OFFICIAL 2015-2016 College Football Season Thread

They grew up seeing UF being elite/great but hearing of um & FSU being elite
And all of their family members and communities are UM fans. Really doesn't matter how old they were when UM was good, kids still grow up dreaming of playing at Miami. 

Coley gotta go bruh. If Cristobal means that he stays, then maybe we need to hire Chud and make Cristobal associate HC.

Butch isn't happening, BoT won't allow it unfortunately. I can get with the idea of Cristobal coming back after a three year apprenticeship under Nick Saban.

Last edited:
Coley gotta go bruh. If Cristobal means that he stays, then maybe we need to hire Chud and make Cristobal associate HC.

:lol: we already tried making him associate HC and he left six weeks later for Tuscaloosa. Doubt he'll come back for anything less than a HC position

The butch smoke is getting thicker and thicker [emoji]128064[/emoji][emoji]128064[/emoji][emoji]128064[/emoji]

laugh.gif
we already tried making him associate HC and he left six weeks later for Tuscaloosa. Doubt he'll come back for anything less than a HC position
He saw how the Golden Era was going to end. That was smart on his end because he wouldn't even be a candidate right now if he stuck around.

Butch isn't getting that job either. 

TAMU has a divided locker room? Murray guys and Allen guys?
Exactly, hence my comment about regaining control of the team. Apparently some promises might have been made to Kyler to keep him from flipping to Texas late in the recruiting cycle and those promises aren't exactly being kept. The whole situation with Kyler and Spav didn't exactly help things either (I believe it was mentioned in that article you posted).

Sherman was an awful in game coach, but he was great at evaluating and developing talent.
I don't think he was particularly stellar at evaluating and developing most talent, but he had a few really nice hits in his few years. Guys like Jarvis Harrison, Mike Evans, Deshazor Everett were huge for the program and basically had offers only to TAMU. Rossley almost had to go behind Sherman's back to offer Manziel. And something like 60% (that might be on the low end) of Sherman's defensive recruits weren't even with the team by the time Sumlin took over.

Everyone's favorite RB might soon be an Olympian.

Former Michigan and Rice running back Sam McGuffie is still putting his athleticism to use these days, and he has a chance to earn a spot at the 2018 Olympic Games.

McGuffie was one of 23 athletes announced to the 2015-16 USA Bobsled National Team roster on Monday, an interesting update to an athlete whose football career has ended.

Last edited:
Stidham has ran an offense very similar to this throughout HS so he has that as a little experience...

Stidham has ran an offense very similar to this throughout HS so he has that as a little experience...
he's also played in every game this year.

The fact that the media is pushing for Butch should let you know you're not getting him. Good luck with the hire tho
the media is pushing for Cristobal really, only LeBatard and them I heard pushing for Butch.

More like the fact that Butch is publicly campaigning for the job this hard lets you know that he isn't getting it. 

Clark said the staff pulled his offer the night before the Pitt game. He intended the be at the game and enroll at Cuse. The staff said that he doesn't fit their immediate needs since he has to sit out 16. Doesn't make sense seeing that he was an elite talent in high school and could use all the help they can get.

Back
Top Bottom