Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, that is wild.

AND he still shoots with 2 hands
Yeah, but his technique has lowkey come a long way.

Still bad but it's a bit more refined than say his HS days, or his first year in the league.

He's also one of the best Spot up shooters in the league and is one of the best players in Isolation this year too. It's crazy
laugh.gif

Yeah, but his technique has lowkey come a long way.

Still bad but it's a bit more refined than say his HS days, or his first year in the league.

He's also one of the best Spot up shooters in the league and is one of the best players in Isolation this year too. It's crazy :lol:

I followed him in HS to college and he has def worked on the release and timing even though his form is very amateurish :lol:. It's got better but he still needs a bit more work. He should be in the gym with JJ Reddick everyday and those numbers would be even better

Doc literally saved his son. Now at this point a lot of teams would pick him up

Clippers have an abundance of talent. Not sure any team in the league comes close to their level from top to bottom
So do the Lakers. That first round series w/ LAL and GSW this year is going to be a doozy.
no it's not 
roll.gif

warriors gonna win every game by 30 in a sweep 

imagine the lakers even making the playoffs this year anyways 
roll.gif

Last edited:
Seriously, Ben Simmons is not a PG man :lol:

He is, just not the traditional sense.

He can't guard 1's but he will be the primary offensive ball handler and playmaker.

Obviously he needs to play with a Pat Bev type who's only the PG on defense and can hit 3's.

His value solely derives from that, if he's not running the offense he's just another body who rebounds well because he's not a defender, can't shoot and isn't natural off the ball.

Last edited:

He can't guard 1's but he will be the primary offensive ball handler and playmaker.

His value solely derives from that, if he's not running the offense he's just another body who rebounds well because he's not a defender, can't shoot and isn't natural off the ball.

I agree with this, but I think ppl are accentuating his abilities as a playmaker / ball handler because he can't shoot defend and can't play off the ball

I don't see him as some lebron or Blake griffin or draymond type of playmaker. Just not that high on Ben

I agree with this, but I think ppl are accentuating his abilities as a playmaker / ball handler because he can't shoot defend and can't play off the ball

I don't see him as some lebron or Blake griffin or draymond type of playmaker. Just not that high on Ben

He looked shaky creating for himself during summer league to keep it a buck

Daily reminder that Austin Rivers shooting over 40% on 3's this year at over 4 attempts per game and is shooting like 43% from 3 as a starter.

I think Cp3's injury really helped him. Austin has beeen forced to step up....and he's stepped up to the plate. Good for him.

LeBron is a singular talent, he's already more advanced than Draymond and Blake at the same stage so barring some massive erosion of his skillset he'll be better than both of them from a ballhandling/passing standpoint.

Like historically there isn't even a parallel for a guy with his rebounding rate, assist rate and his size.

I'm not the highest on him either but only from a defensive standpoint.

On offense, having him be your PG while being guarded by a 4 and surrounded by shooters and Joel Embiid, there's no way he doesn't succeed.

I was gonna say something similar, awwsome. I'm not the biggest college bball expert, but leaving LeBron out of it (he's a top 5 passer ever) I don't see why Simmons can't get to a Draymond or Griffin level as a playmaker.

Good thing about lower body injuries is you get plenty of time to work on your shot mechanics since you can't really do much else

Wow. I agree with him not being a full-time traditional PG but his vision and ability to deliver passes are as elite as you're gonna get from a big.

Man, shoeking said Durant was a better playmaker than LeBron last year. I don't trust his playmaking evaluations. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom