OFFICIAL 2018 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who is going to win the Big Ten this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What's the preferred recruiting service out of the big 3: ESPN, Rivals or 247Sports?

ESPN rarely ever reevaluates guys outside of the UAAG, so they are terrible on kids who ball out their senior years, and Rivals is really biased towards kids that go to their camps.

How many highly rated RBs does it take to win a title...UGA will never know.

How many points does Florida gotta get they *** beat by for you to realize they’re Vanderbilt status now.

42-7 bum and this year it’s going to be a lot worse

How many points does Florida gotta get they *** beat by for you to realize they’re Vanderbilt status now.

42-7 bum and this year it’s going to be a lot worse

Don't address me any more child until y'all win a chip. I'll converse with the other posters in here who've actually seen their team win it all.

Stuff like this is why I don't trust richt

That was UGA fans single biggest gripe with Richt. He was a good recruiter but he never coached up his players. There are a lot of players that went to UGA that were better in the pros than they were in college. When NFL Network did their top 100 players in the league, UGA was the school with the most players.

Also, UGA fans felt as though Richt was a good but not great recruiter. We would typically get top 10 recruiting classes but not consistently in the top five like we should. UGA is it the premiere program in one of the most talent rich states and we don't have major competition like schools in Florida, Texas and California have. Kirby is just doing what UGA fans always expected of the program.

Kirby is just doing what UGA fans always expected of the program
That doesn't mean your expectations were realistic. You've literally had one title in the past 40 years, regardless who the coach was. Clearly the admin is investing more money and things are changing now. But just because y'all fans expected this doesn't mean anything. :lol:

There's so many varying reasons on why guys are better as pros too. Miami routinely has guys who become better as pros. Schemes, untapped potential, further development of their bodies, etc.

That doesn't mean your expectations were realistic. You've literally had one title in the past 40 years, regardless who the coach was. Clearly the admin is investing more money and things are changing now. But just because y'all fans expected this doesn't mean anything. :lol:

Obviously the expectations were realistic because it's coming to fruition.

It's that black and white. You're right.

Lol I don't no with you in the mood for arguing or what. Georgia fans will forever be grateful to richt for resurrecting the program and getting us past the dumpster fire of the 90s but his effectiveness at this program had come to an end. That 2015 season what's embarrassing and showed us that we needed at the change.

The expectation of Georgia fans increased when we saw what we were capable of with the right players. Also factor in that Tennessee and Florida haven't been dominant for several years now, Rick wasn't taking advantage of the opportunity left in the SEC East.

Another facor was the population growth of the Metro Atlanta area. With that came the sharp rise and talent in the state of Georgia. The state of Georgia puts more players in D-1 football than anyone (https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...18/16780636/best-recruits-2018-state-rankings). Mark richt wasn't taking advantage the way that many fans felt as though he could. You'll always get top players poached from you but Kirby is going a better job than Richt ever did. 8 of the top 10 players in Georgia signed with UGA last cycle.

Lol I don't no with you in the mood for arguing or what. Georgia fans will forever be grateful to richt for resurrecting the program and getting us past the dumpster fire of the 90s but his effectiveness at this program had come to an end. That 2015 season what's embarrassing and showed us that we needed at the change.

The expectation of Georgia fans increased when we saw what we were capable of with the right players. Also factor in that Tennessee and Florida haven't been dominant for several years now, Rick wasn't taking advantage of the opportunity left in the SEC East.

Another facor was the population growth of the Metro Atlanta area. With that came the sharp rise and talent in the state of Georgia. The state of Georgia puts more players in D-1 football than anyone (https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...18/16780636/best-recruits-2018-state-rankings). Mark richt wasn't taking advantage the way that many fans felt as though he could. You'll always get top players poached from you but Kirby is going a better job than Richt ever did. 8 of the top 10 players in Georgia signed with UGA last cycle.

Curious where you gleaned that (the bold) from your link? All that talks about are Blue Chippers and GA isn’t even even in the top 3 on either chart. Is there somewhere in that article that supports your comment and I overlooked it? I am mobile, so that’s always a possibility.

Not that GA hasn’t been crushing it, because they have, but I’ve yet to read any article that’s made a reference to GA placing the most D-1 players in the country. Closest thing I found in a quick Google search was GA being 2nd in D-1 “recruits” which is pretty broad and the article points that out:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sb...017/4/18/15340728/recruits-per-state-ncaa-map

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom