Official 2017 Boxing Thread: 12/16 - Billy Joe Saunders vs. David Lemieux HBO

Who will be the winner of Terence Crawford vs. Julius Indongo fight?

• Crawford

Votes: 16 88.9%
  • Indongo

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That Lampley interview had nothing bad at all. Ward was right in his response but there was nothing wrong with the question. There's no way that's why he ditched the faceoff.

I really like the fact that he basically s***ted on Kovalev by making him break his camp and then not showing up :lol: **** that guy.

But I can fully understand HBO being pissed, and the promo benefits the bottom line which Ward should probably give a damn about. Wonder what the motivation was for skipping it

I really like the fact that he basically s***ted on Kovalev by making him break his camp and then not showing up :lol: **** that guy.

But I can fully understand HBO being pissed, and the promo benefits the bottom line which Ward should probably give a damn about. Wonder what the motivation was for skipping it

Ward had to break camp too tho since he was at the fight as well.

Looks like they were planning on them both being at the fight and doing the faceoff the next day, and Ward just went home early for whatever reason.

Could this be a tactic to sell the fight? I don't remember what the first fight PPV #'s were but it's hard to sell Andre Ward on a PPV. Kovalev knocks people out, that's an easy sell. But the "sweet science" and clinching is a reach. Maybe Ward will take the heel route to try and boost interest.

I feel like I'd have a hard time sitting across from Kovalev for 20-30 minutes without wanting to swing on him :lol:

Could this be a tactic to sell the fight? I don't remember what the first fight PPV #'s were but it's hard to sell Andre Ward on a PPV. Kovalev knocks people out, that's an easy sell. But the "sweet science" and clinching is a reach. Maybe Ward will take the heel route to try and boost interest.

Ward is too boring personality wise to play heel. Instead of a villain he just comes off as an ******* with stuff like this.

Kov could play heel more and play into that "evil soviet" stereotype if he wanted too.

Last edited:

Idk if it was a tactic but him not going is getting more attention than than the actual face off would :lol:

I can see it now. September 16 LIVE at the MGM Grand. GGG vs Canelo. The fight is hyped. GGG walks to the ring first accompanied by Abel Sanchez. GGG waves to the crowd. Canelo comes out second joined by Oscar. The camera zooms in to Oscar who has a white substance around his nose. Michael Buffer is amped and rolls his Rs when introducing GGG and Canelo. Weeks is the referee for this bout. Weeks tells both guys they've received his instructions in the dressing room, protect themselves at all times and touch them up. GGG extends his gloves but Canelo rebuffs this act of kindness. Round one starts off fast, GGG blasts Canelo with a right hook staggering him. Canelo responds by doing the Ali shuffle, circling GGG and blasting him with a stiff uppercut. GGG is stunned. Round 1 comes to a close. Herald Lederman gives the round to Canelo. Round 2 starts off like Round 1 ended. Both fighters trading blows. GGG staggers Canelo, Canelo looks finished but he hits GGG with a right cross hurting GGG badly. Canelo goes in for the kill when all of a sudden the lights go off. The camera pans widly from left to right. Jim Lampley and Jim Ross are marking out. The power is restored in the ring is none other than Amir king Khan and Kell Brook. Both guys have chairs in their hands. Khan hits Canelo with a chair Jim Ross yells "KHAN JUST BROKE GINGER IN HALF". Brook hits GGG with a chair but no effect, the crowd starts chanting "GGG, GGG, GGG" out of no where Khan hits GGG with a chair. The thud reverberates through the MGM Grand. GGG is motionless in the ring. Fans began throwing trash in the ring trying to hit Khan and Brook. Jim Lampley begins to weep in the microphone whispering "BANG, HOW ABOUT ANOTHER BANG". The camera inexplicably zooms in to Oscar. Oscar's entire face is covered in a white substance. Oscar rushes towards the exist carrying two briefcases filled with money and possibly drugs. The cameras follow Oscar to a black limousine the door opens and sitting there in the none other than Leonard Ellerbe. Jim Ross yells "IT’S ELLERBE, ELLERBE, OSCAR AND ELLERBE PLANNED IT THE WHOLE TIME . OSCAR ON THE SAUCE AGAIN".

Last edited:
Ward is too boring personality wise to play heel. Instead of a villain he just comes off as an ******* with stuff like this.

Kov could play heel more and play into that "evil soviet" stereotype if he wanted too.

1xQNYj.gif

The sport needs to showcase they're personalities more, faceoff allows us to see the two fighters in they're elements, training, personal lives, etc.
It's good for the sport and it gives the fans just a tad bit of insight, and to connect more fighter.
After all the talking, and insults these two threw at each other...we need more drama!
Let that beef cook!!

Last edited:
Face-off is just the two dudes at the table with Max.

24/7 is the training/family etc. piece.

Last edited:

This.

Do people really want to see Ward and Kovalev being interviewed in a studio made to look like an interrogation room?

Screw Max!
I thought that was all the same production deal, but as long we get a 24/7 I'm good.
Some memorable moments were had...

Oscar throwing out that birthday cake that Pac sent him
Money May and his pops going at it
JMM drinking urine

:lol:

The sport needs to showcase they're personalities more, faceoff allows us to see the two fighters in they're elements, training, personal lives, etc.
It's good for the sport and it gives the fans just a tad bit of insight, and to connect more fighter.
After all the talking, and insults these two threw at each other...we need more drama!
Let that beef cook!!

Problem is one is a killer Soviet troll king and the other has no personality.

Screw Max!
I thought that was all the same production deal, but as long we get a 24/7 I'm good.
Some memorable moments were had...

Oscar throwing out that birthday cake that Pac sent him
Money May and his pops going at it
JMM drinking urine

laugh.gif
roll.gif
Called his pops a bum as cab driver

24/7 is usually good. Face offs are normally awful. Max isn't built for that. I remember when they had Marquez and Pacquaio do a friendly film breakdown. Had them looking like long time sparring partners - breaking down what the other did wrong and how they could improve next time.

One of my favorite 24/7's was the Cotto vs Margarito 2. Margarito talked down on Cotto the whole time. The episode where Miguel talked about his father was deep.

My favorite moments were

When Hatton was watching film of Pacquiao and said "same move every time", then proceeded to get knocked out by the same punch.

Mayweather mimicking Nazim Richardson flicking the towel.

This.

Do people really want to see Ward and Kovalev being interviewed in a studio made to look like an interrogation room?

Si. For the kovelev sound effects.

And i want to see 24/7.

I just cant wait to see wards wack ***, overated ***, no fan base ***, son of judges ***, ticket giving cuz no one coppin ***, stupid wack mohawk fade ***, bear hugging ***, knocked tf out.

Back
Top Bottom