Official 2016 Boxing Thread: 11/5/2016 - Vargas/Pacquiao Top Rank PPV.

what defense is thurman referring to?
laugh.gif

I wouldn't mind seeing Spence fight either guy. Brook is moving up so I will exclude him and Khan doesn't have the chin to fight either guy.

Keith did a little running, but did what he had to do to win the fight. I've always hated the way Porter fights & I factor that to him not being able to win a close decision. I do think Errol would beat both though. Keith was landing some bombs.

Last edited:
Extremely close fight but I gave the edge to Thurman for cleaner, harder shots. Porter put in a lot of work to the body. I wish Thurman would have done the same and utilized the uppercut more.

It only proved or hinted that Kell Brook is on another level and Kell Brook > Keith Thurman.

Kell Brook literally beat Porter w/ the 1,2 all night. Porter just isn't that good. He has a great work ethic, but I need to see Kell fight another big name now.

Porter took most of the early rounds but I think Thurman took most of them down the stretch, sharp counterpunches and hurt Porter on more than one occasion. I'm not mad at that decision.

Sucks for Porter, he fought a hell of a fight. I'd love to see them give him Danny, and I want to see Thurman fight Brook, but I'm sure neither one of those are gonna happen.

Porter is just too one dimensional but his heart and tenacity make up for it. If you can keep the fight in the middle of the ring and pivot off the ropes you can have great success against Porter.

Porter is just too one dimensional but his heart and tenacity make up for it. If you can keep the fight in the middle of the ring and pivot off the ropes you can have great success against Porter.

Yup. There's pretty much a certain blueprint on how to beat him. Keep the fight at distance & off the ropes b/c he can't do much if he's not smothering.

He ran right into shots every time

That's the next stage of development that he needs to make. I heard Shawn patterns his style after Mike Tyson but Mike rushed dudes using angles and feints. Shawn just rushes in with no plan everytime.

He ran right into shots every time

That's the next stage of development that he needs to make. I heard Shawn patterns his style after Mike Tyson but Mike rushed dudes using angles and feints. Shawn just rushes in with no plan everytime.

That's a fact. He doesn't come in at angles & barely used feints.. If he can get more fundamentally sound, he'd be a force w/ his chin & conditioning

That's a fact. He doesn't come in at angles & barely used feints.. If he can get more fundamentally sound, he'd be a force w/ his chin & conditioning

Do you think Kenny is the guy that can help him with his fundamentals? I think Shawn would be wise to hire another trainer as a consultant because I think Kenny isn't the answer.

Extremely close fight but I gave the edge to Thurman for cleaner, harder shots. Porter put in a lot of work to the body. I wish Thurman would have done the same and utilized the uppercut more.

For some odd reason, I think Garcia will find a way to beat both of them. But he has to be willing to fight them first. :smh:

Do you think Kenny is the guy that can help him with his fundamentals? I think Shawn would be wise to hire another trainer as a consultant because I think Kenny isn't the answer.

Shawn's pops runs his life so that probably ain't happening. But yeah I think Porter could benefit from a coach that gives him a little technique.

On the flipside though, you gotta wonder if you'd run into a James Kirkland type situation where he's just not the same unless he's working with the trainer he came in with. His cardio and fighting wild/aggressive got him where he's at now, wonder if him trying to switch it up to measured aggression would **** up the recipe.

For some odd reason, I think Garcia will find a way to beat both of them. But he has to be willing to fight them first. :smh:

You think so? I think Porter would use the same strategy against Garcia except I think he might actually be successful this time just because Garcia is a smaller guy.

Thurman vs Danny is more of a boxing match, it'd be interesting. And I think they both got chins but if I had to bet I'd say Danny would get rocked at some point and not the other way around. He surprised me in the Matthyse fight but I don't think he can pull it off vs. Thurman, bigger guy, bigger puncher and more skilled boxer too. I got Brook/Spence/Thurman > Porter > DSG right now

Kenny absolutely won't. He def. needs a change in trainers

Shawn's pops runs his life so that probably ain't happening. But yeah I think Porter could benefit from a coach that gives him a little technique.

On the flipside though, you gotta wonder if you'd run into a James Kirkland type situation where he's just not the same unless he's working with the trainer he came in with. His cardio and fighting wild/aggressive got him where he's at now, wonder if him trying to switch it up to measured aggression would **** up the recipe.

You think so? I think Porter would use the same strategy against Garcia except I think he might actually be successful this time just because Garcia is a smaller guy.

Thurman vs Danny is more of a boxing match, it'd be interesting. And I think they both got chins but if I had to bet I'd say Danny would get rocked at some point and not the other way around. He surprised me in the Matthyse fight but I don't think he can pull it off vs. Thurman, bigger guy, bigger puncher and more skilled boxer too. I got Brook/Spence/Thurman > Porter > DSG right now

It's more of a gut feeling than pure logic. Thurman telegraphs his punches you can see them from a mile away. Porter just keep rushing in straight lines. The thing with Garcia, is that even though he has limitations in his skill and physical attributes he realizes his strengths and weaknesses. People really underestimate his ring IQ and his tendency to stay composed and fight without deviating from his strategy.

No way I would pick Garcia to beat Spence though. Garcia will get cooked.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom