media outlet believes he deserved. His marketability was shot after this fight.

Bradley is not the next cash cow.

Arum just killed his current cash cow.

Three judges' credibility is lookin like Richard Steele's.

Marquez won't be getting that 4th fight in November that he was gearing up for.

All things considered, Arum has really screwed himself in the long run
laugh.gif

I wouldn't buy a Bradley PPV no matter who he's fighting. He can't even punch he's not a PPV fighter won't draw the numbers. Look at the Alexander fight couldn't even sell out the arena.

What does this mean for Floyd though who can he fight and when? 

To a certain degree...

The casual boxing fan (AKA the ones who show up ONLY for Floyd and/or Manny fights) might not have even watched this fight, they've prob read or heard about it, and will assume...Bradley is the guy that beat Pacman's #$*.

EDIT: And honestly, at this point...who wants ANOTHER Marquez fight? Personally, I think he took all 3 fights BUT...he'll never get a decision in Vegas...

Regardless of what happen to Manny yest.

What does this mean for Floyd though who can he fight and when?

There isn't anybody. From a money standpoint, Canelo? But who really sees him as a threat to Floyd. And GBP doesn't seem eager to throw him to the wolves like that, anyway.

I

Originally Posted by LESGodSonC0

To a certain degree...

The casual boxing fan (AKA the ones who show up ONLY for Floyd and/or Manny fights) might not have even watched this fight, they've prob read or heard about it, and will assume...Bradley is the guy that beat Pacman's #$*.

EDIT: And honestly, at this point...who wants ANOTHER Marquez fight? Personally, I think he took all 3 fights BUT...he'll never get a decision in Vegas...

Regardless of what happen to Manny yest.

i agree with that point, but that casual boxing fan isnt buying PPVs like that. especially when the new guy (bradley) is someone theyve never heard of, no? seems very premature for top rank to crown bradley as the next big thing and promote the rematch before the fight, especially given his performance last night and his fighter profile (as mentioned above).

edit: like i told my friends...manny needs to start drinking, gambling, and womanizing again. i want the wild dude who threw 1000 punches like nothing and hit 20%
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom