OFFICIAL 2015-2016 College Football Season Thread

Wait, what?

I think that I'm in on Cristobal. I feel like he would be able to put together a highly competent staff, plus he would kill recruiting down there. He understands the job. Training under Saban for a few years can't hurt either. 
Are you willing to risk if he learned anything under saban tho? It's an IF with him
There's an if under every candidate. I was initially worried about him getting the job, but I think that it would be fine now. It's really a very very unique job. I'll be fine with either Chud or Cristobal. I don't think that Herman will be realistic. 

Wait, what?

I think that I'm in on Cristobal. I feel like he would be able to put together a highly competent staff, plus he would kill recruiting down there. He understands the job. Training under Saban for a few years can't hurt either. 

Broke about an hour ago. Something must have happened between the commitment and yesterday that made the staff turn him down. It was odd he committed this early, because he said he was going to the Pitt game and would make his decision after. The lead SB Nation Recruiting writer said that SU dodged a bullet.

mean.gif

This season sucks injury-wise. 

Luckily Baylor still has a bye and then KState as a tune-up for their backup before the meat of their schedule hits. Their run game should be able to alleviate some of the pressure off of the freshman as well.

College GameDay ‏@CollegeGameDay  2h2 hours ago
We're coming to Philly! See you Saturday, @Temple_FB and @NDFootball. 
 FOX College Football ‏@CFBONFOX  41m41 minutes ago
Iowa State head coach Paul Rhoads says offensive coordinator Mark Mangino has left the program.

The sky isn't falling. We lost to good Bama and Ole Miss teams. 

We could easily be 9-2 heading into the LSU game. 

Texas A&M has already exceeded expectations, IMO.

I remember when they made the move to leave the Big XII and go to the SEC and everyone said they were going to be a doormat.

Anyone saying A&M having a sub-9 win season is disappointing must've started watching college football in 2012.

The sky isn't falling. We lost to good Bama and Ole Miss teams. 

We could easily be 9-2 heading into the LSU game. 

Texas A&M has already exceeded expectations, IMO.

I remember when they made the move to leave the Big XII and go to the SEC and everyone said they were going to be a doormat.

Anyone saying A&M having a sub-9 win season is disappointing must've started watching college football in 2012.
I was surprised how good they were entering the SEC, but they are spending big, recruiting top 10 classes, producing NFL talent, its getting to that time when you have to ask are they going to win big.

The move to the SEC has been big. You're right, they are spending, but you don't replace a college talent like Manziel overnight. Will they win big, yeah, if they let Sumlin build that program.

The sad thing, is the way things move nowadays, there is very little time for coaches to build dynasty type programs.

8-9 win season and you're on the hot seat, :lol: (aka Les Miles every 2-3 years :lol:).

Some teams are not going to win or compete for the National Title every year, and even that goes in cycles.

This is do or die. We can't miss on another hire and fall back another 5 years. It's either this coach brings us back or we never do anything again.

Yep, I would figure the kids you're recruiting have to have memories from childhood-to-signing day of that school, at some point, ranking among the few elites we have every year. And you can't flicker. They need to remember.

The last time the U was No. 1-5 in the AP Poll for an entire month was 2004 (a team that Frank Gore and Devin Hester were on)... and even then they finished the season outside the Top 10 by the time the year was over.

The kids Miami recruits in 2015 were 6- and 7-year olds in 2004. How much football were you watching at that age?

Last edited:
I don't even want Cristobol to get an interview/mention. He went an abysmal 27-47 at FIU and just left us recently after like 2 months on the job. Give no dambs about his recruiting acumen, anyone with a pulse and half a brain can recruit our area.

Butch Davis seems like he's willing to coach for peanuts, they really going to deny him the opportunity?

We'll probably be saying the same thing about Nauta too. Harbaugh is gonna put AJ Williams in the league and recruits won't notice.

I should have quoted who I was replying to, which, whatever.

Last edited:
 Cal quarterback Jared Goff is the darling of the internet with some predicting the junior will be the first selection of the 2016 draft if he enters, an opinion not shared by myself or west coast scouts, or at least an opinion not shared to this point. But will Goff enter the draft? During several conversations late last week with those on the west coast close to the situation I’m told Goff’s family is giving every indication he will make the jump to the NFL once he closes out the season. And though far from a guarantee, it seems more than the usual evaluation process is taking place at this time. Another interesting nugget passed on to me; NFL general managers are reaching out to sources besides west coast scouts to gather information on the Goff at this stage. The past two games have not been pretty as Goff has thrown five interceptions and was sacked eight times and this weekend Cal faces a resurgent USC squad.

Staying in the PAC 12, I earlier mentioned Caleb Benenoch of UCLA will consider entering the draft. Sources on the west coast tell me they believe it’s a foregone conclusion teammate Kenny Clark, the defensive lineman, will leave for the NFL once the season is complete.

Another junior that seems headed for the draft is Arkansas tight end Hunter Henry. I’m told Henry has met with a number of agents in recent weeks and is giving indications he’s ready to move on.
http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=10932

Jim Harbaugh at his press conference today...

On if he has received any updates from the NCAA on the reasoning for Joe Bolden's ejection:

“No [I’ve not received any information] I can share. This is a point of reference, not into the if this/if that, type of scenarios. If worms had machine guns, then birds wouldn’t be scared of them, you know it’s uh, it’s, we’re looking to find our season over the next number of games that we play.”

(Later on)

On if or where he came up with the worms/machine gun phrase:

“Sometimes I never know. It’s like, sometimes I’m 95 percent sure I did think of it, but I’m never, I don’t know if I read it in a book, saw it in a movie, dreamed about it, or just came up with it. Not for sure [I made that up myself]. I can’t say positively, I’ve read some Hemingway so, somewhere along the line I’ve got it in my brain.”

He definitely said "birds wouldn't be scared of them" if they [worms] had machine guns, so yes, it's an original quote (because that doesn't make sense, it should be 'birds would be scared of them') even if he is quoting somebody's original words - without knowing it. :lol:

Edit:

Any chance Harbaugh follows...

View media item 1763312

Because no more than a month and a half later, he said:

View media item 1763313

According to BrainyQuote (which is basically like starting a sentence with 'No offense, but' or 'Not to be racist, but') it's really credited to former great coach and AD at UT Darrell Royal. Thought maybe he and Jack Harbaugh coached against each other or crossed timelines but I don't see anything, and the first time Michigan and Texas met was the '05 Rose Bowl.

View media item 1763314

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom