Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

Melo deserves praise for dealing with the NY media and our FO with nothing but maturity and class. he hasn't lashed out, he doesn't have any scandals or court cases, he hasn't sat out any games in protest, he hasn't gone AWOL. he has never said he wants to leave and repeatedly has stated that he wants to win in New York. for someone that is chasing the money, that $10mil trade kicker doesn't seem to mean much to him.

**** phil I hope Dolan fires him. Stop trying to trade Melo and push us further into a rabbit hole. You're not getting the Brooklyn pick so no trade is gonna make us better. Egotistical piece of **** can't win without two hall of famers.

No one can without 2 hall of famers.

Why are we moving Melo for a terrible ******* package. I dont want picks in 2025 :smh:

If the package for Melo is this bad I rather not trade Melo at all. Trade Rose, at this point we'll get a better return.

Last edited:
The stuff that bleacher is reporting smh

Phil is willing to trade melo to the clips and not get one of the big three in return...

The New York Knicks are open to trading Carmelo Anthony to the Los Angeles Clippers in a package that does not include Chris Paul, DeAndre Jordan or Blake Griffin.

The Knicks technically cannot even trade for Griffin because a team cannot have two Designated Rookie Max extensions on a roster acquired via a trade at any time. Derrick Rose falls under that category as Griffin does.

**** Derrick Rose. Again.

Do it Phil.

Knicks....just take back future picks and expiring contracts back. And Austin rivers and a young guy or something.

That's enough

Can you just imagine Melo being traded and watching Rose asserting himself as the alpha the rest of the year? 
laugh.gif

Austin Rivers was once regarded as the worst player in the NBA. Now the Clips get Melo for him. LMAO.

I rather not get any player in return.

I honestly wouldnt know the feeling if Melo left, i think i would legit be sad :smh:

This is probably how Lebron and Durant fans felt like

Its making me sick to my stomach

Enough to suck for another decade

Addition by subtraction.

That's the problem teams like the Knicks and lakers face when rebuilding.

Y'all never really commit to a full rebuild. Due to location and fan base.....these teams always feel like they need to have a "star" on their team.....and they hold on to that star when it's clear it's bet to cut that loss.

See Starburry, See Melo.

The one time the Knicks actually were rebuilding....(coincidentally right after Marbury).....they went and got Melo just a few short years later.

Marburys last season was '08.
Chandler Drafted in 07
Gallo in 08.

Who knows what could've happened if Wilson Chandler, Gallo and them developed in NY. They loved being there.

What would be smart for the Knicks is to take a true rebuilding approach. Y'all got a stud in Kristaps. That's a BLESSING. Build through the draft and smart free agency signings.

No need to try and do a "flashy" sign or trade to fill that star in ny void y'all want.

Knicks have been bad for a while. A true rebuild is what y'all really need.

I agree we need a rebuild but how the **** do Jamal Crawford & Wesley ******* Matthews help that cause? They don't.

Phil can offer as many trades as he wants, it's Melo that has the final say. Rather keep him than trade him for garbage.

Melo is more than deserving to go chase his ring. I'm a Knicks fan before a fan of any player. There is no scenario where we trade Melo and get equal value back so I rather have him rot here and rebuild in the process. The Knicks waited 2 years too long to trade him. It really makes no sense to me to trade hi now. We're tanking fine with him on the team
He should've went to the Bulls !!!

Trade Melo, Rose is the alpha of the Knicks team. HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHHAHA

Floodarea; ROOT ROOT ROOT!!!!!

I agree we need a rebuild but how the **** do Jamal Crawford & Wesley ******* Matthews help that cause? They don't.

Phil can offer as many trades as he wants, it's Melo that has the final say. Rather keep him than trade him for garbage.
Exactly. If we got a young player like jaylen brown ok I'd consider it. But not this ****.

Exactly. If we got a young player like jaylen brown ok I'd consider it. But not this ****.

Jamal Crawford is on a one year deal and gone.

Wes Matthews is trade bait. He could be flipped....or useful if healthy.

Picks! Are valuable. This is a deep *** draft. You want Pick(s) in this draft. And possibly the next (Michael Porter Jr/Deandre Ayton)....do your googles.

And quality role players will want to play with Kristaps if the prices and coaching is right.

I don't think the Knicks understand the caliber of young player they already have.

Back
Top Bottom